Star Health Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy provides additional protection & takes care of incidental expenses such as travel, food, etc., which are not covered under your Health Insurance Policy in the event of Hospitalization. This policy provides cover on a lump sum basis for the expenses incurred by the insured during hospitalization due to illness/sickness/injury. This policy acts as a cushion to the existing health policy of the insured person. To know more about this policy, have at the below mentions.
|Age at entry for adults
Maximum – 18 years
Minimum – 65 years
|Age at entry for the dependent children
Minimum – 91 days
Maximum – 25 years
|Self, spouse, and up to 3 dependent children
|1, 2, and 3 years
|Sum insured type
|Individual and family floater type
|Basic Plan and Enhanced Plan
|Free look period
What Are The Benefits of Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy?
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. The following table shows some of the important mentions.
|Name of the benefits
|Sickness hospital cash
Hospital Cash Amount (per day) for a maximum number of days chosen by the insured Deductible. One day deductible is applicable.
Amount – Rs. 1000, Rs. 2000, and Rs. 3000
Hospital Cash Amount (per day) for a maximum number of days chosen by the insured Deductible. No deductible
Amount – Rs. 3000, Rs. 4000, and Rs. 5000
|Accident hospital cash
|150% of the Hospital Cash Amount (per day) for a maximum number of days chosen by the insured
|ICU Hospital Cash due to Sickness and/or injury
|200% of the Hospital Cash Amount (per day) chosen by the insured Where the policy is issued on an Individual Basis, ICU Hospital Cash is payable for a maximum of 30 days only in a policy year Where the policy is issued on a Floater Basis, ICU Hospital Cash is payable for a maximum of 90 days only in a policy year
|Convalescence Hospital Cash
If Hospitalization is beyond 5
consecutive days one-day additional Hospital Cash amount is given as Convalescence Cash Benefit.
|Childbirth hospital cash
Note: This benefit is subject to a waiting period of 2 years from the first commencement of this Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy. Only female-insured persons are eligible for this benefit
|Worldwide hospital cash
|If the Insured Person is Hospitalized outside India for treatment of Illness or Injury, 200% Hospital Cash Amount (per day) chosen by the insured person is payable.
|Daycare procedures covered
Fractures (other than hairline fractures), Cataracts, Dilatation and curettage, Hemodialysis, Parenteral Chemotherapy, Radio Therapy, Coronary Angiography, Lithotripsy, Manipulation for Dislocation under General Anaesthesia, Cystoscopy under General Anaesthesia.
Covers 1, 2, 3, and 6 are applicable for the above said day care treatment. The insured person is eligible for a claim in respect of the above said day care treatments only five times in a policy year.
What are the exclusions of Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy?
Every policy comes up with certain exclusions for which it does not provide any benefits. Therefore, to have a comprehensive idea of the policy and to avoid future complications, the general exclusions of Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy are as follows:
- Use of intoxicating substances, substance abuse, drugs/alcohol, smoking, and tobacco chewing.
- Venereal Disease and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (other than HIV).
- Injury/disease directly or indirectly caused by or arising from or attributable to war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, warlike operations (whether war be declared or not).
- Injury or disease directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by nuclear weapons/materials.
- Weight control services, including surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery and/or medical treatment of obesity
- Stem cell Therapy, Chondrocyte Implantation, Procedures using Platelet Rich Plasma, and Intra articular injection therapy.
- Oral Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, and Biologicals, except when administered as an in-patient, when clinically indicated and hospitalization warranted.
- All types of Cosmetic, Aesthetic treatments of any description, all treatments for erectile dysfunctions, and Change of Sex.
- Plastic surgery (other than as necessitated due to an accident or as a part of any illness),
- Inoculation or Vaccination (except for post–bite treatment and for medical treatment for therapeutic reasons.
- Dental treatment or surgery unless necessitated due to accidental injuries and requiring hospitalization. (Dental implants are not payable).
- Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy, childbirth except to the extent covered under “Child Birth Hospital Cash,” family planning, miscarriage, abortion, and complications of any of these (other than ectopic pregnancy).
- Treatment for Sub-Fertility, Assisted Conception, and or other related complications of the same.
- Medical and/or surgical treatment of Sleep apnea, and treatment for endocrine disorders.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalization expenses
Premium Illustration Of Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
Mr. Sharma purchased Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy. Let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay for this policy for the given data.
|Rs. 10 lakhs
|Rs. 5 lakhs
|Rs. 15 lakhs
Buying Process of Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
One can buy this policy online by following the below steps religiously.
- Go to the official website of the company.
- Under the Plans tab available on the top of the homepage, select the Health Plan option, and view all.
- Multiple health plans will appear on the screen. Among them, select the Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy.
- On the right side of the landing page, there will be a Buy Now option. Click on that.
- Put the name of the policy-seeker, phone number, and pin code.
- Now one has to put other necessary details related to the policy, such as policy term, age of the insured person, coverage details, contact details, etc.
- Put the credentials carefully. On the basis of the given data, the premium amount will be shown that the person has to pay to buy the policy.
- Check the details twice. If satisfied, pay the premium amount by choosing the most convenient method available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification related to the same will be sent to the registered email address and/or phone number.
- Download the policy details. Or else, one can take a printout of that for better convenience.
Renewal Process of Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
A grace period of 30 days from the date of expiry of the policy is available for renewal. If renewal is made within this 30 days period, the continuity of benefits with reference to waiting periods will be allowed. This policy can be renewed by following the below process.
- Go to the official website of the company.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the ‘Renew’ tab. Click on that.
- On the landing page, one needs to put the policy number and date of birth in the right place. And then, click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Check the renewal amount and other details.
- If satisfied, pay the renewal amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment available with the insurer.
What is the claim procedure for Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy?
Under Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy, one can avail of both cashless and reimbursement claims. Here lie the steps of each process.
Cashless Claim Settlement Process:
- One can avail of the benefit of a cashless claim if he/she has taken medical treatments in any network hospital of the company.
- At the time of medical emergency, intimate the insurer as early as possible and inform the hospital authority and submit a copy of your health identity card.
- One can download the pre-authorization form from the company’s official website. Submit the duly filled and signed form.
- Once this form is submitted, the further verification process will be started on behalf of the company.
- If it is required, the company may assign a field doctor to evaluate the situation.
- If the claim is accepted, the company will pay for the bills.
Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process:
- If the insured has taken medical treatments in any non-network hospital, then he/she can claim reimbursement settlement.
- In case of any medical eventuality, inform your insurer at least within 24 hours of the occurrence.
- Upon the completion of the treatment, submit all the required documents like hospital and medical bills, discharge certificate, and original necessary documents to the insurer.
- Submit the duly filled and signed claim form.
- The company will start the process and verify the provided information.
- If approved, you will be notified and paid the amount of reimbursement.
Required Documents For Claim Settlement:
- Duly filled and signed claim form.
- Original copy of the policy.
- Original bills, receipts, and certificates received from the hospital.
- The company assigned field doctor’s report (if any).
- Treating doctor/surgeon/ medical practitioner’s bills/certificates.
- Self-declaration/FIR/ MLC in case of an accident.
- NEFT and KYC details.
- Any other document as demanded by the company.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following waiting periods are available under this policy:
- 30 days, not applicable for accidents.
- 24 months for specified illness/disease/treatments.
- 36 months for pre-existing diseases.
Below are the hospital days:
Basic plan – 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 120 days, and 180 days.
Enhanced plan – 90 days, 120 days, and 180 days.
This policy is portable. If the insured is desirous of porting this policy, application in the appropriate form should be made to the Company at least 45 days before but not earlier than 60 days from the date when the renewal is due.
No Third-Party Administrator, direct in-house claims settlement is available with the company.
The insured person may at any time cancel this policy and in such event, the Company shall allow a refund after retaining the premium at Company’s short Period rate only (as per the table given) provided no claim has occurred up to the date of cancellation.