Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance Policy
People living in rural areas are usually deprived of fundamental healthcare facilities due to minimum development and a lack of critical infrastructure in clinics and hospitals. To cater to the needs of such individuals and their families, Star has designed Micro Rural and Farmers Care insurance, which is an affordable health insurance policy that saves the insured from several healthcare expenses.
The good thing is that this policy does not require a pre-acceptance medical examination. It makes sure that people and their families who live in rural areas don’t have to sacrifice their health and provides total support when they are admitted to the hospital as a result of an illness or accident.
Adult: 18 To 65 Years
Dependent Children: 12 Months To 25 Years
|Policy Term||1 Year|
|Sum Insured Options||For Individual Plan: Rs.1,00,000 For Floater Plan: Rs.2,00,000|
Key Features & Benefits Of Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Policy
The plan is packed with unique features and benefits for its policyholders. Here are some of the important highlights of the plan:
- No Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening: Any kind of pre-insurance medical screening or examination is not necessary while purchasing the policy.
- Flexibility: The plan comes with two flexible variants, namely the Individual and Floater versions. The first version is available for those between the ages of 18 and 65; whereas, the floater version covers the self, spouse, and up to two dependent children (12 months to 25 years old).
- Co-Payment: For new policies as well as policies that are subsequently renewed for insured persons who are 61 years of age or older at the time of admission into this policy, there is a 20% co-payment requirement. This co-payment is not applicable for insured individuals who signed up for the policy before turning 61 and renew it constantly without a gap.
- Free Look Period: The free look period shall only be applicable to new individual health insurance policies; it shall not be applicable to renewals or when a policy is ported or migrated. Following receipt of the policy document, the insured person has fifteen days to evaluate the terms and conditions and return the document if they are not satisfactory.
- Lifelong Renewability: The plan provides a lifelong renewability option to the policyholder.
- Tax Benefits: Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 provides an exemption for payments made for this insurance in any manner other than cash.
Sample Premium Illustration Of Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance
Let’s look at the example below, in which we have shown sample premiums for various farmers, to better understand how much premium one needs to pay for the plan.
|Age Of Insured||Policy Type||Sum Insured||Premium Amount (Including Tax)|
|30 Years||Individual||Rs. 1 Lakh||Rs. 2,047|
|23 Years||Individual||Rs. 1 Lakh||Rs. 2,047|
Number Of Adults: 2
Number Of Children: 2
|Floater||Rs. 2 Lakhs||Rs. 3,611|
Number Of Adults: 2
Number Of Children: 0
|Floater||Rs. 2 Lakhs||Rs. 4,095|
What’s Included Under Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance?
The plan offers coverage for the following expenses:
|Room Rent||Up To 1% Of SI Per Day|
|Day Care Procedures||Covered|
|Cataract Treatment||Covered Up To Rs. 15,000 per Policy Period & Rs. 10,000 Per Eye|
What’s Not Included Under Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance?
Some of the expenses that are not part of the policy are as follows:
- Treatment conducted outside the geographical boundaries of the country
- Cosmetic surgery
- Non-allopathic treatment
- Change-of-sex treatment
- Self-inflicted injury
- Illnesses occurred due to drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Congenital diseases
- Infertility treatment
- War, terror attacks, and other related treatments
- Breach of law
- Unproven treatments
- Refractive error
Purchasing Process Of Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance
To purchase the policy, follow the instructions below:
- Pay a visit to the official website of the company.
- Go to the “Plans” banner and then click “View All”.
- The next page will show all the health insurance plans offered by Star. Search for Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Insurance and then click “View Plan”.
- Now read all the information displayed on the screen regarding the plan and then press the “Get A Quote” button. Don’t forget to put your name, mobile number, and pin code.
- Now fill in your contact details, such as the mobile number and email address, and then press “Next”.
- Enter all of your basic information on the next page, such as date of birth, policy type, and policy term, and then press the “Next” button.
- The next step is to choose your sum assured amount and payment option. The premium amount details will be displayed on the screen. Just press the “Buy Now” tab.
- The next page will request you to either log in or register your account. So, enter the basic details and log in to your profile.
- Make the payment through any of the listed methods and the policy details will be sent by the company to your registered mail address or phone number.
Claim Process Of Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance
Two different claims may be brought up about this policy. They are as follows:
- Go to the insurance desk at a hospital in the network. The firm should be notified 24 hours after admission in cases of emergency hospitalization, but only 24 hours before admission in cases of planned hospitalization. The company’s official website can also be used to submit a claim. You may contact the business by emailing email@example.com or by calling 1800 425 2255 or 1800 102 4477.
- Show the hospital reception staff your Star Health ID card for identification purposes.
- Submit pre-admission inquiries and records of medical consultations to the medical center.
- After network hospitals have verified your identity, they will give Star Health a properly filled-out pre-authorization form.
- The company’s doctors examine all of the submitted paperwork before processing the claim by the terms and circumstances. A field doctor assigned to the case may go see the patient at the hospital if it is required.
- The insurer will give the hospital the authorized amount after the patient is discharged and the hospital submits the claim documentation to the insurer. Simply, the insurance company pays the hospital directly for all medical costs.
The plan offers reimbursement claim services for both network hospitals and non-network hospitals. Let’s examine the process for doing the same!
- Seek medical attention from any suitable hospital, settle all hospital bills after being released, and compile all original documentation of the services sought and expenses incurred.
- Submit a request for reimbursement claim.
- Send the claim form and any other supporting documents to the company within 15 days of the discharge date. Complete the claim form and mail it, together with any required original evidence, to the local insurance office.
- After reviewing the claim, the accompanying documentation, and the out-of-pocket expenses, the insurance provider will then reimburse the amount to the insured’s registered bank account.
How To Renew Star Micro Rural And Farmers Care Insurance?
The actions listed below must be followed in order to renew the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care policy:
- Visit the Star Insurance homepage.
- Click the top banner’s “Renew” button.
- Type in your policy number and birthdate, then click “Submit”.
- Your policy information will be shown on the screen. After that, you can finish paying for your premium using any of the provided payment methods.
- After completing the procedures above, your policy will be successfully renewed, and the relevant information will be delivered to the contact information you provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can pay your premiums in quarterly, half-yearly, or annual mode.
The loading for the installment mode of payment is given below:
- Quarterly: 3%
- Half-Yearly: 2%
Yes. The waiting periods under the plan are as follows:
- Initial Waiting Period: 30 Days
- For Pre-Existing Diseases: 6 Months
- For Specified Illnesses: 6 Months
No. The plan does not cover any expenses related to COVID-19 and AYUSH treatment. Also, there are various other diseases that are not covered by the plan. Therefore, kindly consider the policy brochure for the same.
Contact the company’s toll-free helpline at 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org right away if your card is lost or stolen.
The KYC documents need to be submitted if the claimed amount is more than Rs. 1 lakh.