Star Health Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
Accidents can happen anywhere and anytime and they have the power to completely alter the victim’s life. One may not avoid such unexpected events, however, if an accident affects a person terribly, he/she may make sure that his/her family is financially taken care of.
Such protection is provided by the Star Saral Suraksha Bima policy. It is a benefit-oriented policy that allows for the provision of compensation in the event that the insured person is injured during the term of the policy. It is a type of personal accident insurance that provides coverage for accidental injury-related mortality and whole or partial permanent disability.
|Minimum Entry Age|
For Adults: 18 Years
For Dependent Children: 3 Months
|Maximum Entry Age|
For Adults: 70 Years
For Dependent Children: 25 Years
|Sum Insured Options||Rs. 2.5 Lakhs To Rs. 1 Crore|
|Policy Term||1 Year|
Features & Benefits Of Star Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
The plan is packed with a variety of features and benefits. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Coverage For Accidental Death: In the event of the insured’s accidental death within 12 months of the accident, this policy will pay 100% of the Sum Insured.
- Coverage For Permanent Total Disablement: In the event that the insured individual suffers a permanent total disability within a year of the accident, this insurance will pay 100% of the Sum Insured.
- Coverage For Permanent Partial Disablement: If a person sustains accidental injuries that result in permanent partial disability within 12 months of the accident, this insurance will pay a certain portion of the Sum Insured. For more details, take a look at the policy’s clauses.
- Optional Covers: The plan offers the following optional covers to the policyholders:
- Temporary Total Disablement: This coverage covers benefits as described in this policy in the event that the insured person suffers a serious injury exclusively as a result of an accident that results in temporary total disability.
- Hospitalization Expenses Due To Accidents: Up to 10% of the entire Sum Insured is paid for hospitalization-related medical costs as a result of an accident.
- Educational Grant: A one-time educational grant of 10% of the Sum Insured is offered for the dependent children of the insured person in the event of accidental death or permanent total disability of the covered person.
- Cumulative Bonus: If the policy is renewed without a gap, the total sum insured (excluding cumulative bonus) will increase by 5% for each year without a claim, up to a maximum of 50% of the original sum covered. The cumulative bonus that has accrued may be reduced if a claim is submitted in any given year at the same rate at which it has accrued.
- Grace Period: There will be a 15-day grace period for paying the policy’s instalment premium. From the installment premium due date to the date the company receives the premium, coverage will not be offered during this grace period.
- Free Look Period: The insured will have fifteen days from the date of receipt of the policy to study the terms and conditions and return the same if they are not satisfactory.
Sample Premium Illustration Of Star Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
Let’s take the example of Mr. Kumar, a 30-year-old male, who wishes to purchase the policy on an individual basis. In the table below, we have calculated the premium amounts for different parameters in his life. This will give the readers an idea of how much they need to pay for the plan in case they wish to buy it.
|Monthly Gainful Income||Sum Insured||Add-On Cover||Premium Amount (Full Payment)|
|Rs. 40,000||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Hospitalization Expenses||Rs. 773|
|Rs. 50,000||Rs. 9 Lakhs||TTD Cover||Rs. 7,115|
|Rs. 80,000||Rs. 10 Lakhs||Nil||Rs. 720|
|Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 20 Lakhs||Nil||Rs. 1,440|
|Rs. 25,000||Rs. 7 Lakhs||Education Grant Cover||Rs. 562|
Exclusions Of Star Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
The following aspects are not covered by the plan:
- Accidents due to war or war-like situations or invasions
- Intentional self-injuries
- Accidents or injuries due to participation in hazardous or adventurous activities
- Nuclear, biological, and chemical terrorism
- Participation in illegal or criminal activities
- Exclusions for hospitalization cover: Any admission-related costs, particularly for diagnostic and evaluative purposes, any diagnostic costs that are not incidental to the current diagnosis and therapy or that are unrelated to it
Purchasing Process Of Star Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
To purchase the plan, adhere to the following steps:
- Go to the home page of the company’s website.
- Click on “Plans” and then click on “Saral Suraksha Bima” under the “ACCIDENT” section.
- The next page will offer some important info about the plan. Read it carefully. Now enter your name, mobile number, and pin code, and then press “Get A Quote”.
- Now enter your contact details, including your email address and press “Next”.
- Enter basic information on the next page, including sum assured, monthly gainful income, and more. Then press “Next”.
- The premium details will now be calculated on the screen. Now press the “Buy Now” option, log in or register to your account, and then complete the payment method.
- The policy details will be sent to your registered mail address.
Claim Process Of Star Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
One can file both cashless and reimbursement claims against the policy.
- Visit the insurance desk at a network hospital. In the event of emergency hospitalization, the firm should be notified after 24 hours of admission, and for a planned hospitalization, the company should be informed before 24 hours of admission. You can file a claim on the business’s website as well. One can reach the company by calling 1800 102 4477 or 1800 425 2255, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- To be identified, present your Star Health ID card to the hospital reception staff.
- Send the medical center any pre-admission forms and documentation of medical consultations.
- Network hospitals will give Star Health a properly completed pre-authorization form once they have confirmed your identity.
- Before processing the claim in accordance with the terms and conditions, the company’s doctors review all of the supporting documentation. If it is necessary, the field physician assigned to the case may visit the patient at the hospital.
- Following the patient’s release and the hospital’s submission of the claim supporting documentation to the insurer, the insurer will pay the hospital the authorized sum. Simply said, the insurance provider covers all medical expenses by paying the hospital directly.
One can follow the below-mentioned steps for the reimbursement claim against the policy:
- Seek medical care at any appropriate hospital, pay all hospital bills after discharge, and gather all original records of the services taken and money spent.
- Submit an application for reimbursement.
- Within 15 days of the discharge date, send the claim form and any additional supporting documentation to the firm. Fill out the claim form, and mail it to the nearby insurance office together with any necessary original documentation.
- The insurance company will then reimburse the sum to the insured’s registered bank account after examining the claim, the supporting paperwork, and the out-of-pocket costs.
Renewal Process Of Star Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
To renew the plan, one can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Star Insurance website.
- Select the “Renew” option in the top banner.
- After entering your policy number and birthdate, click “Submit”.
- The details of your policy will be displayed on the screen. The remaining balance of your premium can then be paid using one of the available payment options.
- Following the completion of the aforementioned steps, your policy will be successfully renewed, and the pertinent data will be sent to the contact details you provided.
Important Points To Note Before Renewing Star Saral Suraksha Bima Plan
Here are the points one needs to look at before renewing the policy:
- The company will try to notify customers before a renewal.
- Before the end of the policy period, the company must receive the request for renewal and the necessary premium.
- The insurance will expire at the conclusion of the policy period, but it may be renewed within the grace period of 30 days to continue receiving benefits without a gap in coverage. The grace period does not provide coverage.
- On renewals based on individual claims experience, no loading shall be applied.
- At the time of renewal, the insured has the choice to choose an optional cover or decline it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The premium amounts can be paid annually, half-yearly, and quarterly.
Yes. The loadings for the quarterly and half-yearly mode of payments are 3% and 2% respectively.
Yes. The plan can be renewed for a lifetime.
No. The company will not charge any interest for the same. However, the policy will be canceled if an installment premium is not received during the grace period.
To submit your claim, the following documents are required:
- Duly completed and signed claim form
- A photo ID proof
- A copy of the police inquest report, FIR, or panchnama, appropriately attested by the concerned Police Station
- A copy of the medical-legal certificate appropriately attested by the relevant hospital
- Any other supporting documentation