Star Health Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy is an exclusive policy for students who want to study abroad. It covers expenses incurred due to any medical emergencies, travel inconveniences, and study interruptions during the travel or stay abroad. This policy is available under three plan options, namely Gold, Silver, and Standard. In addition, this policy provides separate cover for travel to USA & Canada and travel worldwide other than USA & Canada. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
|Age at entry
Minimum – 15 years
Maximum – 40 years
|Only who want to go abroad for further studies.
|Sum insured options
|USD 50,000/-, USD 100,000/- and USD 250,000/-
Key Highlights of the Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy
The followings are the important benefits of this policy that help the students get rid of their financial burden.
Cover for Travel Inconveniences – This policy covers the loss incurred due to Travel inconveniences such as Flight Delay, Trip Cancellation, Loss of Passport, Loss or Delay of Checked-in Baggage, Missed Flight/Connection, and Hijack Distress.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains – In case of the death of the insured person abroad, this policy covers the transportation of the mortal remains of the insured person or compensates the equivalent amount for a local burial or cremation in the country where the death occurred.
Personal Accident Cover – In case of death or disablement of the insured person due to an accident, then the company will provide a lump sum to the insured person or his/her legal representatives up to the specified limits.
Emergency Medical Expenses Cover – This policy indemnifies the expenses incurred for medical emergencies during the insured person’s stay abroad.
Dental Emergency Cover – This policy provides cover for expenses incurred on acute anaesthetic treatment to treat dental problems arising out of injury during the trip.
Compassionate Visit – If the insured person gets hospitalized abroad for more than 7 consecutive days and is not in a condition to be moved back to the home country, then the company will cover the expenses incurred for a round trip by air/train of one immediate family member to assist the insured person.
Emergency Medical Evacuation – This policy provides cover for emergency medical evacuation of the insured person on the advice of the medical practitioner. It also covers associated transportation and medical treatment expenses.
Personal Liability Cover – If the insured person is either legally liable for illness/injury (fatal or non-fatal) to any person or damage to property during the period of insurance, then the Insurance Company will indemnify the insured person against all sums which he/she becomes legally liable to pay.
Bail Bond – In case of false arrest or wrongful detention of the insured person by police or judicial authorities at a place as specified in the proposal form, then the Insurance Company will pay up to the specified Sum Insured towards the cost of the bail bond.
Premium Illustration of Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy
For a better understanding, here is an example of how this plan works. Pinak Bose, a 15-year-old boy, purchased Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy for his upcoming studies in abroad. Let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay for this policy for different numbers of days and different sum insured options.
|Number of days
|Sum insured option
|271 to 365 days
|Including USA and Canada
|181 to 270 days
|91 to 120 days
How To Purchase Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy?
One can buy this policy online by following the below easy steps.
- Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance Company.
- Go to the plans section. There will be a travel tab. Select the view all option.
- Look for the Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy, and click on that.
- On the landing page, there will be the buy now option on the right side of the page. click on that.
- Put the necessary details such as name, phone number, and pin code, and submit.
- On the next page, put the other necessary policy-related credentials.
- Be careful while putting the data. On the basis of the given data, the premium amount for the policy will be displayed.
- Check it again. If satisfied pay the amount online securely.
- you have purchased the policy. A notification regarding the same will be sent to the registered email ID and/or phone number.
- Download the policy document or take a printout of that for better convenience.
Claim Procedure of Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Follow the below steps.
- The insured must call the concerned assistance company as per their jurisdiction and intimate regarding their claim details along with the name of the hospital where they are treated within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- The assistance company will guide him/her further for cashless treatment. The documents called for by the assistance company must be produced immediately to enable the company to process cashless claims.
- Once the company receives all the required documents, it will evaluate and do the scrutiny. Once they get satisfied, the claim amount will be settled down within the stipulated period.
Frequently Asked Questions
The policy term can be further extended once for another 365 days upon the insured person’s request before the expiration of the policy.
If an insured person loses his/her passport during the trip, then the company will cover the expenses incurred in obtaining a new passport or valid travel documents to return to the home country.
If the insured person happens to discontinue his/her studies in the event of hospitalization of the insured for more than one consecutive month due to injury, sickness, or terminal sickness, then the company will compensate the tuition fee that has already been paid.
If the insured person’s study gets disrupted due to the accidental death of any immediate family member or the sponsor during the entire policy period, then the company will compensate the tuition fee that has already been paid.
In case of accidental death of the sponsor of the insured person, then upon submitting the death certificate, the company will reimburse the tuition fees incurred for the remaining period of the education of the insured up to the specified limits. Therefore, you can continue studying without any interruption.
The following documents will be required.
- Copy of Police Complaint
- Copy of intimation to the Passport Office
- Copy of the Lost Passport
- Expenses incurred in obtaining a Duplicate Passport/Alternative travel documents
- Policy copy
- Copy of E-ticket