Star Health Travel Protect Insurance Policy
The Star Health Travel Protect Insurance Policy provides coverage against unfavourable events that may arise while travelling abroad. It aids in dealing with travel-related difficulties that could result in financial losses, such as medical emergencies, flight-related difficulties, and other difficulties. Star Health travel protection will safeguard you from any emergencies, whether you’re travelling for pleasure, business, or higher education.
Read more about the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy in detail!
Here are the eligibility criteria for Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy.
Minimum- 6 Months
Maximum- 70 Years
|This policy covers people aged between 70 and 75 years at a premium loading of 50%. For persons above 75 years of age, this policy provides maximum cover under the Emergency Medical Section of up to USD 10000/- with a premium loading of 25%.
|Sum Insured Options
|USD 50,000/-, USD 100,000/-, USD 250,000/- and USD 500,000/-.
|Loss of Passport
|If an insured person misplaces their passport while travelling, the company will pay for the costs of getting a new passport or other acceptable travel documents to get back home.
|The company will reimburse the costs incurred for additional lodging, travel, and other reasonable expenses up to the specified limits if the insured person’s flight is delayed for more than six hours.
|This policy provides two cover options. It can be availed for travel to USA & Canada, and travel worldwide other than USA & Canada.
Features and Benefits of Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Here are the salient features and benefits of the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy.
- Pre-Insurance Medical Screening
This policy exempts pre-insurance medical examinations. However, those over 65 and those with a history of poor health must submit an ECG, a fasting and postprandial blood sugar test, a cholesterol profile, and a urine strip test plan report.
- Emergency Medical Expenses Cover
The costs incurred for medical emergencies while the insured person is travelling abroad are covered by this policy.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
On the recommendation of the treating physician, this policy covers the insured person’s emergency medical evacuation. It also includes costs for related transportation and medical care.
- Personal Accident Cover
The company will pay a lump sum to the insured person or his or her legal representatives up to the specified limits in the event of the insured person’s death or disabling injury as a result of an accident.
- Dental Emergency Cover
This policy offers coverage for costs associated with urgent anaesthetic care to address dental issues brought on by mishaps while travelling.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
If the insured person passes away while travelling, this policy will pay for the transportation of their mortal remains or provide the equivalent amount for a local burial or cremation in the country where the death occurred.
Deductibles may apply to this policy. It refers to the dollar amount below which the business will not be held responsible for covering any claims.
- Cover for the Loss of Checked-In Baggage
The company will cover the insured person’s losses up to the limits specified in the policy schedule if the checked baggage (their property) is lost by an airline or carrier.
- Loss of Passport
If an insured person misplaces their passport while travelling, the company will pay for the costs of getting a new passport or other acceptable travel documents to get back home.
- Checked-In Baggage Delay
The company will provide compensation for the delay up to the limits specified in the policy schedule if the insured person’s checked baggage is delayed for more than 12 hours while travelling.
- Flight Delay
The company will reimburse the costs incurred for additional lodging, travel, and other reasonable expenses up to the specified limits if the insured person’s flight is delayed for more than six hours.
- Missed Connection/Departure
Due to the listed reasons, the company will reimburse the insured person for reasonable additional lodging and travel costs if they miss the pre-scheduled departure or connection flight.
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption
The company will compensate the insured or his or her legal representatives up to the specified amount if the insured person’s trip is cancelled due to accidental bodily injuries or the death of either the insured person or a member of his or her family.
- Personal Liability Cover
The Insurance Company will indemnify the insured person against all sums for which he or she becomes legally liable to pay up to the specified limits if the insured person is either legally responsible for illness/injury (fatal or non-fatal) to any person or damage to property during the period of insurance.
- Hijack Distress
The company will pay the equivalent in Indian rupees for each day of delay up to the specified limits if the common carrier in which the insured person is travelling is hijacked and the trip is interrupted or disrupted for longer than 12 hours.
Exclusions Under the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Star health travel protect insurance plan does not provide cover for the following:
- If the insured person leaves against a physician’s advice
- Existing medical conditions are not covered.
- Receiving medical treatment abroad.
- If the insured engages in competitive or organised sports, like rock climbing.
- If the insured engages in winter sports or uses ski slopes.
- If the insured performs any sort of manual labour.
- If an insured person participates in a riot or other form of civil unrest.
- Coverage does not apply to wilfully self-inflicted injuries, illnesses, diseases, mental disorders, depression, or anxiety.
- If a claim regarding pregnancy is made.
- Exposure to extreme danger, excluding efforts to save human lives.
- Any additional issues or birth defects.
Premium Illustration- How Does the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy Work?
Let’s take an example to understand!
Mr. Rohit Rajput, a resident of Delhi, loves to travel quite often. Since he has to visit abroad to meet the company’s clients, he is keenly aware of the fact that any mishap can happen anytime. To avoid such circumstances, Mr. Rajput opted for the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy. Here is the premium illustration according to his trip tenure and age.
|No. of Days
|Including USA & Canada
|29 to 35
|$ 500, 000
|Rs. 2, 141
|Including USA & Canada
|29 to 35
|$ 50, 000
|Rs. 1, 403
|excluding USA & Canada
|48 to 60
How To Buy Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy?
If you travel more often, then considering the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy would be an ideal option to get maximum protection against a multitude of unfortunate accidents. Planning to buy the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy? If so, simply follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Star Health Insurance.
- Simply float your mouse over the “Plans” section on the home page and select “View All” from the “Travel” Tab.
- A page showcasing all of the travel insurance policies will appear. Then, locate the “Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy”. Though you might need to scroll down a bit, once you find the plan in the list, simply click on “View Plan”.
- All the plan-related information will be shown on the following page. Just carefully go through the plan, then enter your name, mobile number, and pin code before clicking the “Get A Quote” button.
- Enter your contact information now, including your email address and mobile number, and click “Next.” Make sure that the details entered are correct and true to your knowledge.
- On the following page, enter your basic information, such as your date of birth, your choice of including or excluding the United States and Canada, and the number of days, and then click Next.
- After you choose an insurance plan, details regarding the premium cost will be displayed below. You will also receive the premium amount at the bottom. Then, “Call Now” to continue with the process.
- The final step to buying Star Travel Protect Insurance is to make the payment. Simply use a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- The policy information will then be sent to the registered email address or mobile number.
What Is The Renewal Process of Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy?
It is no secret that an expired policy is a real headache and may let you run into abundant difficulties. Thus, renewing your Star Travel Protect Policy is inevitable. To get maximum protection during your travel, then all you need to do is simply follow these steps:
- The first step that you need to follow is to visit the home page of Star Health Insurance.
- On the home page, click the “Renew” button located at the top of the page.
- The moment you clicked the button to renew, then a page will be displayed, requesting you to enter your policy number and date of birth. Check whether the details entered are correct.
- Then, you will need to press the “Submit” button.
- Then, you will see the details of your policy displayed, including the amount to be paid.
- After that, you are required to make the premium payment using your Credit/Debit card.
- Ensure you follow these steps to successfully renew your Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy.
- After making the payment, your policy will be renewed, and the details will be sent to your registered contact number and email Id.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, third-party liabilities are covered by the Star Health Travel Protect insurance plan.
Yes, this is a unique circumstance, and the Star Health Travel Protect insurance plan covers it.
A person over the age of 70 is eligible to purchase this plan, but they will need to pay an additional 50% of the applicable premium.