Young Star Health Insurance Policy
Star Young Star Insurance Policy is a health plan that provides coverage to people up to the age of 40 years. It includes things like ambulance fees, automatic restoration, mid-term inclusion, and other medical costs related to hospitalization. Along with that, it has unique characteristics like no rent cap.
Star Health Insurance Young Star plan offers wide coverage with affordable premiums. Additionally, the company offers a guaranteed lifelong renewal feature, making it simple to renew a policy. Depending on their needs, the policyholder can select either a gold plan or a silver plan. One also has the option to pay the premium for the Young Star Insurance Policy on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annual, biennial (every two years), or triennial (every three years) basis.
Continue reading to know more about Young Star Insurance Policy in detail!
Here are the eligibility criteria for Young Star Insurance Policy.
For Adults: 18 Years- 40 Years
For Dependent Children: 91 Days- 25 Years
|Sum Insured Options|
Available on an Individual Basis: Rs. 3, 00, 000/-
Available on Both Individual & Floater Basis: Rs. 5, 00, 000, Rs. 10, 00, 000, Rs. 15, 00, 000, Rs. 20, 00, 000, Rs. 50, 00, 000, Rs. 75, 00, 000, and Rs. 100, 00, 000/-
|Policy Term||1/2/3 Year|
|Installment Facility Available||Yes|
|Daycare Procedures||All daycare Procedures covered|
|Loyalty Benefit||10% discount for people above 40 years if the policy was purchased before turning 36|
Key Features & Benefits of Choosing Young Star Insurance Policy
Here are the key features and benefits of considering the Young Star Insurance Policy.
- In-hospitalization expenses: The costs associated with being hospitalized, such as room and board, nursing costs, specialist costs, and ICU fees, are covered.
- Emergency Road Ambulance Charges- In the event of a medical emergency necessitating the insured’s immediate hospital transfer, ambulance costs are covered.
- Pre-hospitalization Expenses – Up to 60 days of coverage are provided for any medical costs incurred before hospital admission.
- Post-hospitalization Expenses – Up to 90 days after hospital discharge, medical expenses incurred are covered.
- Daycare Procedures – Any medical procedure that requires hospitalization of less than 24 hours are covered.
- E-medical Opinion- The panel of experts at the insurer will provide an e-medical opinion to the insured.
- Cumulative Bonus- The insured is eligible to receive a cumulative bonus worth 20% of the Basic Sum Insured for each year without a claim.
- Modern Treatments– Deep brain stimulation, balloon sinuplasty, oral chemotherapy, and other contemporary treatments requiring cutting-edge medical procedures are covered.
- Delivery Expenses– Only the gold plan is covered for delivery costs up to Rs 30,000 per delivery.
- Hospital Cash Benefit– This benefit is only available under the gold plan and provides a cash payment of Rs 1000 per day for up to 7 days per hospitalization and 14 days per policy period.
- Star Wellness Program– By engaging in wellness activities and leading a healthy lifestyle, the insured can benefit. You can use the rewards to get discounts on premium payments.
Exclusions Under the Young Star Insurance Policy
The list of conditions and treatments that the Star Young Star Insurance Policy does not cover is provided below:
- Pre-existing diseases (for the first year)
- Specified diseases come with a waiting period of 12 months
- No expenses are covered during the 30-day waiting period, except for accidents.
- Rest cure or respite care treatment
- Obesity-related treatment
- Gender change treatment
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery treatments
- Breach of law
- Alcoholism or any other drug addiction
- Sterility and infertility
- Circumcision treatment
- Intentional self-injury
- War or invasion-like situations
- Nuclear weapon attack
- Existing specified diseases.
Premium Illustration- How Does the Young Star Insurance Policy Work?
Here is a sample premium illustration of Mr. Umar Kumar Mishra, who is working as a Quality Analyst at Accenture. Let’s take a look at the premium amount that both will need to pay for the Young Star Insurance policy:
|Age||Policy Type||Policy Term||Plan Type||Health Insurance Cover||Premium Amount|
|30 Years||Individual||1 Year||Silver||Rs. 3 Lakhs||Rs. 3, 942|
|20 Years||Individual||3 Year||Gold||Rs. 10 Lakhs||Rs. 23,534|
|33 Years||Floater||2 Year||Silver||Rs.50 Lakhs||Rs. 28, 696|
How To Buy Star Young Star Insurance Policy?
Buying a Star Young Star Insurance Policy has now become a cakewalk for many people looking to protect their health against medical uncertainties. If you are willing to buy the plan, kindly follow these easy steps to make your policy purchase a fruitful one.
- First, go to the official site of Star Health Insurance using your Smartphone or your laptop.
- When you are on the page, take your mouse on the “Plans” section and then click on “View All” under the “Health” Tab.
- After clicking, you will see a page that is displaying all the health insurance policies of Star Health Insurance in the box. Scroll down a bit and locate your “Star Young Star Policy”. Once you find the plan, click on “View Plan”. Then, the plan page will be opened.
- When you are on the page, enter your details like your contact number, full name, and Pin code. Ensure all the entered details are correct so that you don’t need to worry about errors in the policy documents later. Then, click on the “Get a Quote” button.
- After that, a page will be displayed which allows you to enter your contact details, including your name, mobile number, and email address. Then, click “Next” to continue with the process.
- Then, you will need to calculate the premium amount that you wish to pay the premium amount. For that, you need to enter your date of birth, Policy Type, Policy Term, and Plan Type and, then click Next”.
- Select the health insurance coverage as per your needs, and the details of the premium payment will be shown. The premium amount will also be given to you at the bottom. click “Buy Now”. Additionally, you will have the choice of making a full payment or an EMI. After that, you will need to enter your user ID/mobile number and then password to continue.
- Lastly, you need to make the payment either via credit/debit card/net banking and after that, the policy detail will be sent to the registered mobile number or email address.
Claim Procedure for Young Star Insurance Policy
If you want to know the cashless claim process, then don’t panic. Simply follow these quick steps to make a claim.
- First, you will need to contact the insurance desk in a network hospital. To continue with the process, simply call 1800 425 2255 or 1800 102 4477, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then, you are required to show the hospital reception staff your Star Health ID card.
- Send the hospital any documentation related to pre-admission investigation findings and medical consultations.
- Network hospitals will mail Star Health a correctly filled-out pre-authorization form after confirming your identity.
- Before processing the claim in accordance with the terms and conditions, their doctors review all supporting documentation.
- If required, a field doctor assigned to the case may pay a visit to the patient at the hospital.
After the patient is discharged, the company will get the claim documentation from the hospital and pay the hospital the agreed-upon amount.
When the insured makes a pre-arranged arrangement with the hospital for the procedure, they are required to cover the hospital’s expenses upfront and submit a claim for reimbursement within 15 days of the patient’s discharge.
Let’s discuss the complete reimbursement process.
- All claims must be intimated within 24 hours of hospital admission. The services for reimbursement are provided by hospitals both inside and outside of networks.
- Pay off all debts, get medical help, and file a compensation claim. To receive the claim form, mention your policy number and let Star Health know you were hospitalized.
- Pay all hospital bills as soon as you are discharged, and compile all original documentation of the assistance provided and expenses incurred.
- All required original documentation must be brought to the nearby Star Office along with the claim form, which must be fully filled out.
- The company will settle the claim, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Renewal Process Of Young Star Insurance Policy
If you are looking to renew your Young Star Insurance Plan? If so, listed below are the steps to renew the policy in just 2 minutes.
- Go to the home page of Star Insurance using your Laptop or a Smartphone.
- On the top of the home page, locate the “Renew” option on the top. Click on it.
- Then, you will see a page asking you to enter your policy number and birthdate. Then, Click “Submit” to proceed with the renewal process. Ensure the entered details are correct to save time and effort.
- When you click, the details of your Star Young Star policy will be displayed on the screen. Then, you can make the premium payment using a variety of payment options.
- After you have finished the aforementioned steps, your policy will be successfully renewed.
- Last, the necessary information will be sent to the registered contact number and your email Id.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can port your Star Young Star Insurance policy to other health insurance plans by applying 30 days before the current policy expires.
No, the e-medical opinion is only based on the medical records that are submitted by the insured.
Your Star Young Star Health Insurance policy will expire automatically once the sum insured and restoration benefit are exhausted.
Yes, there are 15 days of the free-look period from the date of receipt of the policy to review the terms & conditions of the policy. You can return the policy between these 15 days. This free-look period is only applicable to new health insurance policies.
Young Star Plan allows you to make unlimited claims, provided your sum insured limit is not exhausted. If you have exhausted the limit of your plan, then you cannot make any other claims.