National Parivar Mediclaim Policy
National Parivar Mediclaim Policy from National Insurance Company is a family floater policy that covers every member of the family for a single sum insured. Any family member may use the corresponding sum insured amount for a variety of illnesses and injuries. A family is only allowed to have a spouse, oneself, and two dependent children, according to the policy’s terms and conditions. The policy’s main goal is to lessen a family’s financial loss during an unplanned hospitalization due to illness or unintentional damage to a family member.
According to the policy’s definition, a family can only consist of oneself, one’s spouse, and two dependent children. The main objective of this policy is to lessen a family’s financial burden in the event of an unanticipated illness or accident. This insurance provides cashless/reimbursement coverage for all family members under a single Sum Insured for inpatient treatment costs (a minimum 24-hour hospital stay), domiciliary hospitalization, and 140+ day hospitalizations during the policy period. The costs incurred should be affordable, normal, and required by medical needs.
Read on to know more about National Parivar Mediclaim Policy.
Here are the eligibility criteria for National Parivar Mediclaim Policy.
|Entry Age||18 to 65 years|
|Policy Term||1/2/3 years (customer’s choice) with attractive discounts on the long-term policy|
|Sum Insured range||Rs.1, 00, 000 to Rs.10, 00,000/-|
|Lines of treatment covered||Allopathy, Ayurveda and Homeopathy (Up to 100% of SI).|
|Pre and Post Hospitalization||30 days and 60 days|
Coverage Details of National Parivar Mediclaim Policy
The following are the major details of the National Parivar Mediclaim Policy. Let’s take a look at them.
|Health Check-Up Facility:||Expenses of health check-ups once at the end of check-ups four claim-free policy periods with limits as per policy.|
|Floater policy without limits on any one illness per person||Available|
|No Claim Discount||(5%) on the base premium|
|Long-Term Policy Discount||Available|
|Zone Wise Discount on basic premium||Available|
|Maternity/Infertility Discount||for insured above 45 years of age.|
|Anti-Rabies Vaccination for children as per limits specified in the policy||Available|
|Life long renewability||Available|
Features & Benefits of National Parivar Mediclaim Policy
The following are the potential benefits of the National Parivar Mediclaim policy.
- Tax Benefits: The conditions outlined in Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 apply to the premium paid toward the policy plan, making it eligible for tax benefits.
- Pre and Post-Hospitalization: It is one of the major benefits of choosing the National Parivar Mediclaim policy that includes coverage that lasts for 30 days for pre-hospitalization and 60 days for post-hospitalization.
- Organ Donor Expenses: This insurance benefit gives the insured the broadest protection for the costs of organ transplantation as recommended by a medical professional. The donor will be compensated for all in-patient, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization costs.
- Maternity and Baby Expenses: During the lifetime of the policy, all in-patients for deliveries or terminations of pregnancies will receive coverage a maximum of twice.
- Infertility: This is yet another significant advantage that is included. After a set number of waiting periods, the plan gives Infertility Treatment Cover up to the limits stated in the policy.
What is Not Covered Under National Parivar Mediclaim Policy?
Here is the list of the aspects that are not covered under the National Parivar Mediclaim Policy.
- For the first 30 days after the policy’s launch, only claims resulting from accidents are covered.
- All pre-existing conditions covered following the first forty-eight (48) months of the policy
- Waiting periods of 90, 1, 2, and 4 years for particular conditions.
- Excluded Providers for Change-of-Gender Treatments and Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery
- Supplements, tonics Drug and/or alcohol misuse, as well as self-harm
- Non-prescription medication and home visit fees
- Dental care (unless it results from an injury that necessitates hospitalization) and outpatient department care (OPD treatment)
Frequently Asked Questions
A minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years can be acquired for the National Parivar Mediclaim Policy.
The benefit of lifelong renewability is one that the insurance provides to its policyholders.
The policyholder’s premium is determined by the zone they chose. In total, there are 4 zones.
Zone 1: Includes the metropolitan area of Mumbai and the whole of Gujarat.
Zone 2: Delhi NCR, Chandigarh, and Pune
Zone 3: Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata
Zone 4: Remaining parts of India