No Inspection. No Paper Work
Bike Insurance Plans
Kawasaki Bike Insurance
Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd. was launched as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Japanese two-wheeler manufacturing giant Kawasaki Heavy Industries Motorcycle & Engine. It was set up in May 2010 in Pune Maharashtra as a joint venture between the parent company and Bajaj Auto Ltd. A few years later, in 2016, the joint venture with Bajaj Auto Ltd came to an end and Kawasaki Motors built their own sales and service network. The brand features distinguished Japanese technology and exemplary design that helps them standout and make an impression. Topping the list in India is their best-seller, the Kawasaki Z900.
Kawasaki bike insurance is a legal agreement between the insurance company and the Kawasaki bike buyer/ owner that protects you, the buyer, from financial losses that could arise from damages or accidents caused to or because of your Kawasaki bike.
Quick View Of Kawasaki Motors Private Limited
|Company Name||India Kawasaki Motors Private Limited|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Parent Company||Kawasaki Heavy Industries Motorcycle & Engine|
|Managing Director||Naoki Matsumoto|
|Number of Employees||300+|
Top 5 Kawasaki Two Wheeler Models
- Kawasaki Ninja 300 – Available in a total of 3 colors in India, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 is the most affordable bike by Kawasaki. The sports bike is powered by a 296cc BS6 engine that develops a power of 38.88 bhp and a torque of 26.1 Nm. The Kawasaki Ninja 300 comes with front and rear disc brakes, along with an anti-locking braking system. The fuel tank capacity of the bike is 17 liters.
- Kawasaki Z 800 – The Kawasaki Z 800 was the second model to be launched as part of the ‘Z’ series of the brand. The sports bike is powered by a liquid-cooled inline-four 806cc engine that develops a power of 10,200rpm and a torque of 83 Nm. The engine comes with a 6-speed gearbox and a fuel tank capacity of 17 liters.
- Kawasaki Z 900 – Available in a total of two colors in India, the Kawasaki Z 900 is one of the superbikes launched by the brand. Its starting price in India is around Rs. 8,16,686. The sports bike is powered by a 948cc, liquid-cooled, inline four-cylinder engine that develops a power of 123.6bhp and a torque of 98.6 Nm. The Kawasaki Z 900 comes with front and rear disc brakes, along with an anti-locking braking system. The total bike weight is about 212 kg, and its fuel tank capacity is 17 liters.
- Kawasaki Z 1000 – With an engine capacity of 1,043cc, this superbike was the first of the ‘Z’ series launched by Kawasaki in India. The sports bike develops a max power of 140 bhp and a torque of 111 Nm. The Kawasaki Z 1000 comes with front and rear disc brakes and with a fuel tank capacity of the bike is 17 liters.
- Kawasaki Ninja 1000 – Available in only one variant and one color in India, the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is a superbike. It’s powered by a 1043cc BS6 engine that develops a power of 140.13 bhp and a torque of 111 Nm. The model comes with an anti-locking braking system and has a fuel tank capacity of the bike is 19 liters.
Coverage: Inclusions Under Every Kawasaki Bike Insurance Policy
Depending on the Insurance plan you choose, these are the basic inclusions under the Kawasaki bike insurance policy by any insurance company:
- Damage due to fire explosions, lightning, or self-ignition.
- Losses due to the theft of your Kawasaki bike.
- Any damages and losses to your Kawasaki bike due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, storms, etc.
- Damages and losses due to accidents. The damages could be to your Kawasaki bike or any third-party and their property that suffered damages because of your Kawasaki bike.
- Any losses or damages due to terrorism or other malicious activities.
- Any damages to your Kawasaki bike during transportation in the elevator, road, bus, ship, rail, etc.
- Protection from any financial losses or legal issues due to damages caused to a third party or their property by your Kawasaki bike.
- Personal accident cover.
- Covering for any add-ons opted for along with your Kawasaki bike insurance plan.
Coverage: Exclusions Under Every Kawasaki Bike Insurance Policy
Basic exclusions for every bike insurance policy are as follows:
- Any wear or tear on your Kawasaki bike and the consequent financial bearings.
- Damages due to an electrical or mechanical breakdown of the Kawasaki bike.
- Damages on the Kawasaki bike if the rider was without a valid or active driving license during the damages.
- Damages incurred if the rider was under the influence of any intoxicants like alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Damage caused to your personal property because of your Kawasaki bike.
- For any other situations that are not included in the policy document.
Essential Add-Ons That Complete Your Comprehensive Kawasaki Insurance Plan
Along with your Kawasaki bike insurance policy, you can opt for the following add-on covers for extra protection:
- Key Protect Cover – If you lose or damage the keys of your Kawasaki bike, this add-on cover will help cover the cost of a replacement key.
- Outstation Emergency Cover – With this insurance cover, you get financial protection of up to a fixed amount for any damages to your Kawasaki bike during an outstation journey.
- Zero Depreciation Cover – This insurance cover helps you protect the insured value of your Kawasaki bike by removing the bike’s depreciation from the claim settlement amount.
- Roadside Assistance Cover – In case of a sudden breakdown, you can call for emergency roadside assistance anytime and anywhere with this add-on insurance cover.
- Personal Belongings Protection Cover – This insurance add-on cover protects you from financial losses incurred due to theft or damage to your personal belongings kept in the Kawasaki bike.
- Bike Engine Protect Cover – This insurance add-on cover offers financial protection against any damages to your Kawasaki bike engine.
- Consumables Cover – This insurance add-on covers the cost of consumables for your Kawasaki bike like engine oil, lubricants, etc.
Complete Your Kawasaki Journey With A Bike Insurance Plan
The Kawasaki bike insurance plan you choose can depend on several factors like coverage, benefits, and add-ons that can be availed along with the plan. The different types of plans available for your Kawasaki bike insurance policy are:
- Third-party Liability Policy – As per the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, every Kawasaki bike needs to have at least third-party insurance to ply on Indian roads. A third-party insurance plan protects the bike owner against financial and legal implications in case of an accident or damage to a third party’s property because of the Kawasaki bike. However, damages to your Kawasaki bike are not covered under this plan.
- Comprehensive Cover – The comprehensive insurance policy covers a lot more than just third-party liabilities if any. Under the comprehensive Kawasaki bike insurance plan, the policy owner can additionally secure themselves against damages caused by accidents, natural calamities, thefts, loss of personal goods during the accident, etc.
Third-Party Bike Insurance vs Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Though third-party insurance is the minimum requirement by the law for any Kawasaki bike to run on Indian roads, deciding on which insurance plan suits you best can depend on several factors. Let’s have a look at them below.
Comprehensive Kawasaki Bike Insurance Policy
Third-Party Kawasaki Bike Insurance Policy
|This plan can offer you holistic coverage including damages to your Kawasaki bike as well as any third party who has suffered damages because of your Kawasaki bike.||This plan only insures you against damages to a third party and their property due to your Kawasaki bike.|
|Under the comprehensive plan, you can avail a wide range of add-on covers like No-claim Bonus Cover, Key Protection Cover, Zero-Depreciation Cover, Consumables Cover, etc.||Under the third-party liability policy, you can avail only Personal Accident Cover.|
|It is recommended to buy a comprehensive policy if you require complete coverage for your Kawasaki bike, along with the available add-on covers.||It is recommended to buy a third-party liability policy if you use your Kawasaki bike very rarely or the bike is very old.|
|This plan is more expensive because of its benefits and coverage.||This is the cheaper option of the two and is the minimum requirement by the law.|
Compare Different Insurance Plans Online
Buying an insurance plan for your Kawasaki bike can be one of the most confusing yet crucial decisions after buying the bike. To pick the right insurance provider, you must do your research well. Here are the most important reasons why you should compare different bike insurance policies online before buying one:
- Searching for plans and related information online is easy and convenient.
- Helps you make a well-informed decision by comparing the features, benefits, and offerings of different insurers.
- You can compare the inclusions, exclusions, add-ons, etc., of different policies to choose the one that gives you the most at the best price.
- You save yourself from hearsay or impulse buying.
- You can choose the offerings and the premium of the company that suits you.
- You are well-versed with the terms and conditions offered by different insurers and compare against those of others to check for any red flags.
- You can get yourself some great deals and discounts online.
Factors To Consider While Comparing Bike Insurance Plans Online
While comparing the bike insurance policies offered by different companies, here are the most important factors you need to consider:
- Insurance coverage
- Insured’s declared value of your Kawasaki bike
- Add-ons offered
- Claim process
- Claim settlement ratio
- Customer service facility
- Garage network
- Inclusions, exclusions, etc.
Buying Kawasaki Bike Insurance? Probus Is The Right Choice!
Buying the right insurance policy for your bike is as crucial a decision as buying the right bike. Probus understands the depth of this and is hence, geared towards making all the necessary information available to you at the right moment. Especially for Kawasaki bikes, you can end up losing a lot of money on damages and repairs because of their rough usage and off-roading. The aim is to make your dream of owning and riding your Kawasaki a safe and stress-free one. Here are some of the reasons why Probus bike insurance should be your first choice:
- Compare Different Plans and Offerings – On the Probus platform, you can compare the plans and offerings by different vendors before making a choice of which one is right for you and your Kawasaki bike.
- Free Premium Calculator – This is an online free tool on the Probus website which shows you a close approximation of the premium you can expect to pay each vendor.
- Expert Guidance – The team of experts is always available on call, message, or email to help you with your insurance decisions and to clarify any doubts you may have regarding the policies and policy documents.
- Claim Assistance – You will always have the support of our super-efficient claim assistance team, who can guide you with claims. The team helps you prepare all the necessary documentation before submitting them for a claim.
What’s The Kawasaki Bike Insurance Online Renewal Process?
You can renew your Kawasaki bike insurance online with Probus, anytime and from anywhere in three simple steps:
- Log into the Probus website
- Click on renewal on the homepage
- Then click on motor insurance and select the insurer
- Enter details regarding the policy like policy number and expiry date.
- Verify all the policy details and check the premium.
- Make the premium payment online.
Reap The Benefits Of Probus’s Claims Filing Team
The claims filing team is important while filing for a claim on your Kawasaki bike insurance because:
- You can get all the necessary information regarding filing your insurance claim and answer any queries you may have.
- They provide you with full support in preparing the necessary documentation while filing the claim.
- The claims assistance team knows the procedures and protocols involved in filing claims very well. This will make your claim process quicker and hassle-free.
Know Your Kawasaki Bike Insurance Premium Calculation
Understanding the premium on the insurance policy for different models and plans helps you make a more informed decision about which Kawasaki bike to purchase as well as which policy to buy. With Probus’ online premium calculator, you can compute the prices for various plans effortlessly.
|Kawasaki Bike Model||Model Variant||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Premium|
|Kawasaki Z 900||STD||₹5,89,680||₹5,647|
|Kawasaki Z 250||STD (249 CC)||₹2,32,848||₹2,646|
|Kawasaki Z 800||Z 800 (806CC)||₹5,69,373||₹5,898|
|Kawasaki Z 1000||Z 1000 (1043CC)||₹11,95,920||₹9,436|
|Kawasaki Ninja 250||Ninja 250 (250CC)||₹2,40,358||₹2,686|
*Disclaimer: The insurer used for this calculation is Royal Sundaram General Insurance. The place of registration used to calculate these premiums is Mumbai and the year of purchase used is 2020. Based on your specifics, the rates may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it compulsory to get a Personal Accident Cover along with Kawasaki bike insurance?
Yes, the Personal Accident cover is compulsory as per the law. As per rules laid out by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), you need to buy a Personal Accident Cover. You can purchase it either while buying a new bike insurance policy or while renewing your old one.
2. What are the necessary or required documents while buying a Kawasaki bike insurance online?
The best part about buying your bike insurance online with a platform like Probus is that the transaction is absolutely paperless. You simply need to enter the necessary details like vehicle number, model, registration date, etc., you can pay the premium online.