No Inspection. No Paper Work
* Subject To Underwriting
Bike Insurance Plans
Royal Enfield Bike Insurance
Royal Enfield (India) is a motorcycle manufacturing enterprise and brand that was established in India in 1955. The headquarters of this global motorcycle brand is in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Royal Enfield bikes have been in production and use for the last 66 years and have achieved the tag of “The Oldest Global brand in continuous production.” Royal Enfield, which is now under the parent organization known as Eicher Motors, was actually licensed by the native company Indian Madras Motors.
The globally accepted motorcycle brand is known for its premium-looking bikes with attractive features. The Royal Enfield Bullet is one of the most popular products of this company and enjoys the title of “the most prolonged production run in the all-time history of motorcycle manufacturing.” With such standards, it’s every bike lover’s dream to own a Royal Enfield someday, thus making the motorcycle something much more precious than just a vehicle, a dream.
It is only natural that once you finally have your hands on your dream Royal Enfield bike, you would want to keep it safe and sound at all times. This is exactly why you should invest in a good insurance policy cover to keep your bike safe against a possible crisis or in the face of possible adversity.
Royal Enfield At A Glance
|Company Name||Royal Enfield|
|Parent Organisation||Eicher Motors|
|Year of Founding||1955 (Founded as Enfield Motors)|
|Key People||Vinod K. Dasari (Current CEO)|
|Location of Head Office||Chennai, India|
|Subsidiaries||Harris Performance Products, Royal Enfield Thailand Limited|
Check Out The Top 5 Most Sought-After Models Of Royal Enfield
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 – As the name suggests, this model is a definite classic and for valid reasons. Sporting a single-cylinder, air-cooled engine, a modern fuel injection system, and a 5-speed manual gearcase, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 stands a class apart from any other bike.
To top it all off, it comes with a power output of 20.07bhp and a torque performance of a whopping 28Nm. The mileage ranges from 35kmpl to 37kmpl, while the engine displacement is 346cc.
- Royal Enfield Bullet 350 – The Royal Enfield Bullet 350 is yet another famous motorcycle. It enjoys the reputation of being the world’s oldest bike range, having maintained a continuous and similar production run from 1948. This model comes equipped with pretty much the same specs as the Royal Enfield Classic 350. It’s available in four different color options as opposed to the Royal Enfield Classic 350 that is available only in a single color.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan – This award-winning motorcycle is considered ideal for seemingly longer journeys, on or off road. The commendable performance has made it one of the best performing bikes in India in the year 2020 and it also bagged the Motorcycle of the year Award from NDTV Car and Bike Awards in the year 2016. It comes with a single-cylinder engine that is capable of producing an extended power of 24.83bhp, torque output of 32Nm, mileage of 29.48kmpl, and engine displacement of 411cc.
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X – The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X, equipped with a single-cylinder Twin spark engine, can prove to be your best buddy for long journeys. This model is one of the first Royal Enfield motorcycles to come with tubeless tires. Its twin spark engine comes with a 5-speed manual gear case and has an engine output pretty much the same as Classic 350 and Bullet 350. The maximum power of its engine is 20.07bhp, and the peak torque comes at 28Nm. The mileage offered is approximately 42 kmpl while the engine displacement is 346cc.
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 – The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is a one-of-its-kind, award-winning bike best known for its splendid performance and widely liked by bike lovers. It is the love of the masses towards this bike that also made it the winner of the esteemed Indian Motorcycle of the Year Award in the year 2019. The motorcycle comes equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission and flaunts an air-cooled engine with the capacity to generate a whopping power output of 47.65bhp at 7250rpm. Not only this, even the torque output of the Interceptor 650 is commendable with a delivery of 52Nm. To top it off, this model sports dual cylinders in the engine. The bike offers a mileage of nearly 15kmpl and an engine displacement of 648cc.
What A Royal Enfield Bike Insurance Policy Covers
There are a certain set of instances that almost every bike Insurance policy cover will protect you against. Some of the usual inclusions are stated below:
- Damage incurred due to natural reasons – A typical motorcycle insurance policy cover will safeguard your bike against damages incurred in the advent of uncertain disasters that are nature-borne, such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
- Personal Accident Cover – A motorcycle policy cover will be responsible for protecting you against any damage caused to your vehicle as well as to you or your family members in a personal accident.
- Man-made Disasters – Human actions or unrest like terrorism, agitation, riots, etc. can also cause potential damage to your vehicle. An insurance cover would generally take care of this damage and expenses incurred thereof.
- Theft – A claim can be filed to cover for the loss caused by the theft of your vehicle.
- Insurance Against Third-party Liabilities – In the scenario where a third person or their property has been damaged because of your vehicle, your motorcycle insurance policy will cover the damages.
What Your Royal Enfield Bike Insurance Policy Excludes?
There are a variety of instances that are generally not covered in vehicle insurance. Here’s a list of some:
- Theft/loss/misplacement of vehicle accessories
- Possible legal fault or burden incurred due to the faults of a third-party or paid driver
- Protection against accident or injuries of the pillion passenger/driver
- Possible damages that could have been averted if not for the negligence of the driver
- Everyday wear and tear of the motorcycle
- Damage caused while the driver is intoxicated or under the influence of any drugs, sedatives, drinks, etc.
What Are Add-Ons: Benefits And Examples
The needs and priorities of each individual vary when it comes to deciding what you want protection against in your motorcycle policy. If your comprehensive policy cover excludes some of your priority needs, do not worry because you have the option to handpick additional areas where you require coverage and get them added to your policy. This upgrade of your policy will help your insurer to meet your insurance needs better. Here’s a list of some choices that are available as possible add-ons to an existing insurance cover:
- Roadside Assistance – An add-on that protects you against any possible technical default or breakdown when you’re on the highway or in remote areas.
- Zero Depriciation – This add-on will allow you to receive full compensation against your policy claim i.e., without excluding the depreciation caused by wear and tear of your vehicle.
- Protection of The Engine – An engine is the most important part of a vehicle. Without a sound functioning engine, your vehicle will not be able to perform as well as it can, if at all. Thus, having your engine secured is a smart option.
- No Claim Bonus – This add-on allows you to claim a No Claim Bonus for previous years even if a claim has been filed for the current policy year.
Types Of Bike Insurances For Your Royal Enfield
The available two-wheeler insurance covers can be broadly categorized into the following two categories:
- Third-Party Bike Insurance – This is the most basic plan available in the market and provides minimum coverage. It’s mandatory that every vehicle needs to be insured, and this is the basic plan you can purchase. Please note that driving a vehicle that is not insured can make you liable for a fine and also lead to imprisonment. However, this plan only provides protection against accidents or collisions to the third-party by the insured vehicle. You have to pay for any and all damage caused by your motorcycle due to other reasons.
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance – As the name suggests, a comprehensive insurance policy cover will protect you on a lot of levels depending upon the policy you invest in. Some general protections offered are accidents, theft, nature-caused damage, fire, and man-caused damage. Even though this plan comes at a higher premium rate than a third-party policy, it is still a prudent and popular choice amongst smart customers who prefer thorough overall protection of their precious bikes.
Why Are Bike Insurance Plans A Necessity For Your Royal Enfield?
It takes years for some to save up enough to buy a bike, and for others, it can even spell a loan. Now it is only natural that an asset as such must be kept safe at all times. An easy way to do that is to invest in a good insurance policy for your vehicle.
It is also legally mandatory in India for all vehicle owners to purchase an insurance policy before driving their vehicles on the roads. Your motorcycle is always facing a threat of theft, accident, natural disasters, fire, malicious acts, and/or several other possible crises, the loss from all of which can be averted by prudently buying an insurance cover. Some policies also secure you against third-party damage or injury alongside personal injuries pertaining to the vehicle. Thus, making an insurance policy covers a necessity instead of a luxury.
Why Compare Plans Online?
- Convenient: Comparing bike insurance plans online is very convenient and hassle-free. You can go through the product details, see which scheme offers the benefits you need, and make a well-informed decision.
- Best Deals: With the middlemen absent and the feasible option of comparing deals online, you can almost always be sure of getting the best prices and deals for your policy.
- Reviews Available: Analyzing past experiences of the customers and being able to learn from them is very helpful. And this is available online.
Factors To Consider When You Compare Insurance Online For Royal Enfield Bike
With the feature of easy online calculation of insurance prices, it is very convenient to get a quick quote on your desired policy. Below are some areas where you can compare the quotes-
- Type: Pick the type of policy you wish to invest in after giving it due thought.
- Details: Carefully peruse through the various details of the plan and evaluate different policies against each other to find your ideal plan at the best possible price.
- Premium: Be sure to choose a plan that comes with a premium that is affordable for you and doesn’t cause an unnecessary burden on your finances.
- Add-ons: Glance through the available add-ons if you wish to upgrade your policy and purchase them at an inflated premium rate.
Why Make Probus Your First Choice For Your Royal Enfield Policy?
- Easy Comparison – Compare several insurance policies on the Probus website. The variety available will help you get the best deals each time.
- Expert Advice Available – The experienced and IRDA Certified industry experts will assist and advise you from start to end in your policy buying journey.
- Effortless Claims Assistance – Quick and hassle-free claiming assistance is possible with the help of the claims assistance team, who is eager to help you.
- Safety and Privacy – The prime motto is to keep policyholder’s information secure and confidential at all times. So you know you’re in safe and capable hands.
5 Easy Steps To Renew Your Royal Enfield Policy On Probus
It is vital to keep your vehicle insurance active and renew on time. Be mindful of an approaching lapse of your policy and renew it within time to stay safe. Follow the steps below to renew your policy –
- Log on to the Probus website
- Select the renew option and then motor insurance
- Select your insurer and fill in the needed details
- Make the payment for the premium
- That is all! You’re good to go!
Claim Filling Process & Advantages With Probus Insurance
In the possibility where your bike has met with an accident and incurred damage, your policy insurer will pay for the damages.
To claim, you should get in touch with your insurer at the earliest possibility and file a claim against your insurance policy. Usually, a policy gives about 48 hours to the insured to start with the claiming process or to inform the insurer about the mishap.
To process your claim, the insuring party would then assess the evidence of the mishap and evaluate the damage and expenses incurred thereof. Once everything is in order, the claim would be processed and paid to you.
How Probus Insurance help in filing a claim?
- Timely and effective communication
- Quick and Hassle-free claims
- Stay on top of all deadlines and documentation
- Expert Advice from Industry Experts
- Proper paperwork management
Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance Price Sample
|Model||Variant||Premium inclusive of taxes (rs.)|
|Royal Enfield Classic||Classic 350 (346 CC)||2,601|
|Royal Enfield Bullet||BULLET 350 (346 CC)||2,657|
|Royal Enfield Himalayan||ABS (411 CC)||4,156|
|Royal Enfield Thunderbird||350 X ABS ROVING RED (346 CC)||2,863|
|Royal Enfield Interceptor||650 STD (648 CC)||4,577|
*Disclaimer: The insurer used for this calculation is HDFC Ergo General Insurance. The place of registration used to calculate these premiums is Alwar, and the year of purchase used is 2017 with comprehensive insurance and 0% No Claim Bonus. Based on your specifics, the rates may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about on Royal Enfield Two Wheeler insurance
If you feel that an addition to your insurance policy is necessary given your circumstances and priorities, then you should get it added to your plan.