How To Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online?
Buying a bike of your dream is not the end, you also need to protect it from different hazards and dangers that it is exposed to like you protect your family and the dearer ones. Moreover, a third-party bike insurance policy is mandatory for the owners of the bike, as per the Indian Motor Act. When the insurance policy for a bike is purchased, it automatically gets linked to the vehicle’s registration number.
But, purchasing a bike insurance policy does not end your responsibility because to continue to protect and safeguard your bike, you need to renew the insurance plan on time regularly. For this, you need to be well aware of the expiry date of your bike insurance policy otherwise, if not paid the premium on time, the policy will be void and you can not avail of any of the benefits and facilities of your policy. Certainly, you do not want that. Therefore, it is vital to be aware of the expiration date of the policy.
Why Is It Important to Keep a Tab on Bike Insurance's Expiry Date?
The expiry date of your bike insurance policy must be in your knowledge because of various reasons. The most important ones are as mentioned below.
- For Not Breaking The Law – If you are a bike owner, having a third-party liability bike insurance policy is mandatory in India as per the Indian Motor Act. If you miss the expiry date of the insurance plan, your policy will be void and therefore, you will be breaking the law, which is a punishable offense.
- For Protecting Your Bike – Your dream bike needs protection in the form of a bike insurance policy just like you protect your closed ones through various insurance plans. But, if you do not pay the premiums on time, your policy will be expired and you cannot avail of the benefits and facilities of your policy. Therefore, your bike will not get any protection.
- To Avoid Financial Burden – If your bike meets an accident or any perils, it needs repair works to get back to its previous state. This repair work may cost you thousands to lakhs, which may pose a financial burden on you. But if you have an active bike insurance policy and you pay the premium on time before the date of expiry, that plan will compensate your economical loss and lessen your financial burden.
- To Avoid Complexities And More Expenses – Keeping the expiry date of your bike insurance policy in knowledge is important because though some insurance providers offer a revival of an expired policy, this process is complex and also will charge you extra as fine. To avoid such uncertainties, you need to keep a tab on the expiry date of your bike insurance policy.
- To Keep Your Policy Active – If you know the date of expiry of your bike insurance policy, you can pay the premium before that and prepare yourself according to that. In this way, you can keep your policy active and avail of its benefits and facilities of it.
- To Have Peace of Mind – If you know the expiry date of your bike insurance plan and pay the premiums on time regularly, it provides you with a sense of peace and you can go out on your bike without much worry.
Different Procedures To Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online
You can check the expiry date of your bike insurance policy online in different ways. Have a look at the below methods.
1. Via Insurance Information Bureau
Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) keeps all the insurance plan-related details on its website. So you can visit the website of it and can easily view the expiry date of your policy following the below steps.
- Go to the official website of the Insurance Information bureau.
- On the homepage, under the ‘Quick Links’ tab, you will find the ‘V Seva’ option. Click on that.
- You will be directed to a new page. On the landing page, a form will be displayed before you.
- Fill up the form with required detail such as name, address, registration number, etc.
- After that, click on the Submit option after providing the right captcha.
- The expiry date of your bike insurance policy will be displayed before you.
Few Guidelines for IIB:
- Registration Number has to be entered without any special characters.
- In the case of new vehicles, only Chassis and Engine Numbers are submitted by insurers at the time of issuing the policy.
- The data will be displayed for the bikes bought before 1/4/2020.
- For such vehicles where details are not available, the Querist may approach the concerned RTA for details of the vehicle owner, address, etc.
- You will be allowed to search up to a maximum of 3 times for a particular mobile number or Email ID.
2. Through Official Website of Insurer
Your insurance company keeps all the records of your insurance policies. So, you can log in to the official website of your insurance provider of yours and view the details. The procedure of logging in and checking the details may vary from one insurer to another. Usually, the policy number or the registration number of your bike is needed to be put to view the expiry date of your bike insurance plan. Additionally, your policy document also carries the expiry date of the same.
3. Through Official Website of VAHAN
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Government of India keeps the records of all the vehicle or motor insurance policies on its website called VAHAN. So, you can easily check the date of expiry of your bike insurance policy using this website by following the below steps.
- Go to the official website of VAHAN.
- On the top of the page, you will find the ‘Know Your Vehicle Details’ tab. Click on that.
- By putting your mobile number, you need to create an account there.
- After creating the account successfully, you need to put the required details such as your bike number and the verification code, and others, if any.
- Now click on the ‘Search Vehicle’ option.
- The details of your bike insurance policy will be displayed before you. The expiry date can be found under the Insurance Up to tab.
Others Options To Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, you can also find out the expiry date of your bike insurance policy in different ways. For more details, follow the below content.
1. Regional Transport Office’s Official Website
No motor vehicle can be driven or allowed to be driven by anybody in any public place without registration done by the concerned registering authority as per provisions of section 39 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. The regional transport office of your area keeps the records of your vehicle as well as the details of your insurance policy for that vehicle. You need to log in to your portal of the Regional Transport Office of your region online and provide the registration details of your bike, and all the details of your bike insurance policy, including the expiry date, will be displayed before you.
2. State Transport Department
State Transport Department of your State also maintains the record of your vehicle and the insurance policy related to it. So, you can also view the expiry date of your bike insurance policy thereby logging in to your account and putting in the necessary credentials.