The Bihar RTO is a division of the Transport Department of Bihar and was founded under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Its primary goal is to carry out the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
It provides a variety of services to improve the welfare of road transportation and safety, including the issue of licenses, car registrations, and the issuance of permits. Moreover, it also keeps checking on pollution, road transport rule enforcement, tax collection, etc.
Functions Of Bihar RTO
Bihar RTO is in charge of overseeing transportation. It also handles a number of additional functions, including some of the following:
- Motor vehicle registration
- Issuance and renewal of driving license
- Issuance of fitness certificate to vehicles
- Collection of motor vehicle tax
- Issuance and renewal of permits for goods and passenger-carrying vehicles
- Providing affordable traffic facilities
- Taking pollution control measures
- Organizing projects on road safety
- Transfer of ownership
- Changing or updating the address
- Issuance of duplicate RC
List Of RTO Offices In Bihar
Here’s a list of RTO offices in Bihar:
|RTO Office||Code||RTO Office||Code|
How To Register Your Vehicle At Bihar RTO?
The RTO/DTO will check the information you supplied once you have submitted the application and the required supporting documentation. After that, the inspecting authority at the RTO/DTO will check out the new vehicle.
The registering authority will provide you with a vehicle registration number and a receipt following a successful examination. The receipt may be used as evidence of vehicle registration up until the point at which you obtain the Registration Certificate. The Registration Certificate can be picked up in person from the RTO/DTO or sent to you by mail.
Documents Required For Registering Your Vehicle In Bihar
The forms needed for vehicle registration can be downloaded online or collected from the nearby RTO/DTO. You can submit your application in Form 20 and include the following supporting documents:
- Form 20 application form
- Form 22/22A
- Valid insurance document of the vehicle
- Invoice for the vehicle issued by the dealer
- Vehicle owner’s passport-sized photograph
- Certificate of custom clearance (for imported vehicles)
- Copy of PAN card
- Attested copy of address proof
- Attested copy of age proof
- ID proof issued by the government
- A payment receipt for entry tax and Form VIII obtained from the commercial tax department must be submitted in the event of automobiles bought from any other state.
- Bank loan-related documents (in case of lease agreement/hire purchase/vehicle under hypothecation
Contact Details Of Bihar RTO
Address: Transport Commissioner, Bihar Vishwesaraiya Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna – 800 015, Patna, Bihar 800001
Phone No: 0612-223333
Bihar RTO Website: https://state.bihar.gov.in/
Bihar RTO Office Timings: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many RTOs of Bihar have moved to Jharkhand?
There are 14 RTOs that have moved to Jharkhand (JH) codes, namely BR 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 23, 35, 36, 40, 41, 42, and 47.
2. What effect does Bihar RTO have on your vehicle insurance premium?
The premium may vary according to the city’s location. Other elements including the total number of vehicles registered in the city, the frequency of vehicle theft, and the likelihood of disaster in the city may also play a role in determining your vehicle’s premium.