Renew in just 5 mins.
No Inspection. No Paper Work
Car Insurance Plans
Oriental Car Insurance
Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL), headquartered in New Delhi, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Oriental Government Security Life Assurance Company Limited. OICL began its operations in 1947 and soon scattered its operations to various cities of the country. They also have overseas operations in countries like Nepal, Kuwait, and Dubai and have around 13,000+ employees. While they offer plenty of insurance policies across various retail and corporate plans, one of their standouts is insurance for both urban and rural populations of India.
Features and Benefits of Oriental Car Insurance Plans
Here are a few reasons Oriental Car Insurance is the right choice for you:
- Oriental Car Insurance offers customized protection plans for one year or shorter according to the customer’s convenience.
- The online portal of Oriental Car Insurance offers hassle-free services like the online purchase of various plans, renewal of plans, or migration for car insurance plans.
- Oriental Car Insurance offers several discounts like a discount on the anti-theft device on the premium towards the insurance plan.
- The insurance provides all-around protection, from natural disasters to personal accidents.
- You can avail of important extension covers at a reasonable additional premium amount.
- The private car insurance plan covers a maximum of 2 lakh to the owner of the vehicle in the event of death or bodily injury.
- They offer 24X7 customer support to keep you informed.
- You can claim assistance through email, call, and SMS services.
Coverage of Oriental Car Insurance Plans
Have a look at what your insurance policy covers:
|Natural calamities like earthquake, flood, storm, landslide or rockslide, inundation, fire, lightning, explosion, and self-ignition, etc.|
Personal accident cover
|Loss of when the driver/owner of the car meets with an accident when traveling in the car is covered|
|This policy covers legal liability that arises because of an accident, death, permanent damage, injury, property damage to the third party by the insured vehicle.|
Add-on Coverage Of Oriental Car Insurance
Add-ons are the additional benefits that you can enjoy other than the regular coverage. You can select an ‘add-on’ scheme that suits you best. Some of the schemes might require an additional charge.
Free Benefit of Emergency Services through TVS
This add-on feature is designed to provide you free emergency service if your Oriental Car Insurance insured vehicle breaks down. It is applicable in the states of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi NCR, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Southern states.
Nil Depreciation Cover
Under the comprehensive policy, this add-on covers the complete value of the damaged part and its cost of repairing without any depreciation cost.
Alternative Car Benefits
If your vehicle is stolen or damaged beyond 20% of the insured declared value, an alternative vehicle will be provided to you for 5-15 days with a minimal Rs 400-600 per day charge.
Loss of Personal Belongings
It covers loss of personal belongings (except money, credit card, gadgets, mobile) up to Rs 5000- Rs 10,000 as per the chosen policy. This feature costs extra.
Documents Required To Buy Oriental Car Insurance Policy
The only documents you need to complete the application process for car insurance are listed below.
- Vehicle Manufacturer, model name, model number, vehicle registration number
- Date of registration, date of purchase, state of purchase.
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Bank details
- Insurance form
- Address proof (government-issued ID Proof)
- Recent passport size photo
How To Apply For Oriental Car Insurance?
You can apply for insurance with Oriental Car Insurance in no time with these simple steps.
Apply Via ProBus Website
Step 1 – Log onto our official website and click on car insurance
Step 2 – Enter your basic details like your city, car, manufacturer, model, variant, year of registration, previous insurer, and policy expiry.
Step 3 – Fill in a few more details for a precise quote like manufacture month and year, purchase date, customer type, license validity, etc.
Step 4 – You’ll see a list of various insurance providers. You can compare various plans and choose the one that’s best for you.
Step 5 – You can make online payments through several convenient methods.
Step 6 – Soon, you’ll have the policy in your inbox.
Apply On Oriental Insurance Official Website
Step 1 – Visit the official website of Oriental Insurance and click on Customer Service.
Step 2 – Select the “Get Quote” option
Step 3 – Select details like vehicle type, type of policy you need, date of registration, RTO zone, and State of purchase.
Step 4 – Again, you need to click on “Get Quote”.
Step 5 – All the details will be displayed on your screen. Click continue to complete the payment.
Step 6- Once the payment is made, the policy details will be mailed to your email address.
How to Renew Car Insurance with Oriental Insurance?
You must renew your Insurance policy before it lapses. Follow these simple steps to renew your policy.
Renewal Via The ProBus Website
Step 1 – Login to our website and click on renewal.
Step 2 – Select the type of insurance. (Motor Insurance Renewal)
Step 3 – Select the insurer
Step 4 – You’ll be taken to the respective website. Enter your basic details there like, the existing policy number and registration number.
Step 5 – The policy details and the Premium Calculated will be shown on the screen.
Step 6 – Review all the details and make any change if required.
Step 7 – Make an online payment, and you’ll have your policy in no time.
Renew Via Oriental Insurance Official Website
Step 1 – Visit the oriental Insurance official website and click on the ‘Renew’ tab.
Step 2 – Type policy number and select the ‘Renew Now’ option
Step 3 – The policy details will be detailed on the screen. Review and verify the details.
Step 4 – The premium calculation will be displayed for you to verify.
Step 5 – Review all the details before proceeding to the payment option.
Step 6 – Once reviewed, make an online payment, and you’ll have your policy mailed to you.
How To Claim Under Oriental Car Insurance Policy?
You can claim your insurance the instant it goes live and valid. Oriental Insurance offers claims in the below-mentioned way.
- Immediate notice should be sent to Oriental Insurance Office in writing and a phone call upon the accident or damage
- Login to your Oriental Insurance website and register your claim
- Fill in the claim form that is displayed on the screen
- Collect all the required documents related to the insured vehicle
- After verification, the insurance company will initiate the claim procedure.
Documents You Need to File A Car Insurance Claim with Oriental Insurance
To file a claim, keep these documents handy:
- Duly filled claim form
- Insured vehicle details like make and year, chassis and engine number, registration no, policy number, premium receipt
- Details of the driver at the time of the accident
- Driving license number
- Date, time, place of accident
- Speed and kilometers reading at the time of the accident
- Description of how the accident occurred
- Details of the thirty party is responsible for the accident (name and address contact no)
- Vehicle inspection address
- Estimation cost of repairs
- Full details of the damage.
- Copy of FIR if there’s a police report, or it’s a theft.
- Police investigation report
- Photograph of damaged property/video of the loss.
There are certain exclusions on the car insurance policies offered by Oriental Insurance Company. A few exclusions are listed below.
- Damage caused by the driver under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Damage caused by a driver without a valid driving license
- Damage caused by mutiny, nuclear risks, or wars
- Expenses on damage if the insured vehicle is used for speed testing, reliability testing, goods carriage, organizing race, etc.
- Expenses on damages caused to the insured vehicle outside India
- Loss or damaged bonds or business-related documents.
- Expenses on damages or losses because of theft from the insured vehicle.
Steps To Calculate Car Insurance Premium Online
Oriental Car Insurance has a simple method to derive the value of its premium. It follows the same method in all its car insurance plans. There are many factors that determine the amount of car insurance premium.
- IDV of the vehicle
- Zone of registration
- Cubic capacity of the vehicle
- Age of vehicle
The customer can also opt for additional coverage as per their requirement. Additional premiums have to be paid for such covers.
- CNG/LPG fuel
- Extra Benefits
- Electrical and electronic items
- Add-on Cover
Calculator on the Oriental Insurance Website
For an exact calculation, you can log into the official website and follow steps similar to the renewal of policy to arrive at the premium.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to download the policy documents?
Ans: Policy documents can be downloaded from the official website of Oriental Insurance. Usually during the policy procurement policy download link will be mailed to the registered email ID.
2. What type of Car Insurance Policy are available with Oriental Insurance?
Ans: Oriental Car Insurance Policy covers bundled cover policy, liability only policy, standalone-od private car policy
3. Can Insurance Policy be transferable to a New Buyer?
Ans: Yes, the car insurance policy is transferable with some nominal fee.