The Haryana State RTO functions as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 as a part of the Government of Haryana Transport Department, headed by The Commissioner of Transport, Haryana. It is accountable for executing the regulations formulated in the above act to construct a flawless transport set-up for the ease of the populace of the state inclusive of driving licenses, vehicle registration, and simple free movement of merchandise. The Haryana State RTO has become web-based to offer improved, quicker, and more practical services.
Functions Of Haryana RTO
- Issue of driving license – Conducts qualifying driving tests for the issue and renewal of learner’s, permanent, and international driving licenses. It also deals with granting licenses to conductors and authorization to motor driving schools.
- Vehicle registration – Deals with temporary and permanent registration of motor vehicles, issues permits for commercial vehicles, transfer of vehicle ownership, granting NOC and fitness certificates for vehicles.
- Taxes, fees, and penalties – The RTO collects a variety of taxes, fees, and penalties such as a penalty for departmental action cases, Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificates, registration of vehicles, fees for issuing licenses, motor vehicle tax for all vehicles, one-time road tax, etc.
- Inspection of the vehicle at check posts – To ensure that all vehicles plying on the roads follow the regulations set by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, the RTO conducts inspection at set checkpoints around the state.
- Environment preservation measures – Through PUC testing centers and permits and support for CNG or LPG adaptation and frequent road safety exercises.
- Upgrading the services – The Haryana State RTO now offers an online platform to make its services better, faster, and more practical.
Process To Register A Vehicle With Haryana RTO
For registration, an application on the prescribed form must be submitted to the RTO. The application must be accompanied by:
- Vehicle for examination
- Sales confirmation, and temporary registration certificate from dealer
- Original invoice
- PUC and road tax certificates
- Copy of the vehicle insurance policy
- Photo ID and address proof (PAN and Aadhar card)
After verification, the vehicle registration number will be allotted within seven days.
Transfer Of Vehicle Ownership In Haryana
- Transfer of the ownership must be completed within 14 days of the sale
- The applicant must approach the RTO with a duly filled application form and necessary documents
- The original imprint of chassis number, a copy of the vehicle Insurance, ID proof and photographs of the seller and buyer, and the latest PUC certificate, and a NOC for the vehicle to be transferred.
- The application can be done online on the Parivahan portal.
RTO Codes For Vehicles In Haryana
|Ambala (private vehicles)||HR-01|
|Jagadhari (private vehicles)||HR-02|
|Gurgaon (North) (private vehicles)||HR-26|
|Ambala (commercial vehicles only)||HR-37|
|Faridabad (commercial vehicles only)||HR-38|
|Hisar (commercial vehicles only)||HR-39|
|Karnal (commercial vehicles only)||HR-45|
|Rohtak (commercial vehicles only)||HR-46|
|Rewari (commercial vehicles only)||HR-47|
|Ambala – Barara||HR-54|
|Gurgaon (commercial vehicles only)||HR-55|
|Jind (commercial vehicles only)||HR-56|
|Sirsa (commercial vehicles only)||HR-57|
|Jagadhari, Yamuna Nagar (commercial vehicles only)||HR-58|
|Bhiwani (commercial vehicles only)||HR-61|
|Fatehabad (commercial vehicles only)||HR-62|
|Jhajjar (commercial vehicles only)||HR-63|
|Kaithal (commercial vehicles only)||HR-64|
|Kurukshetra (commercial vehicles only)||HR-65|
|Narnaul (commercial vehicles only)||HR-66|
|Panipat (commercial vehicles only)||HR-67|
|Panchkula (commercial vehicles only)||HR-68|
|Sonipat (commercial vehicles only)||HR-69|
|Transport Commissioner in Chandigarh.||HR-70|
|Gurgaon (South) (private vehicles)||HR-72|
|Ambala South CANTT||HR-85|
|Badkhal (Faridabad South)||HR-87|
|(Temporary numbers for new vehicles)||HR-99|
Motor Insurance Plans For Your Vehicles In Haryana
Under The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 it is a must for every vehicle owner to possess vehicle insurance. The minimum need for insurance is a third-party liability-only insurance policy that offers protection against damages to third-party properties or individuals. If you’re looking for better coverage, you can opt for a comprehensive insurance policy that gives you enhanced protection, along with add-ons of your choice. You can easily purchase both policies online, within a few clicks.
Contact Details Of Haryana State RTO
Phone number: 0172-2700029
Website: https://haryanatransport.gov.in / stcharyana@hry,nic.in
Timings: Monday to Friday- 10 am to 5 pm
Address Of Transport Commissioner, Haryana
30 Bays Building, 2nd Floor, Sector 17C.
Chandigarh – 160017
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about driving licence in RTO Haryana.
1. When can I get a permanent driver’s license in Haryana?
2. How can I get an advance number for my Haryana number plate?
If the particular registration number falls within 1000 numbers for the current series at the RTO you can give an application to the regional transport officer together with the copy of the original invoice of the vehicle and the necessary fees for the process.
3. What safeguards should you follow when you get your learner’s license in Haryana?
You will need to display a large red letter “L” symbol on the windshields of your car. It should be visible from a distance. You must also familiarize yourself with road signs and your car’s mechanism.
4. Please suggest driver training institutes in Haryana which help in acquiring a driving license.
The Government of Haryana has established a number of training institutes that are available at your district RTO.