Andhra Pradesh RTO
The Andhra Pradesh Regional Transport Office is directed by the Transport Commissioner and comes within the purview of the Transport Department of Andhra Pradesh. The functioning of the RTO of Andhra Pradesh is in accordance with the conditions stated in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The AP RTO is responsible for the management of vehicle registration, granting permits and driving licenses, issue of vehicle fitness and PUC certificates, formulating traffic rules and ensuring road safety regulations.
Functions Of RTO Andhra Pradesh
- Driving License – Granting and renewal of learner, permanent or international licenses.
- Vehicle Registration – Provision of temporary and permanent registration of the vehicle. And also, the renewal, replacement or possession transfer of registration certificate and issue of NOC and fitness certificate of registered vehicles.
- Vehicle Permits: – Issuance of permits to commercial vehicles such as cabs, school buses, goods carriers, three-wheelers, etc.
- Collection of Taxes – The RTO collects taxes such as the one-time road tax, motor vehicle tax for both personal and commercial vehicles, IMV fees, and penalty for departmental action cases.
- Fee Collection – The collection of fees for a variety of services such as licenses, PUC, vehicle registration, etc.
- Examination of Vehicles at Check Posts – The RTO conducts scrutiny of vehicles on the road to ensure that they comply with the conditions decided by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Environment Protection – Meeting PUC and CNG/LPG alteration parameters under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Upgrading – Regional Transport Offices offer fully computerized services of licenses, registrations, permits, etc.
Vehicle Registration And Supporting Documents With Andhra Pradesh RTO
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 no individual can drive their vehicle without registering it with the RTO.
When you submit the following documents within 7 days of buying the vehicle, the vehicle also should be present for an inspection.
- Properly filled Form 20 with passport size photograph
- Sale certificate, original invoice, or temporary registration from dealer
- Genuine insurance documents
- KYC documents (PAN and Aadhar card)
- PUC certificate
- Relevant fee and road tax receipts
On authentication of the documents, the vehicle registration number is issued within a week.
Vehicle Ownership Transfer In Andhra Pradesh
A vehicle may be sold but the authentic transfer of the ownership must be completed in the name of the new owner within 14 days of the sale.
- The district RTO must be informed with an application for transfer of ownership (by inheritance or otherwise).
- The vehicle registration certificate will need to be submitted together with the necessary forms available at the RTO, original imprint of chassis number, a copy of the vehicle Insurance, ID proof and photographs of the seller and buyer, and the latest PUC certificate
- An NOC if the vehicle has to be transferred to a new RTO
Andhra Pradesh RTO Codes
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Adilabad – Mancherial, Nirmal||AP-01||Kurnool – Adoni, and Nandyal||AP-21|
|Anantapur – Hindupur||AP-02||Mahbubnagar – Pebbair, and Gadwal||AP-22|
|Chittoor – Tirupati, Madanapalle||AP-03||Medak – Sangareddy, Siddipet, and Patancheru||AP-23|
|Kadapa – Proddatur||AP-04||Nalgonda – Suryapet, Miryalaguda, Bhongir, and Bibinagar||AP-24|
|Kakinada, Amalapuram, and Rajahmundry||AP-05||Nizamabad – Kamareddy||AP-25|
|Guntur – Piduguralla, Narasaraopet, and Repalle||AP-07||Nellore – Kavali, Gudur, Sullurpeta, and Naidupet||AP-26|
|Hyderabad Central (Khairtabad)||AP-09||Ongole – Chirala, and Markapur||AP-27|
|Hyderabad North (Secunderabad)||AP-10||Attapur, Kukatpally, and Medchal||AP-28|
|Hyderabad East (Malakpet)||AP-11||Uppal Kalan, and Ibrahimpatnam||AP-29|
|Hyderabad South (Kisanbagh)||AP-12||Srikakulam -Tekkali, Palasa, Sompeta, Ichchapuram, and Kaviti||AP-30|
|Hyderabad West (Mehdipatnam)||AP-13||Visakhapatnam – Gajuwaka, and Anakapalli||AP-31|
|Karimnagar – Jagtial, and Peddapalli||AP-15||Vizianagaram||AP-35|
|Vijayawada, Gudivad, Machilipatnam, Nandigama, and Nuzvid||AP-16||Warangal – Jangaon, Mahabubabad||AP-36|
|Khammam – Kothagudem, Sathupally, and Yellandu||AP-20||Eluru, Jangareddygudem, Kovvur, Tadepalligudem, Tanuku, Bhimavaram, Palakollu, and Chintalapudi||AP-37|
Contact Details of Andhra Pradesh RTO
Email – email@example.com
Website – https://aptransport.org
Phone number – 8922-273366 – Vizianagaram (RTO)
How To Get Motor Insurance In Andhra Pradesh?
Under The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 it is obligatory for every vehicle owner to buy a third-party liability-only insurance policy that covers damage to third party persons or property. But if you’re looking for all-round coverage, you can select a comprehensive insurance plan that covers third party as well as own damages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your driving license is legal for 20 years from the date when it is issued or until you reach the age of 50 years. Thereafter you have to renew your license every 5 years.
20 multiple choice questions (30 seconds each) of which you need to answer 16 correctly to pass the test.