Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance
One should buy car insurance in India to ensure he/she does not face a financial loss in case of an unfortunate circumstance such as a car accident, natural calamity, etc. Also, buying car insurance in India is compulsory. Failing to do so will amount to penalties. Going by the number of vehicles on the road and the rate of accidents, it is imperative to make the right choice when it comes to purchasing car insurance coverage. When it comes to top customer-friendly car insurance, Bajaj Allianz is an important mention as its policies offer numerous benefits to its customers.
Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance policy offers cover from any third-party liability, damage from a mishap, natural or man-made calamity, etc. Having this comprehensive insurance provides extensive coverage. It gives the added advantage of third-party liability coverage. The policyholder can easily customize the plan as per their needs. There are options to choose from an array of add-on riders. A comprehensive car insurance plan from Bajaj Allianz gives all-around protection to the car and ensures protection from any unforeseen circumstances.
What are the benefits of Comprehensive Car Insurance for Bajaj Allianz?
If anyone buys a comprehensive car policy from this insurer, then he/she can avail of the following benefits.
Cover for Third-party Liability:
Under this plan, the policyholder can easily file for a claim in case any damage is incurred by a third person. Or the damage to the property caused by the car insured. It also offers a cover against any legal liability that may arise due to any such mishap.
Personal Accident Cover:
The company also offers a personal accident cover of Rs. 15 lakhs. It takes care of all the hospitalization costs that may arise due to any untoward accident.
Own Damage Cover:
The insurer offers a cover against the loss/damage to the insured car due to fire, burglary, riot, strike, flood, typhoon, etc. The overall expenses of repairing the car can put you in financial distress, so opt for the best comprehensive car insurance policy.
Damage Due To Natural Calamity:
This plan offers a cover to the car against naturally occurring calamities, such as fire, earthquake, typhoon, flood, cyclone, etc.
Add-on Covers Available With Comprehensive Car Insurance of Bajaj
To strengthen the comprehensive car insurance policy, an insured person can opt for different add-on cover(s) by paying a little extra premium value. This helps to provide greater protection and safety to the car. Bajaj Allianz offers the following add-on covers.
Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover:
It is also known as Nil Depreciation and Bumper-to-Bumper cover, is a popular car insurance add-on cover that helps to shift the liability of bearing the depreciation of the car and its parts from the insured person to the insurance company against a nominal premium. Sometimes, even a single claim helps the policyholder to recover the entire zero depreciation cover’s premium amount. It covers all parts of the insured car at 100% except tires, tubes, and batteries, which are covered at 50%. Generally, insurers allow 2 zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure. However, there are some insurers who allow the policyholder to make an unlimited number of zero depreciation claims during the tenure of the car insurance policy.
Roadside Assistance Cover:
Some insurers call this cover an ‘Anywhere Assist’ cover. It promises round-the-clock services such as emergency services, towing, refueling, resolving technical issues, change of flat tires, etc. The insurer sends the concerned person to the site of the accident/ breakdown and ensures that the car is taken care of. It is a service that can be availed all year round and at any time of the day. The premium involved is very low and affordable. It will ensure prompt service, though the charges incurred will have to be paid by the policyholder.
The consumables items list, in the case of a car, includes brake oil, engine oil, lubricants, refrigerant for AC, ball bearings, nuts, screws, bolts, and washers, among many others, which are not covered by a standard comprehensive car insurance policy. By attaching the consumables cover add-on with the base policy, one can get coverage for replacing the parts or items that get damaged due to regular wear and tear. These items are constantly consumed by the car and become unfit for further use after a specific period.
The engine is the most important and expensive part of a car. There may be chances that a standard car insurance policy may not cover damages to the engine. In case of a mishap, repairing the engine may be an expensive deal. Having the engine protector add-on is an apt solution as it covers costs that may be incurred due to oil leakage, water ingression, etc.
Key and Lock Replacement:
This add-on enables the reduction of the costs that may be incurred in case the keys are lost or misplaced. The insurer takes care of the complete buying and replacing of the car’s lock and keys.
Having this add-on secures the personal belongings and also offers cover for the incurred loss because of any damage or theft/burglary from the insured car.
When the car is being repaired in a garage and once the insurer accepts the claim, this add-on ensures that you are paid for the everyday commute.
General Exclusions of Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
To know a car insurance policy comprehensively and to avoid future complications, it is important to understand its exclusions. Here some of the key exclusions of the Comprehensive Motor Policy of Bajaj Allianz are as follows.
- Driving a car without a valid or permanent Driving Licence is not covered under this policy.
- If the car suffers general mechanical or electrical breakdowns, the expenses have to be borne by the insured person.
- If the car meets an accident while the driver is driving the insured vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substances, the insurance company will not take any liability for that.
- If the losses or damages are caused outside the specified area, as stated in the policy, the insurance company will not offer any compensation for that.
- General wear and tear of motor parts of the insured vehicle will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the policyholder unless the policyholder has not purchased any add-on cover related to it.
- If the car is used for any adventurous sports or used in any event for which it does not have any permission, the insurance company will not bear any responsibility for that.
- If the car does not have a proper and valid registration certificate, then the insurer will not provide any coverage.
- If there is any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt, and if it is proved, that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
Buying Process of Comprehensive Car Insurance from Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz offers this comprehensive car policy online. To avail of the online buying facility, follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
- On the homepage, select the car tab.
- Enter your name, the registration number of your car, and your mobile number.
- Click on the ‘Get Quote’ option.
- Provide other details, if necessary.
- On the basis of the given data, the website will display the premium amount for the policy.
- Check the details twice. If satisfied, pay the premium amount by clicking on the ‘Buy Now’ option.
Claim process of Comprehensive Car Insurance plan of Bajaj Allianz
There are multiple claim procedures available under this insurer. Here are the mentions of those with a detailed step-by-step guide.
Cashless Insurance Claim:
With the cashless claim facility, the insured need not pay anything from pocket in case of any damage. The insurance company will directly settle the bills at the network garage or workshop. The recovery process will happen exactly the way mentioned in the vehicle insurance policy. Follow the steps below to avail the benefit of cashless car insurance claims:
- Inform the insurance company as soon as possible. You may also visit the insurer’s website or register the cashless claim through the mobile app.
- On successful registration, a claim registration number will be received.
- Take the damaged car to the nearest network garage to start the repair process. To avail of the cashless benefit, the car needs to be moved to a network garage
- The required documents need to be submitted to the surveyor.
- Once the survey is completed, the insurer confirms the liability.
Reimbursement Insurance Claim:
Under it, the insured initially will have to spend from their pocket for the incurred damages. After the verification of the documents, bills, and understanding of the coverage, the insurance company reimburses the expenses. Listed below are the steps for a successful reimbursement of a motor insurance claim:
- Get in touch with the insurance company or visit the insurer’s website. You may also register the reimbursement claim through the mobile app.
- Upon successful registration, a claim registration number will be shared.
- Move the damaged car to the nearest garage to start the repair process. In such a case, it is no mandate to take the car to a network garage.
- The documents need to be submitted to the surveyor.
- Once the survey is duly completed, the insurer confirms the liability and the reimbursement process begins
Car Insurance OTS Claims:
OTS is the acronym for On-the-Spot feature, it permits you to make claims instantly from the spot. With the OTS feature, one claims up to Rs. 30,000 and receives the amount in 20 minutes or less. To avail of the benefit of Motor OTS Claim:
- Download the Caringly Yours mobile app and sign in with all the required details.
- Click pictures of the damaged car and upload them on the app.
- The images are verified. Once this is done, the amount will be transferred to the bank account.
What is The Renewal Process of the Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plan?
One can renew this policy very easily by following the below steps.
- Go to the official website of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company.
- At the top of the homepage, there will be the ‘Renew’ option.
- Select that, and choose the car insurance option.
- On the landing page, enter the existing policy number and the registration number of the car.
- Click on the ‘View Premium Details’ option.
- Check all the details carefully, and if no discrepancy is not found, pay the renewal amount online.
Frequently Asked Questions
The table below shows the compensation as per the below scale for any bodily injury or demise sustained by the insured owner-driver of the vehicle.
|Nature of Injury||Compensation scale|
|Loss of one limb or sight of one eye||50% of the sum insured|
|Loss of two limbs or sight of both the eyes or one limb and sight of one eye||100% of the sum insured|
|Permanent total disablement from injuries||100% of the sum insured|
|Death||100% of the sum insured|
The company has connections to more than 6500 network garages spread all over the country.
It depends on how old the car is, its usage of it, and how long one plans to use it. If the car is under 15 years old and is used regularly, consider investing in a comprehensive plan. Opting for a comprehensive plan is a better idea for maximum security throughout.