No Inspection. No Paper Work
* Subject To Underwriting
Car Insurance Plans
KIA Car Insurance
With its headquarters in Seoul, South Korea, Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) is one of the oldest multinational automobile manufacturers in the world. Kia entered the Indian market in early 2019. They have factories in Andhra Pradesh and Penukonda. Kia’s affordable but high-quality cars have proved to be a great success in the Indian market and have continued to make steady progress since its launch. With style, attractive looks, power-packed performance, and excellent driving comfort, a Kia vehicle is a pleasure to own. Undoubtedly, KIA cars are strong enough to offer smooth driving, but it is immune to the road risks that it is exposed to. More than that, a car owner in India needs to have a third party liability only policy according to the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1968.
Therefore, after buying a KIA car, the next important thing is to buy a car insurance policy to provide the car, driver, and passengers comprehensive protection from all the potential risks. So, here are all the details regarding the KIA Car Insurance that one needs to know.
Kia Car Insurance Premium Price
Premium value for a car insurance policy depends on various factors such as the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car, registration area, condition of the car, fuel type, variant of the car, etc. On the basis of such factors, the estimated Kia Car Insurance premium rates for the top Kia Cars have been calculated in the following table.
|Kia Car Models (2019 Registration)||KIA model variant||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero depreciation cover (Add-on cover)||KIA insurance price|
|KIA Seltos||GTX PLUS AT 1.5||Rs. 11,49,400||Rs. 13,873||Rs. 13,873|
|KIA Carnival||PREMIUM 7 STR||Rs. 15,71,850||Rs. 16,221||Rs. 26,359|
|KIA Sonet||1.5 GTX Plus AT||Rs. 10,52,000||Rs. 8060||Rs. 11,083|
|KIA Carens||Luxury 1.4 Petrol 7 STR (1353 cc)||Rs. 14,24,050||Rs. 6408||Rs. 19,175|
Benefits and Key Highlights of KIA Car Insurance
Motor insurance for the Kia vehicle is of utmost importance since it acts as a shield against possible losses or damages to the third party as well as the insured vehicle. Below are the main benefits of an insurance policy for KIA cars.
- It offers cover for the loss incurred due to the theft of the car.
- It covers the damages and losses caused to the car due to natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.
- It protects the car from the damages sustained by the car owing to man-made calamities such as riots, strikes, and terrorist attacks.
- It offers protection to the car from damages to the car resulting from fire, including self-ignition, lightning, explosions, etc.
- Damages sustained by the car in transit through airways, waterways, railways, or roadways are also covered under the policy.
- Third-party liability cover, encompassing damage to third-party property and injuries to third-party persons, including death, comes as an in-built benefit under the policy.
- A Personal Accident Cover of Rs. 15 lakhs for the Owner-Driver can also be bought with this policy.
- In case of theft or total loss to the insured KIA vehicle, one can get the sum insured amount.
Different Add-on Covers Available With KIA Car Insurance
To make the car insurance policy stronger, an insured person can purchase add-on cover(s) by paying a little extra premium amount. There are several additional covers available with the KIA Car Insurance policy. Among them, the important ones are as follows.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
This add-on cover in a comprehensive car insurance policy ensures that the insurer covers the depreciation amount on the assessed parts as per the policy document. The benefits under the add-on can be utilized up to a maximum specified number of times during the policy period. Without this cover, all insurers account for depreciation on the car’s parts and settle the claim after making the necessary deductions on account of depreciation. Having the add-on cover will ensure that there are no deductions for the depreciation of parts.
Return To Invoice Cover:
With this add-on cover, the policyholder can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover is also known as Invoice Protection Cover. It helps the policyholder receive a claim amount equivalent to the cost of the car mentioned in its invoice. With this car insurance add-on cover clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance plan, the policyholder can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of the car in the case of total loss.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Cover:
It is a reward provided by the insurance company to policyholders for raising no claim in a policy year. This bonus accumulates with every claim-free year and ranges between 20% and 50%. The accrued percentage of the benefit earned as NCB gives a discount on the next year’s premium. However, if a single claim is made between a policy year or the car insurance plan gets lapsed, this bonus will become null and void.
Roadside Assistance Cover:
Some insurers call this cover an ‘Anywhere Assist’ cover. It promises round-the-clock services such as emergency services, towing, refuelling, resolving technical issues, change of flat tires, etc. The insurer sends the concerned person to the site of the accident/ breakdown and ensures that the car is taken care of. It is a service that can be availed all year round and at any time of the day. The premium involved is very low and affordable. It will ensure prompt service, though the charges incurred will have to be paid by the policyholder.
Though car accessories improve the appearance of the car and give comfort to passengers, many people fail to understand that it comes with a cost of maintenance as well, which is not provided by a standard car insurance plan. Accessories Add-on in car insurance provides financial coverage for the accessories like stereo system, reverse camera, LCD TV, etc. of the car in case of mishap or accident. If the policyholder is passionate about enhancing the car, then it would be smart to protect those high-end accessories by paying an extra premium to the car insurance company.
Engine Protection Cover:
Engine Protect cover is a car insurance add-on that is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps the policyholder get compensation for the damages incurred by his/her car’s engine. This additional cover not only offers financial support but also ensures the long life of the car, and one can get cover for the costliest part of the car.
What Are The Exclusions of KIA Car Insurance?
A KIA Car Insurance Policy has come up with a sack full of benefits, but at the same time, it has a few exclusions as well, for which it does not provide any coverage. To understand a policy comprehensively and avoid future complications, it is important to thoroughly review the exclusions. Therefore, the general exclusions of this policy are as follows.
- Driving a KIA car without a valid or permanent Driving Licence is not covered under this policy.
- If the car suffers general mechanical or electrical breakdowns, the insured must bear the expenses.
- If the car meets an accident while the driver is driving the insured vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substances, the insurance company will not take any liability for that.
- If the losses or damages are caused outside the specified area stated in the policy, the insurance company will not offer any compensation.
- General wear and tear of motor parts of the insured vehicle will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the policyholder unless the policyholder has not purchased any add-on cover related to it.
- If the car is used for any adventurous sports or used in any event for which it does not have any permission, the insurance company will not bear any responsibility for that.
- If the KIA car does not have a proper and valid registration certificate, the insurer will also not provide any coverage.
- If there is any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt, and if it is proved, that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
How To Buy KIA Car Insurance Policy Online?
One can easily buy KIA Car Insurance with the help of Probus Insurance. For that, the following steps are to be followed carefully.
- Scroll up, or else, go to the homepage page of Probus Insurance.
- At the top of the page, there will be the Car Insurance tab. Click on that.
- On the landing page, one needs to provide a few pieces of information, such as the registration number of his/her car in the right place, and then click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Probus Insurance will calculate the quotes from the different car insurance companies for your KIA car.
- It will be displayed on the screen. Here, one needs to put some details related to his/her requirements. On the basis of that, the final quotes will be shown.
- Check the details. If satisfied, one can buy the policy from there by clicking on the insurer.
- If any further information is required, put them as instructed. After that, pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save it for future reference.
What is the renewal process of KIA Car Insurance Policy?
If car insurance is not renewed on time, the insured person cannot avail of the benefits and facilities of the plan. Therefore, renewing a policy is pivotal to keeping the policy active. With Probus Insurance, this renewal can be done with a few clicks if the below steps are followed religiously.
- Scroll up to the top of the page of Probus Insurance or go to the homepage of the company’s official website.
- At the top of the page, there will be Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear. Among them, select the Motor Renewal option.
- Then, select the insurer with which you have your KIA Car Insurance policy.
- You will be directed to the official website of the insurer. After that, provide the required information, such as the car’s registration number, policy number, etc.
- Provide the other details, if necessary.
- While putting in the credential, be careful because a single piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire process.
- On the basis of the given details, the website will calculate the renewal amount.
- Check the details carefully. If no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification regarding the same will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Save the receipt. Or else, take a printout of it for better convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about on KIA car insurance
There are, broadly speaking, two types of car insurance policies available in India – Comprehensive and third party liability only plans. A comprehensive car insurance policy offers overall protection from all the potential risks such as accidents, theft, burglary, natural calamities, etc. including third party liability benefits. On the other hand, a third party liability only policy only offers protection against the damages done to the third party and his/her belongings.
Yes, you can buy a third-party car insurance policy and an own-damage car insurance plan from different insurance companies to insure your KIA car.
When the car insurance policy has lapsed or expired, then the insurance provider will send a surveyor to inspect and assess your vehicle for any possible damages after the policy expired as they will not be covered. It is important to renew the policy with its due date to avoid penalties and avoid financial burden in case of an accident to the insured vehicle.
Here are the ways through which you can easily lower your KIA car insurance premium cost.
- Install Anti-Theft Devices – Opting for Automotive Research Association of India authorized anti-theft devices for your KIA can provide an additional reward on your insurance price.
- Compare Insurance Quotes – You can enjoy a lower KIA car insurance price as well as get sufficient coverage by comparing quotes online.
- Cover Inexpensive Claims – Too many claims can lead to an increase in your insurance premium. You can try to cover inexpensive repair expenses to lower your policy claims. However, we do not recommend covering high claim amounts.
- Make the Most with NCB – Earn a No Claim Bonus on your KIA car insurance renewal premium by maintaining a claim-free year throughout the policy tenure.
- Avoid middlemen – Insurance costs are lower when opted through digital insurance companies. This is because they have removed the aspect of middlemen or insurance agents, which has reduced operation costs, which is passed on to the customer.
The total loss of a car happens when it gets extremely damaged. Such a car cannot be repaired or the cost of repairs is more than its actual price.
Here is a list of documents required to renew a KIA car insurance online:
- Previous Year Policy Number
- Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
- Vehicle Registration Number
The cost of car insurance or the premium depends on the model, variant, year of manufacture, vehicle location, fuel type, etc. Hence, the variant or the cost of the vehicle determines the car insurance premium for KIA cars. However, one can also reduce the premium amount for the KIA car using the afore-said tips.
You must try to make a claim request for damages or losses incurred by your KIA car in an accident or a mishap within 7 days of the incident. However, this tenure may vary from insurer to insurer, hence, you should make a claim in accordance with your policy document wording.
As NCB is given to the insured person, not to the car, therefore, you can transfer your No Claim Bonus to your new KIA.