Bajaj Allianz Third Party Car Insurance
Third-party car insurance safeguards the policyholder against an unforeseen event and prevents the situation of financial disability. According to the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for a car owner to have valid third-party car insurance in India.
The third-party car insurance offered by Bajaj Allianz is specifically designed to provide coverage against any liabilities occurring due to damages, bodily injuries, or accidental death of the third party. These costs might create a financial hole in a person’s savings and cause them to become unbalanced. As a result, it is always preferable to be prepared before an issue arises by opting for this plan.
Why Do You Need Bajaj Allianz Third Party Car Insurance?
Bajaj Allianz third-party car insurance offers a range of benefits to the policyholder. Here are the top reasons why you should go for this plan:
- Budget-Friendly Coverage: The third-party car insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz provides coverage to the policyholder at a minimal price range. The insurance premiums for the plan are fairly inexpensive mainly due to the nature of protection offered by the plan.
- Safety Against Unexpected Expenses: The plan protects you from unexpected costs. Compensation costs for injuries or death caused by a third party can be substantial, and they can swiftly empty your savings like sand passing through your fingers. By opting for Bajaj Allianz third-party car insurance, you can remain safe from such unexpected expenses.
- Peace Of Mind: Bajaj Allianz third-party car insurance plan give policyholders much-needed peace of mind in the event of a financial crisis. In times of financial stress, the insurance company compensates the policyholder, which aids them in coping with the unplanned incident and keeps them from becoming worried.
- Legal Coverage: The third-party car insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz protects the policyholder from legal responsibilities incurred as a result of the death or disability of a third party. Hence, the plan also provides legal coverage to the policyholder.
Key Features Of Bajaj Allianz Third Party Car Insurance
Some of the prominent features of third-party car insurance from Bajaj Allianz are as follows:
- Zero Accountability: The plan offers zero accountability in case of accidental harm, injury, or demise of any third party. In simpler terms, there will be no responsibility of the third party if any mishap happens.
- Personal Accident Cover: The plan also provides personal accident cover to the policyholder that protects owner-drivers from accident-related injuries and provides financial security to their loved ones in the event of an accident-related death.
- No Add-Ons: A policyholder who has Bajaj Allianz third-party car insurance plan cannot choose add-on covers because this insurance plan only provides restricted coverage.
- Hassle-Free Claim Process: The claim process of Bajaj Allianz third-party car insurance is quite simple, fast, and effective. According to the terms and conditions of the tribunal, the insurance company will then compensate the amount to the victim.
What's Included & Excluded Under Bajaj Allianz Third Party Car Insurance?
The following things are included under the plan:
- Accidental injury to or death of a third party
- Accidental damage to third party property
The plan does not cover the following expenses:
- Your car or belongings if stolen or destroyed
- Any damages suffered by your car or belongings in case of an accident
Frequently Asked Questions
No, a third-party car insurance coverage does not qualify for a No Claim Bonus (NCB).
Third-party car coverage is available from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for a minimum of one year. At the end of the period, policyholders must renew their policies.
In an accident, anything can happen. You could either get away with a dent in your car or you and a third party could both be seriously harmed. Every car owner must have third-party car insurance like that of Bajaj Allianz to protect themselves from potential legal liability as well as the financial costs of compensating the third party.
Yes, you certainly can. To learn more about the process, you can call the customer care number of the company.