RTO Ahmedabad (GJ)
To enforce the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, related legislation, and rules made thereunder, the Ahmedabad RTO was established under section 213 (1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The department is also responsible for all of Gujarat’s transportation-related policy-making, coordination, implementation, monitoring, and regulatory duties. Every city, including Ahmedabad, has an RTO that operates following the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988’s regulations. The Ahmedabad RTO is in charge of collecting taxes, issuing permits, implementing road safety measures, controlling pollution, and more, in addition to issuing driving licenses and providing car registration services.
Continue reading to learn more about the RTO in Ahmedabad, including its contact information, list of RTO codes, services, and costs.
What are the Main Functions of Ahmedabad RTO?
The following are the functions of the RTO Office Ahmedabad:
- Temporary & Permanent Registration, Re-Registration
The RTO of Ahmedabad provides services for both temporary and permanent automobile registration. The details of a vehicle’s registration with the Ahmedabad RTO must be filled out on a form along with documentation of ownership or dealership. The RTO also handles the re-registration of the vehicle if any customer wants to renew their registration, which is after 15 years of registration.
- Driving Licence
In addition, RTO administers exams before awarding the driving license to the customer. It first gives a learner’s permit and then administers a different test to obtain the final permit. Once they pass the test, they are given the license, which they must always have when operating a motor vehicle.
- Copies of Documents
A duplicate of the registration certificate or driver’s license is required. Application, necessary paperwork, police report, and insurance certificate are to be sent to the RTO Office in Ahmedabad.
- Revenue collection for the Government
The RTO’s responsibility for collecting taxes, fees, and fines are crucial. The RTO Ahmedabad collects the motor vehicle tax for the city on behalf of all vehicles. The RTO also collects other fees and taxes, such as International Multi-purpose Vehicle (IMV) payments.
- Environmental Upgradation
RTO is also responsible for ensuring that the vehicles on the road are abiding by the environmental norms enforced by the authorities. To this effect, RTO issues a Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate. This certificate ensures the vehicles are compliant with the environmental standards for smoke emission, etc.
Ahmedabad RTO Codes with Office Locations
Here is the list of the Ahmedabad RTO Codes with their respective addresses.
- RTO Sabarmati
Subhash Bridge, Sabarmati, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380027
Contact No: 079-27559696
- RTO Vastral
Mahadev Nagar Tekra, Vastral, Ahmedabad, Gurajat – 380023
Contact No: 079-27559695
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Ahmedabad
The broad vehicle categorisation for the issue of the licence is as follows:
- Motorcycles up to 50cc (MCWoG): The only license available to candidates who are 16 years old or older is this one. Along with the necessary papers, they must also have their guardian’s or parents’ permission.
- Motorcycles with gear (MCWG): A license for riding motorcycles with gears, regardless of engine size. The applicant must be at least 18 years old and have all necessary documentation in order.
- Two-wheelers without gears (MCWOG): Mopeds or two-wheelers without gears are designated as two-wheelers without gears (MCWOG).
- LMVs: Drivers of light motor vehicles, such as cars, trucks, vans, and jeeps, are granted this license. Both commercial and private uses are possible for it as well.
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle: The applicant must possess a driving training certificate from a school that is registered with the state government, have completed eighth grade, and be at least 18 years old.
- Driving permits for vehicles, including cranes, dozers, trailers, and road rollers, among others.
- Transport Vehicle (TRV): The applicant must possess a valid driving or training license and have completed the eighth standard.
How To Register A Vehicle At Ahmedabad RTO?
It’s important to take the following actions to obtain a car permanently registered at the Ahmedabad RTO:
Step 1: Visit the Ahmedabad RTO’s official website to download the RTO Form 20. Depending on your desire, you can select either the English or the Gujarati version.
Step 2: Complete the application and deliver it to the nearby RTO together with the necessary paperwork.
Step 3: The car will be evaluated by a skilled inspector. If the authorized dealer has conducted the inspection already, this might not be necessary.
Step 4: The RTO office issues a special registration number for your car after verifying the information.
The Registration Certificate (RC) is sent to the registered address through speed post. In case you have a temporary registration number, a customer must obtain a permanent one before the temporary registration expires.
Documents Required To Register a Vehicle In Ahmedabad
Always provide these documents in Ahmedabad to register a vehicle.
- Duly filled RTO Form 20
- RTO Form 21 of sale certificate as obtained from the dealer
- RTO Form 22 for roadworthiness from the manufacturer
- ID proof and recent passport-size photographs
- Receipt for paid tax
- Motor insurance documents
- Address proof
- Customs bills in case imported vehicle
- RTO Form 22(Part 2), if the vehicle is not body build
- LIC policy/High School Certificate/Electricity Bill/Tax payment receipt, etc.
Contact Details of Ahmedabad RTO
Address: Subhash Bridge, Sabarmati, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380027
Office Timings: 10:30 AM-6 PM
Phone Number: 91-79-27559696
GJ-27 ARTO Office in Ahmedabad – East
Address: Mahadev Nagar Tekra, Vastral, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380023
Office Timings: 10:30 AM-6 PM
Phone Number: 91-79-27559695
Gujarat (GJ) RTO FAQs
1. Do I have to go to the Ahmedabad RTO to renew my car's registration certificate?
To renew the vehicle’s registration, you must go to the RTO with it. Before issuing the updated Registration Certificate, the RTO inspector will do a complete mechanical inspection of the vehicle.
2. Can Ahmedabad RTO provide me with a duplicate copy of my driving license?
The RTO will supply you with a duplicate copy of your driver’s license if you provide all the necessary paperwork and the required money.
3. How Can I Renew My Ahmedabad Registration Certificate?
A private car registration certificate is legally only good for 15 days. To avoid penalties, you must renew the registration before it expires. The transport authorities evaluate the vehicle’s five-year roadworthiness before renewing the RC.
Don’t forget to submit these documents along with the required RTO form to renew the registration certificate.
- CMV form number 25
- Original registration certificate
- Pollution under control (PUC) certificate
- Insurance for vehicle
- RTO vehicle owner details along with the address
- Road tax receipt
The RTO office will then renew the registration certificate after the RTO inspector has evaluated the vehicle and all required paperwork has been supplied.
4. Does the RTO in Ahmedabad provide online services?
Yes, online services are provided by the RTO in Ahmedabad via the Parivahan portal. Through the web portal, customers can get services for drivers and vehicles.