Future Generali Third Party Car Insurance Policy
While driving on the road, you may end up in an accident where your car may hit another person, causing injury, loss, or damage. In this situation, Future Generali Third Party Car Insurance policy comes as a saviour as it offers financial protection with third party liability cover. The policy is fully equipped to look after the expenses of the third person without putting financial pressure on the policyholder.
Inclusions of Future Generali Third Party Car Insurance
This plan has come up with certain basic benefits and facilities to safeguard its consumers against third party liabilities. Have a look at the below mentions.
- If another person receives any bodily injury caused directly by your car, this policy will provide compensation for that.
- In case of damage or injury to a limb, or eye of the third party, the company compensates in the following way:
|Parameter||Limit of compensation|
|Both the eyes||100%|
|Both the limbs||100%|
- In case of death of the third party, the company due to an accident by the insured person’s car, the policy offers 100% compensation.
- If any damage or loss happens to the property other than the property belonging to the insured or held in trust or in the custody or control of the insured, the insurer will compensate for that, up to a certain limit specified in the Policy Wordings.
- The company will also compensate for the loss or injury of the driver who was driving the car on the order of the insured. But this is subject to the terms and conditions of the company.
- Personal accident cover is also available for the owner-driver, which is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Exclusions of Future Generali Third Party Car Insurance Policy
As this is a must-have car insurance policy, you also need to have an idea about the exclusions of the policy to get a comprehensive proposition of the plan. So, here are the general exclusions of the policy.
- If the damages are incurred by the insured’s vehicle due to natural calamity, man-made hazards, or nuclear weapons, then the company does not pay any compensation for that.
- If the owner-driver does not possess proper registration papers or license certificates, the company will not take any responsibility for the third party liability.
- If the car is used otherwise than in accordance with the ‘Limitations as to Use’, it will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- If the accident to a third party is done purposefully or intentionally and if it has been proved, the policy will not pay for any of the expense.
- The plan does not cover the expenses of bodily damage or death of the policyholder (if not opted for personal accident cover) and the co-passengers.
- The Company is not liable in respect of any claim arising out of any contractual liability.
Difference Between Future Generali Third Party and Comprehensive Car Insurance
A comprehensive car insurance policy is always different from a third party liability policy. To understand it in detail, have a look at the following table.
|Parameters||Third party policy||Comprehensive policy|
|Cover||Generally, it only offers coverage to the third party, not the insured person||It offers coverage to both, the third party and the insured person.|
|The extent of the cover||Third party policy does not include comprehensive policy.||Comprehensive policy always includes a third party policy.|
|Expenses||It is cheaper.||It is more expensive than the third party policy.|
|Add-on covers||No add-on covers are available with this policy. In some cases, personal accident cover is the additional benefit available with this policy.||More than one add-on covers are available under this policy.|
|Mandatory||It is a mandatory policy as per the Motor Vehicle Act of India.||It is not a mandatory policy, but a very secure policy to have.|
How Can You Track Your Future Generali Car Insurance Claim?
Yes, you can cancel this policy anytime. In that case, you have to give a written 15 days notice to the company stating the reason for the cancellation. There will be cancellation charges depending on several factors.
In that case, the policy will not lapse. It will remain active for the next 3 months or till the expiry of the policy, whichever is earlier. Within this period, the legal heir of the insured person may apply to have this policy transferred to his/her name, or else, he/she can obtain a new insurance policy.
Yes, this policy will provide coverage for the expenses arising out of the court trial of third party liability. It is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurer.
In that case, if at the time of occurrence of an event, there is in existence any other insurance covering the same liability, the Company will not be liable to pay or contribute more than its rateable proportion of any compensation, cost, or expense.
There are more than 4000 cashless garages under this insurer.