Honda WR-V Car Insurance
Honda WR-V, a Winsome Runabout Vehicle, is a stylish SUV that has been ruling the streets since its rollout. This car was launched in India on March 16, 2017, at a starting price of Rs 7.75 lakh (ex-showroom price). It is available in 9 variants and 6 colors, which comes with both petrol and diesel fuel type and manual transmission. Honda WR-V is a blend of beauty, comfort, and safety. Its security features are unparalleled, which include an anti-theft alarm, central locking, door ajar warning and seat belt warning, and many other facilities. It has come up with a safety rating of 5 stars by Global NCAP.
Looking at the specifications of the car, if someone is planning to buy this car, or has already purchased it, then the next step is to buy a robust car insurance policy to protect the car from different types of road risks, because it is a powerful car but not immune to road threats and other liabilities.
Key Specifications of Honda WR-V
This car has come up with a sack full of facilities and features that have made the car immensely popular among buyers. The following table gives a brief sketch of this car.
Front Brake Type – Disc
Rear Brake Type – Drum
|Transmission||6-Speed Manual Transmission|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||40 litres|
|Boot space||363 litres|
Premium Calculation of Honda WR-V
Premium calculation of a car insurance plan depends on various factors such as the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car, the geographical location of the car registration, the variant of the car and model, add-on cover(s), etc. Keeping in mind certain parameters, the following table has been prepared.
|Honda WR-V variant (2019 registration)||Fuel type||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation (Add-on cover)||Premium amount|
|Honda WRV S ALIVE EDITION||Petrol||Rs. 4,95,305||Rs. 7705||Rs. 4742|
|Honda WRV S EDGE EDITION||Petrol||Rs. 5,09,795||Rs. 4880||Rs. 7930|
|Honda WRV SV||Petrol||Rs. 5,34,870||Rs. 5120||Rs. 8320|
|Honda WRV I-VTEC S||Petrol||Rs. 4,95,305||Rs. 7705||Rs. 4742|
|Honda WRV i-VTEC VX||Petrol||Rs. 5,42,500||Rs. 3526||Rs. 8720|
|Honda WRV I-DTEC S||Diesel||Rs. 5,53,770||Rs. 5301||Rs. 8614|
Different add-on covers available with Honda WR-V
Once a policyholder buys a Honda WR-V Car Insurance Plan, he/she can strengthen the plan by opting for add-on cover(s) according to his/her convenience by paying a little extra premium. With this car, one can avail of multiple additional covers. Among them, a few important ones are mentioned below.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection:
If the owner drives safely and does not make a claim against the policy, he/she is entitled to a discount when the plan is renewed. This discount is known as a No Claim Bonus or NCB. If the owner/driver continues driving safely and maintains the claim-free record, he/she can also avail of an NCB discount of up to 50%. However, the NCB discount will be lost if a single claim is made. If the insured person wishes to retain the NCB despite making a claim, he/she needs to opt for the No Claim Bonus protector add-in with the Honda WR-V car insurance policy. This will ensure that the NCB the owner has accumulated for years is not lost even when he/she makes a claim.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
The Honda WR-V car can depreciate by up to 40% in 4 years. Therefore, after 4 years, the owner will only get 60% of the car’s value or total repair costs in case of a claim. One can opt for the Zero Depreciation add-on with the Honda WR-V insurance policy to avoid this. This will safeguard the car from depreciation and ensure that the insured person will get complete compensation in case of a claim.
Return To Invoice Cover:
With the return to invoice add-on, in case of total loss or theft of the insured vehicle, the insurance provider will pay the on-road price of the car as compensation. In a normal plan, the insured person would only get the car’s IDV (on-road price minus depreciation), which decreases yearly.
Roadside Assistance Cover:
The Honda WR-V is an extremely reliable car. However, even the best cars in the world can experience a mechanical breakdown. This is why it makes sense to include the Roadside Assistance add-on with the Honda WR-V insurance. It will ensure that if the insured person is ever stranded due to mechanical failure, he/she can get help with just a single call. The services include a dead battery, duplicate key, tire punctures, repairs, towing charges, messenger services, and many more.
This is another important add-on that a policyholder can opt for with his/her Honda WR-V car insurance policy. This add-on protects the important parts of the car engine, such as the crankshaft, piston, pins, cylinder, gearbox, and so on, from damage. This add-on is especially useful if the insured person lives in a low-lying area where flooding could damage the car’s engine.
What Are The Exclusions of the Honda WR-V?
A car insurance policy offers benefits and facilities to the insured person. However, it also comes with certain exclusions for which it does not provide any coverage. To understand a policy comprehensively and avoid future complications, it is important to thoroughly review the exclusions of the policy. Therefore, the general exclusions of Honda WR-V Car Insurance are as follows.
- If an accident happens when the car does not have an active policy or the driver does not have a valid driving license, the policy will not take any liability for that.
- If the car is without any valid registration certificate, no benefit will be provided to the insured person.
- If the car is used outside the mentioned geographical area, takes part in any adventurous sports, and sustains damages, the policy will not take any responsibility for that.
- If the car sustains damages, or losses while the driver is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substances, then the insurer will not pay any compensation for that.
- Natural wear and tear of parts are not covered under this insurance policy.
- Unless the insured person has an electrical accessories add-on, electrical and mechanical breakdown of any kind is not covered under the car policy.
- Any illegal behavior while driving the insured vehicle can result in the rejection of the claim.
- If the car takes part in any kind of adventurous activities or sports and sustains loss or damage from that, the insurance company will not take any responsibility for that.
How To Buy Car Insurance For Honda WR-V?
Once an individual purchases this Honda WR-V car, he/she has to buy an insurance policy for the car’s safety. With Probus Insurance, this buying process has become super easy and also, he/she can complete the entire process online, staying at home if the steps below are followed thoroughly.
- Scroll up to the top of the page of Probus Insurance.
- There will be the Products tab. Click on that and select the Car Insurance option under the Motor Insurance tab.
- On the landing page, put the registration number of the Honda WR-V in the right place.
- After that, click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Here. One needs to provide some more details related to the insurance policy. Put the credentials carefully, and click on the Submit option.
- On the basis of the given information, the website will calculate the premium amount from different insurers.
- Check the benefits and other details carefully. And if satisfied, click on the particular insurer under which you want to insure the car.
- Check the premium details again, and if no discrepancy is found, pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save the receipt for future communication.
Renew Your Honda WR-V Car Insurance Policy
If the car insurance policy is not renewed on time, the insured person cannot avail of the benefits and the facilities of the policy. Renewing a policy on time is the most vital step after purchasing a policy. With Probus Insurance, this renewal has become very easy and can be done without any hassles if the below steps are followed carefully.
- Scroll up to the top of the page of Probus Insurance.
- There will be the Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Among the multiple options, select the Motor Renewal option.
- On the landing page, multiple options for different insurers will be available. Choose the insurer with whom you have your Honda WR-V Car Plan.
- You will be directed to the page of the insurer.
- There, one needs to provide some information, such as the registration number of the car, and/or policy number.
- If any other detail is required, put those in the right place. Be careful while putting in the credentials because a single piece of wrong information can damage the entire process.
- On the basis of the given information, the renewal amount will be displayed on the screen. Check the details carefully.
- If no discrepancy is found, pay the premium amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification about the same will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about on Honda insurance
The seating capacity of this car is 5.
You can follow the below tips to decrease the insurance premium for this car:
- Claim NCB – You can avail of the No Claim Bonus by not making any claim throughout the policy year. This also helps in renewing your policy at lower rates.
- Cover Small Claims – By not adding small claims to your insurance plan and taking care of them by paying from your own pocket, you can lower the insurance premium rates.
- Compare Plans – Before buying an insurance plan, you should compare plans offered by different insurance providers and then choose the cost-effective plan among them all.
- Avoid Unnecessary Add-Ons – There are numerous add-on covers to choose from. Avoid the unnecessary add-on covers that you might not require to save on the premium cost.
- Install Anti-theft Devices – Installation of the anti-theft device(s) will help you get a discount on the premium amount of the insurance plan for this car. Thus, you can reduce the premium price.
Yes, your valid NCB shall be taken into consideration while insuring your Honda WR-V as the No Claim Bonus is given to the policyholder, not to the insured vehicle.
If you buy a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy for your Honda WR-V, you will be insured against the following situations as per the policy’s terms and conditions. Note that a Personal Accident Cover is not a part of this coverage and needs to be bought separately.
- Injury or death of a third party
- Property damage of a third party
- Damage to Honda WR-V because of fire, calamities, accidents, etc.
- Other chosen coverage as per the add-ons
- Theft of the vehicle
Yes, as per the IRDAI guidelines, you will be required to get your car inspected by your car insurance company if you renew the car insurance policy after the expiry date.
The ground clearance of the Honda WR-V amounts to 188 millimetres.
Yes, you can increase the insured declared value of the Honda WR-V by paying a higher premium.