Hyundai Aura Car Insurance
Hyundai launched the Aura compact sedan in the country on 21st January 2020, which is available with BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines and also comes with new safety features. Hyundai Aura has the right blend of looks and performance, and it is one of the best compact sedans in India. It is designed with state-of-the-art technology that aims to complement busy lifestyles with a stress-free driving experience. This 5-seater deluxe sedan ranges between Rs. 9,14,263 and Rs. 9,58,074 (on road). It features a sporty exterior and ultra-comfortable interiors and promises to give a super smooth and safe car riding experience. This sleek and beautiful model attracts buyers, and if someone is looking for a car with unmatched mileage benefits with other super facility benefits, this car must be on his/her bucket list. But, after buying this sedan, one needs to have a car insurance policy to provide the car maximum safety from the road risks it is exposed to. Apart from that, buying a third party liability only policy is mandatory in India according to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Therefore, this article will provide a brief sketch of this car and the information that one needs to know about the Hyundai Aura Car Insurance Policy.
Key specifications of Hyundai Aura
The following table gives the key specifications of this car. Have a look.
|ARAI Mileage||25.4 kmpl|
|Max Torque||190.2nm @ 1750-2250rpm|
|Max Power||73.97bhp @ 4000rpm|
|Unique selling points|
Premium Calculation of Hyundai Aura Car Insurance
The premium amount for a car insurance policy depends on various factors such as the age of the car, IDV, depreciation value, geographical area, fuel type, etc. Keeping certain important parameters in mind, the following premium table for Hyundai Aura Car Insurance Policy has been made.
|Hyundai Aura Variant||Fuel type||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover (Add-on cover)||Car insurance premium|
|Hyundai Aura E 1.2||Petrol||Rs. 5,50,905||Rs. 2,079||Rs. 11885|
|Hyundai Aura S 1.2||Petrol||Rs. 6,23,190||Rs. 2,804||Rs. 12603|
|Hyundai Aura S 1.2 AMT||Petrol||Rs. 6,70,605||Rs. 3018||Rs. 12836|
|Hyundai Aura SX 1.2||Petrol||Rs. 6,93,405||Rs. 3120||Rs. 12949|
|Hyundai Aura S 1.2 CNG||CNG||Rs. 6,92,455||Rs. 3116||Rs. 13294|
|Hyundai Aura S 1.2 CRDi||Diesel||Rs. 7,35,110||Rs. 3308||Rs. 13154|
|Hyundai Aura SX 1.2 (O)||Petrol||Rs. 6,46,605||Rs. 3360||Rs. 13211|
|Hyundai Aura SX Plus 1.2 AMT||Petrol||Rs. 7,64,560||Rs. 3441||Rs. 13299|
|Hyundai Aura S 1.2 AMT CRDi||Diesel||Rs. 7,82,551||Rs. 3521||Rs. 13387|
|Hyundai Aura SX 1.0||Petrol||Rs. 8,12,155||Rs. 3655||Rs. 9095|
|Hyundai Aura SX 1.2 (O) CRDi||Diesel||Rs. 8,58,610||Rs. 3864||Rs. 13762|
|Hyundai Aura SX Plus 1.2 AMT CRDi||Diesel||Rs. 8,76,565||Rs. 3945||Rs. 13851|
Different Add-on Covers Available With Hyundai Aura Car Insurance
Once a policyholder buys a Hyundai Aura Car Insurance Plan, he/she can strengthen the plan by opting for add-on cover(s) according to his/her convenience by paying a little extra premium. With Aura, one can avail of multiple additional covers. Among them, a few important ones are mentioned below.
No Claim Bonus Protection Cover:
One can stand to enjoy 20%-50% discounts on renewal premiums with his/her accumulated No Claim Bonus (NCB) by not filing a claim for a whole policy year. Depending on the claim-free years, the percentage of the NCB benefit varies. However, filing claims may hamper this discount quite significantly.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
Sometimes referred to as nil depreciation, it is an add-on for the comprehensive car insurance policy and stand-alone own damage policy that allows the insured person to claim the entire cost of replacing car parts in the event of an accident. As part of this cover, the claim amount will not be reduced by the depreciation value of the damaged parts. It lets the policyholder make the most out of his/her car insurance coverage by providing maximum reimbursement at the time of claim.
Personal Accident Cover:
As the name suggests, this cover provides the driver with a comprehensive accident cover. Thus, if the owner-driver sustains injuries or permanent disabilities from an accident, this rider covers the financial burden of the same. It offers up to Rs. 15 lakhs compensation.
Engine protection cover:
It is an add-on benefit on car insurance that can be a part of the comprehensive motor car insurance policy. It is used to cover the insured vehicle’s engine for any damage or loss of the parts or the engine as a whole. Thus, it is an effective compensation for repairing or replacing the car engine or its parts as a car engine is extremely expensive, and therefore, repairing it incurs a lot of costs.
A standard comprehensive car insurance policy would not provide cover for the cost of consumables. With this add-on cover, one can get compensation for the cost of consumables such as engine oil, ball bearings, nuts, bolts, washers, brake oil, screws, grease, AC refrigerant, etc. in case of replacing or refiling it due to an accident.
What Are The Key Exclusions of Hyundai Aura Car Insurance?
To have a comprehensive idea of an insurance policy and to avoid future complications, it is important to go through the exclusions of it thoroughly. Therefore, the general exclusions of this policy are as follows.
- If the car meets an accident while the driver does not have a valid license or the car does not have an active insurance policy, the insurer will not take any responsibility for that.
- The car needs to have a valid registration certificate. Otherwise, the insured person will not receive any benefit if anything happens.
- If the driver is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substance, and the car meets an accident, the insurance company will not take any liability for the loss or damage.
- If the car is used outside the clause of usage or outside the stipulated geographical area, no benefit will be provided.
- If the car takes part in any kind of adventurous sports, or if the accident is intentional or self-inflicted and it gets proven, the insured person cannot avail of any benefit of the insurance plan.
- Any damage or loss that happens due to war, nuclear radiation, war-like situation, riots, strikes, public unrest, etc., compensation will be provided.
- No damage compensations are paid when repairs are needed for electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
- The cost of the normal wear and tear of the car due to regular use also falls under the category of exclusions if an add-on cover is not purchased by the insured person.
Buying Process of The Hyundai Aura Car Insurance
With Probus Insurance, one can have a very smooth and quick buying experience of this policy if he/she follows the below steps religiously.
- Scroll up or go to the homepage of Probus Insurance.
- At the top of the homepage, there will be the Products tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear on the screen. Select the car insurance option under the Motor Insurance tab.
- On the landing page, one needs to put the car’s registration number. And click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Here, you need to put certain details related to the policy as per your requirements. Put the data carefully.
- On the basis of that, the website will show the quotes from different insurers for the Hyundai Aura Car Insurance.
- Compare the quotes, and check the details.
- If satisfied, then you can proceed to buy the product. Select the desired insurer and click on the Buy Now option.
- Pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download that for future reference.
What is The Renewal Process for Hyundai Aura Car Insurance?
With Probus Insurance, renewal has become easy and simple if one follows the steps below carefully.
- Scroll up to the top of the page of Probus Insurance.
- At the top of the page, there will be the Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Among the three options, choose the Motor Insurance one.
- On the landing page, one needs to choose his/her insurer under whom he/she has the Hyundai Aura Car Insurance Policy.
- You will be directed to the official website of your insurer.
- There, the insured person needs to put certain details such as policy number, registration number, etc.
- If any other information is required, enter those as instructed. Be careful while putting in the credentials because a single piece of wrong information can damage the entire process.
- On the basis of the given data, the renewal amount will be displayed on the screen.
- Check it again, and if no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment, available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
Hyundai Car FAQs
Most frequent questions and answers about on Hyundai Aura Motors insurance
Car insurance policies can be of two types – Third party and comprehensive car insurance policy. As per the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1988, it is mandatory to have a third party liabilities only policy, if you are a car owner. But it would be advisable to go for the comprehensive policy that includes the third party as well.
You just need to have the following details with you:
Previous Year Policy Number
Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
Vehicle Registration Number
Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
While your Hyundai Aura insurance plan offers you a plethora of benefits, paying its hefty premiums will surely take a toll on your wallet. To avoid this, use the tips listed below to reduce the price of your Hyundai Aura insurance plan:
- Installing anti-theft devices like gear locks and alarms can help reduce your insurance premiums.
- A higher deductible limit can bring down premiums.
- Compare Hyundai Aura insurance rates online before purchasing a plan.
- Forego small claim settlements to maintain your No Claim Bonus benefits.
- Maintain a pristine driving record to avail of discounts on your Hyundai Aura insurance premiums.
- You can minimize depreciation by servicing your car as per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Using cruise control when driving can help lower your fuel consumption as well as reduce the chances of accidents and collisions.
- Refrain from purchasing unnecessary add-on riders to reduce Hyundai Aura insurance premiums
You can calculate the right IDV for your Hyundai Aura by subtracting depreciation costs from the original market value of the car. For this, you can also use an online IDV calculator.
Yes, it is possible to transfer accumulated No Claim Bonus benefits from your old car model to your newly purchased Hyundai Aura. As long as your name on the policy document remains unchanged, such transfers can happen quite seamlessly.