Hyundai Creta Car Insurance
Hyundai Motor Group is the world’s third-largest automobile manufacturer, which is operational in India with its first- and second-generation Creta models. The robust structure of this SUV has a sporty style with a forceful and graceful performance that catches the eyes of the younger generation. It has come up with 14 variants, 10 color options, and 3 petrol and 1 diesel engine, which is also available in both manual and automatic transmissions with a seating capacity for 5 people. Speaking of its performance, Creta offers a mileage of 21.40 km/I with a fuel tank capacity of 50 liters. Where the petrol engines allow the car to reach from 0 to 100 in 11.68 seconds, the diesel engines take about 10.84 seconds to do the same.
The Hyundai Creta has won 27 highly coveted awards, including the ICOTY award in 2016. In order to safeguard this beautiful and powerful car from all the possible road risks it is exposed to, the owner needs to opt for a car insurance policy. However, according to the Motor Vehicles Act of India, having a third-party liability-only policy is mandatory for a car owner. Therefore, to make it simpler and more understandable, here are the details that one needs to know about this car and Hyundai Creta Insurance Policy.
Key specifications of Hyundai Creta
The following table will give a brief idea about this car. Have a look.
|Engine type||1.5L MPi Petrol|
|Maximum power||113.42 mbhp@6300 rotation per minute|
|Maximum torque||143.8 nm@4500 rotation per minute|
|Transmission type||Manual 6-Speed IVT|
Premium Calculation of Hyundai Creta Car Insurance
The premium amount for Hyundai Creta will vary from one insurer to another. Apart from that, the car’s premium is calculated depending on several factors such as the car’s age, IDV value, geographical region, the make and model, the cubic capacity of the engine, etc. The following table will deliver an idea of the premium of a few variants of the car on the basis of the following factors.
|Car variant||Price of the car||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation (Add-on Cover)||Premium (Basic)|
|Creta 1.6 SX (O) (1582 cc)||Rs. 17,20,000||Rs. 12,24,141||Rs. 9703||Rs. 40,674|
|Creta 1.6 SX Diesel MT (1582 cc)||Rs. 14,51,000||Rs. 10,43,974||Rs. 8334||Rs. 38,265|
|1.6 SX Plus AT Petrol (1591 cc)||Rs. 14,94,000||Rs. 11,57,957||Rs. 9201||Rs. 39,790|
Different Add-on Covers Available for Hyundai Creta Car Insurance
To strengthen this policy, an insured person can opt for various add-on covers by paying a little extra premium. Among those additional benefits, a few are mentioned below.
It provides complete coverage to the insured car irrespective of the depreciation of its parts. It is also known as Nil Depreciation or Zero Depreciation cover. With this add-on cover, if the car sustains any damage or loss due to an accident or a mishap, the insurance company will not deduct the value of depreciation from the coverage (excluding tires and batteries). The best part of this cover is that the Hyundai Creta Car Insurance will pay all the expenses of the replacement of the car body parts.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Cover:
It is a type of reward the car insurance company offers to the policyholder on the own damage (OD) premium amount for not raising any claim during the policy term. NCB is a discount on the car insurance premium that the insured person can avail of at the time of renewal of his/her car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
Engine protection cover:
Engine Protect cover is a car insurance add-on that is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps the policyholder get compensation for the damages incurred by his/her car’s engine. This additional cover not only offers financial support but also ensures the long life of the car and one can get cover for the costliest part of the car.
Return to invoice cover:
It covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of the insured car, along with the registration and other applicable taxes. RTI helps in fetching the purchase value (on-road price) of the car in case of theft or total loss. When the cost of repair cost is over 75% of the IDV, it is considered a total loss. However, it is applicable if the car is extremely damaged and becomes unusable, but for small damages, this cover is not applicable.
Though car accessories improve the appearance of the car and give comfort to passengers, many people fail to understand that it comes with a cost of maintenance as well which is not provided by a standard car insurance plan. Accessories Add-on in car insurance provides financial coverage for the accessories like stereo system, reverse camera, LCD TV, etc. of the car in case of mishap or accident. If the policyholder is passionate about enhancing the car, then it would be a smart move to protect those high-end accessories by paying an extra premium to the car insurance company.
What Are The Key Exclusions of Hyundai Creta Car Insurance?
A car insurance policy offers benefits and facilities to the insured person. However, it also comes with certain exclusions for which it does not provide any coverage. To understand a policy comprehensively and to avoid future complications, it is important to go through the exclusions of the policy thoroughly. Therefore, the general exclusions of Hyundai Creta Car Insurance are as follows.
- If an accident happens when the car does not have an active policy or the driver does not have a valid driving license, the policy will not take any liability for that.
- If the car is without any valid registration certificate, no benefit will be provided to the insured person.
- If the car is used outside the mentioned geographical area, takes part in any adventurous sports, and sustains damages, the policy will not take any responsibility for that.
- If the car sustains damages, or losses while the driver is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substances, then the insurer will not pay any compensation for that.
- Natural wear and tear of parts are not covered under this insurance policy.
- Unless the insured person has an electrical accessories add-on, electrical and mechanical breakdown of any kind is not covered under the car policy.
- Any illegal behavior while driving the insured vehicle, can result in the rejection of the claim.
Buying Process of Hyundai Creta Car Insurance
One can easily buy Hyundai Creta Car Insurance with the help of Probus Insurance. For that, the following steps are to be followed.
- Scroll up, or else, go to the homepage page of Probus Insurance.
- At the top of the page, there will be the Car Insurance tab. Click on that.
- On the landing page, one needs to provide a few pieces of information, such as the registration number of his/her car in the right place, and then click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Probus Insurance will calculate the quotes from the different car insurance companies for your Hyundai Creta.
- It will be displayed on the screen. Here, one needs to put some details related to his/her requirements. On the basis of that, the final quotes will be shown.
- Check the details. If satisfied one can straight buy the policy from there by clicking on the insurer.
- If any further information is required, put them as instructed. After that, pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save it for future reference.
What Is The Renewal Process of Hyundai Creta Car Insurance?
If a car insurance policy is not renewed on time, it will be of no use as it will not offer the benefits and coverage. Therefore, renewing a policy on time is one of the most important aspects of an insurance plan. with Probus Insurance one can complete this renewal for his/her Hyundai Creta without any hassles if the following steps are followed religiously.
- Go to the homepage of Probus Insurance or scroll up to the top of the page.
- At the top, there will be the Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear. Among them, choose the Motor Renewal option.
- On the landing page, there will be options for multiple insurers. Select your insurer.
- After that, you will be directed to the company’s website.
- There, one needs to put certain details such as car registration number, policy number, etc.
- Put the details in the right place. While putting the credentials, be careful because a single piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire process.
- On the basis of the given data, the renewal amount will be calculated. Check it twice.
- If no discrepancy is found, pay the amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent regarding the same to your registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Save the receipt, or else, you can also take a printout of it for better convenience.
Hyundai Car FAQs
Most frequent questions and answers about on Hyundai Creta Motors insurance
If damages or losses are sustained by nuclear hazards, war, warlike operations, strikes, riots, etc. that are not covered by a car insurance policy.
The total loss of a car happens when it gets extremely damaged. Such a car cannot be repaired or the cost of repairs is more than its actual price.
The minimum duration of a Creta insurance policy for Hyundai Creta is one year.
Car insurance prices are decided on different considerations. The key factor in deciding the premium amount is the invoice value of your car. A turbocharged petrol Creta with dual-clutch transmission costs more than the entry-level, naturally aspirated petrol engine, manual transmission vehicle. Since the invoice value of different variants is different from each other, the premium is also different. This is, however only for the own damage cover. The prices for third party cover for all variants remain the same because they are regulated by IRDAI.
As NCB is given to the insured person, not to the car, therefore, you can transfer your No Claim Bonus to your new Creta.
No, considering the nature of the damage, which is wear and tear, the peeling off your Creta’s paint will not be covered by the car’s insurance policy.