ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance
Predicting a mishap on the road is not in your hands, but one thing that you can surely do is insure your vehicle against such uncertainties. The privilege of owning a car comes with the duty to safeguard it from unforeseen circumstances. This is where comprehensive car insurance comes into play as a key component of protecting your priceless asset. Therefore, if you want full financial security in the event of an unforeseen event, you must choose comprehensive car insurance. If you are looking for comprehensive insurance for your four-wheeler, then ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance is an ideal choice.
Let’s understand more about it.
Also known as private car insurance, the comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard provides complete coverage for your vehicle against damages caused by accidents, thefts, fire, natural disasters, and other such incidents.
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive car insurance also offers add-ons like zero depreciation and roadside assistance, whereas third-party insurance only includes mandatory coverage as per law. Additionally, it is more expensive than third-party coverage but offers total coverage for your vehicle. With a network of 6100+ cashless garages, you will get seamless assistance without any difficulty.
What Distinguishing Features and Benefits Does ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Offer?
Here are the major features and benefits of considering the ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance.
Engine Protect Cover:
Covers the cost of repairing or replacing a damaged engine. A useful add-on if you live in an area that frequently floods during heavy rains or if you drive a high-end vehicle.
Consumables Protect Cover:
Repair or replacement costs for nuts and bolts, screws, washers, grease, lubricant, clips, A/C gas, bearings, distilled water, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, brake oil, and associated parts are covered.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
The value of your car’s parts declines or depreciates as it gets older. Zero Dep. cover reimburses you for the claim amount that is reduced due to depreciation at the time of a claim.
Garage Cash Cover:
Provides a daily allowance for alternative transportation while the mechanic works on your car. This money can be used to cover cab fare.
Loss of Personal Belongings Cover:
Covers personal items in your car, such as your phone, laptop, and clothing. If these possessions disappear from your car or sustain damage in an accident, it will cover you.
Comprehensive car Insurance by ICIC Lombard, as opposed to third-party car insurance, provides superior protection by paying out if your car sustains any damage in an accident. You have two options: take your car to a network garage for cashless repairs, or submit a later claim for reimbursement from the insurance provider.
Compensation in Case of Death or Disability:
The owner-driver of the insured vehicle is covered for death and bodily harm under comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard. The insurance provider will give the nominee the full amount of the award if you pass away or develop a partial or permanent disability as a result of the car accident.
Protects General Wear and Tear:
Comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard covers losses and damages to the car resulting from normal wear and tear, including engine oil leaks.
Key Exclusions Under the ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance
Listed below are the exclusions under the comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard.
Unlawful Driving Practices:
The comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard does not provide coverage for driving while intoxicated, using a vehicle for illegal purposes, driving without a valid licence, or driving on the wrong side of the road. Any claims based on such events will also be disregarded.
Willful Damage or Destruction:
One of the main exclusions in an ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance is any intentional damage to the driver or the vehicle. Do not forget that insurance fraud is illegal and can result in severe legal repercussions.
Commercial Use of Private Vehicles:
Different types of car insurance cover both personal and business vehicles. If a personal vehicle is used for business travel, insurance claims will be denied.
Driving under the influence:
Claims will not be paid for losses resulting from mishaps brought on by customers who were impaired by alcohol or drugs. Beware, driving while intoxicated is illegal and subject to legal penalties.
Lapse of a comprehensive car insurance:
After each year, comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard must be renewed to keep it active. The insurance does not cover any damage incurred during the expired period. Therefore, it’s best to always renew your insurance on time.
War & Invasion:
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive car insurance does not provide coverage for losses brought on by war, civil war, nuclear attack, terrorist attack, riots, and uprisings.
Exclusions of ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance
The assurance of security for both the vehicle damage and the liability of a third party involved in an accident is provided by having comprehensive car insurance in place. In the event of death, the insurer can easily resolve the claim. The Motor Accidents Case Tribunal (MACT) will compensate the nominee in the event of a fatal accident. Thus, buying an ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance is incredibly important in such a scenario.
If you are interested in the purchase, then listed below are the steps you will need to follow.
- Visit the official website of ICICI Lombard.
- Then, on the home page, you will see “Motor Insurance” in the orange-coloured banner. When you take your cursor over it, you will see “Car Insurance”. Simply click on it.
- In the next step, you will see the page asking you to enter your “Vehicle Registration Number”, mobile number, and email ID. After entering all the details, click on “Get Quote”.
- The moment you click on it, you will the details of your insurance. Simply choose the plan type to comprehensive. Then, the values will be updated. Furthermore, you will also see the amount that you will need to pay.
- In the next step, click on the “Continue” button. Then, you will see the details of your insurance. Once you verified the information, click on “That’s Correct”.
- After that, you will see the details of the amount you need to pay on the right side. Then, click on “Begin KYC Process”. In the following step, you need to enter your PAN number and Date of birth to continue with the buying process.
- Click on Verify. Then, you will see the premium amount that you will need to pay. Simply use your credit or debit card to make the payment.
- Once you have made the payment, your ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance details will be sent to your registered phone number and email ID.
How to File a Claim for Your ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance?
If you want to file a claim for your ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car insurance, then listed below are the steps to follow.
Inform ICICI Lombard:
All you need to do is simply contact ICICI Lombard immediately after the accident/theft via any one of the following methods mentioned below:
- Register your claim via the website.
- Call at 24×7 toll-free number 1800 2666
- File a claim” on the IL Take Care app
- SMS CLAIM to 5757
Register an FIR:
So that the legal process can begin, file a FIR. The ICICI Lombard requires that you submit an FIR to support your claim. For more information, make sure to read the document.
Take Photos and Videos:
It’s important to document the damage done to your car with pictures and videos. If a third-party vehicle is involved, you must also record the harm done to that vehicle. This assists in confirming the validity of your claim. Once you have gathered this proof, give it to your insurer so they can confirm it.
You must include supporting documentation with your claim for your insurer to verify it.
Get Your Car Inspected:
The insurance provider will send a surveyor to assess the damages based on the information you provided. All of the information will be gathered by the surveyor and given to the ICICI Lombard.
Wait for the Claim Settlement:
All of the information gathered by the surveyor will be verified by ICICI Lombard. If the insurer is pleased, they will present you with two options for payment.
Documents Required for Filing an ICICI Comprehensive Car Insurance Claim
Listed below are the documents required to file a comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard.
- Completed claim form
- A copy of the registration certificate (RC); if the RC is unavailable for a new vehicle that is less than three months old, tax receipts and the vehicle purchase invoice are valid
- Aadhar/PAN Card
- Original claim form with NEFT mandate form (NEFT form is required only for non-cashless cases)
- Copy of the driving license of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident
- Copy of your insurance
- Certified copy of one officially valid document & PAN card/form 60
- FIR or police report (depending on loss type). If it’s a theft, report the incident to the police immediately
- Garage estimate
- Repair Invoice
- Cancelled Cheque
How to Renew Your ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Having comprehensive car insurance is crucial if you own a car. It’s also critical to renew it on time. If you don’t renew your comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard before it expires, you won’t have any protection if something untoward occurs. Any damages incurred during the grace period will not be covered by the insurer’s financial obligations.
If you want to renew your ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance, then the following are the steps to follow.
- Visit the official website of ICICI Lombard.
- After that, on the home page, you will see the “Renewals” section in the orange-coloured banner. Hover over it and then click on “Car Policy”.
- Then, you will need your policy number and then click on the “Proceed” Button. Alternatively, you can even use your mobile number to do the same.
- The moment you click on it, the details of your ICICI Comprehensive car insurance will be displayed.
- In the next step, you will need to renew it using your credit/debit card or Net Banking.
- Finally, you will get the renewal document to your registered email ID and mobile number.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, only personal accident insurance and third-party liability car insurance are required.
Yes, comprehensive car insurance by ICICI Lombard provides financial protection from natural disasters.
Yes, even after the insurance date has passed, you are still eligible to file a claim. This is because the incident occurred during the insurance period.