IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car insurance offers protection to the vehicle against an accident, theft, natural calamity, and other unforeseen circumstances that could incur financial losses. This car insurance policy covers third-party liabilities as well. This company offers a sack full of add-on covers to make the comprehensive motor policy stronger. Therefore, one can customize the policy as per his/her choice. The comprehensive policy is the most effective policy to safeguard your car. It has come up with all the necessary covers, including the mandatory one, the third-party liability policy. So, once you buy the comprehensive policy from IFFCO Tokio, you are financially protected, and your car will be getting the utmost protection.
Major Highlights of The Comprehensive Car Insurance of IFFCO Tokio
This policy has come up with a bundle of benefits and facilities to safeguard the priceless car. Here are the mentions of those.
Accidents or Collisions:
Covers repair or replacement costs for your car in case of an accident.
Avail of coverage against losses incurred when your car is stolen.
Damages and losses incurred due to acts of nature, such as floods, cyclones, etc. will be covered under the same policy.
Fire & Explosion:
If the insured car suffers damages and losses caused due to an accidental fire, the policy will be there to compensate for the loss.
One can get compensation up to Rs. 15 lakhs in case an accident leads to the death or disability of the owner.
It is an in-built cover. The policy pays for property damages and injuries of the third party caused by your car.
Different Add-ons Available With the Comprehensive Motor Insurance of IFFCO Tokio
To make the car insurance policy stronger, an insured person can purchase add-on cover(s) by paying a little extra premium amount. There are several additional covers available with the Comprehensive Motor Insurance of IFFCO Tokio policy. Among them, the important ones are as follows.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
This add-on cover in a comprehensive car insurance policy ensures that the insurer covers the depreciation amount on the assessed parts as per the policy document. The benefits under the add-on can be utilized up to a maximum specified number of times during the policy period. Without this cover, all insurers account for depreciation on the car’s parts and settle the claim after making the necessary deductions on account of depreciation. Having the add-on cover will ensure that there are no deductions for the depreciation of parts.
If the insured person gets stranded in the middle of the road due to any reason, such as a mechanical or electrical breakdown, this add-on cover kicks in and protects him/her from bearing the cost of such sudden expenses. The roadside assistance add-on is also known as the breakdown assistance cover. This cover also includes towing service, fuel delivery, alternative vehicles, staying at a hotel, medical coordination, etc.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Cover:
It is a reward provided by the insurance company to policyholders for raising no claim in a policy year. This bonus gets accumulated with every claim-free year and ranges between 20% to 50%. The accrued percentage of the benefit earned as NCB gives a discount on the premium of the next year. However, if a single claim is made in between a policy year or if the car insurance plan gets lapsed, then this bonus will become null and void.
Engine Protection Cover:
Generally, a standard car insurance policy does not provide coverage for the engine of the car against its damage. With this cover, one can get compensation for the damages incurred by your car’s engine, which is the most valuable part of a car. It helps an insured person to get financial support and ensures the long life of the car.
This add-on cover pays for consumable parts like nuts and bolts, grease, etc., which are not covered in a standard car insurance policy.
Loss of Key Cover:
This type of add-on pays for the repair or replacement of car keys and locks if there is a loss of the insured car or damage to the lock system due to accident, theft, or attempted theft.
Tyre Replacement Cover:
It pays for the repair or replacement of tires unfit for use due to tire bursts, bulges, punctures, cuts, accidental damage, or even due to continuous use in a deflated condition.
General Exclusions of IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance
To have a comprehensive idea of an insurance policy and to avoid future complications, it is important to go through the exclusions of the policy carefully. Therefore, to get an overall idea of the comprehensive car insurance of IFFCO Tokio, the general exclusions of it are mentioned below.
- The expenses of normal wear and tear of the car are not covered by the policy if that cover is not purchased by the insured person as an add-on cover separately.
- The costs of electrical and mechanical breakdowns have to be borne by the policyholder.
- Suppose the car is used outside the specified geographical area, or used for adventurous sports or for any activity for which it is not authorized. In that case, the insurer will not take any responsibility for the damages or losses.
- If the car meets an accident while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance, the expenses will not be compensated by the insurance company.
- If an accident happens while the car does not have any active insurance policy, or is not registered properly, then the insurance company does not take any liability for that.
- If the driver does not have a valid license while driving the car, that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- If the car suffers losses and damages due to wars, strikes, riots, war-like situations, public unrest, nuclear radiation, etc., then the expenses of that loss have to be borne by the insured person.
- If the accident is self-inflicted, suicide or suicide attempts are permanently excluded from the policy.
Buying Process For Comprehensive Car Insurance By IFFCO Tokio?
One can buy this policy by following the below steps easily.
- Go to the official website of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company.
- On the homepage, there will be the ‘Buy’ tab. Click on that, or you can also select the Insure New Vehicles tab.
- Provide your name and mobile number. Select the car insurance option.
- Click on the submit option.
- On the landing page, provide other necessary details to obtain this policy.
- On the basis of the given details, the premium amount will be displayed before you.
- Check the details twice carefully. If satisfied, pay the premium amount to buy this policy safely.
Renewal Process of the IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance
Due to digitization, the renewal process of this policy under this insurer has become very easy if you follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the renew tab. Click on that.
- On the landing page, put the existing policy number, and the registration number of your car in the right place.
- Then click on the proceed option.
- The renewal amount will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the details carefully.
- If no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount online to enjoy the benefits of the policy.
Claim Process of IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance
The company offers both reimbursement and cashless claims. The general claim process of the company is as follows.
- The loss or damage should be reported to the insurer as soon as possible.
- On receipt of claim intimation, the IFFCO Tokio will forward a claim form.
- Submit the completed claim form along with an estimate of the loss to the insurer. It is preferable to submit an itemized estimate with separate values.
- The insurer will arrange for an inspection of the damaged items to assess the loss. In case of major losses, a specialist-licensed surveyor is deputed.
- The insured person has to provide the required documents to substantiate the extent of the loss.
- In case the cause of loss is not established, it is for the insured to prove that the loss or damage has occurred due to an insured peril.
- On agreement of claim amount between the insured and the insurer, the claim is settled.
- Excess, as stated as per the policy terms and conditions, will be deducted from the claim payable.
- Duly filled and signed claim form.
- Original vehicle registration book (including the fitness certification, if it is a separate document)
- Original driving license.
- Documentation for submission
- Copy of the police complaint (FIR)
- Estimate of repairs.
- Any other document as requested by the company
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the list of the frequently asked questions related to IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance.
There are more than 4500 network garages are there spread all over the country under this insurer.
IDV refers to the Insured Declared Value and is the maximum sum assured fixed by the insurer that is offered in case of theft or total loss of a vehicle. In short, IDV is the current market value of your vehicle. It is usually estimated based on the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the model and variant of the vehicle (including additional accessories) at the beginning of the car insurance policy.
There are 2 big reasons why the IDV of your car is important. First, it is the maximum amount of compensation you will receive in case of theft or if your car is damaged beyond repair. Second, the IDV of your car directly affects the premium of your insurance policy. A higher IDV results in a higher premium and vice versa.
You need to inform IFFCO Tokio about any changes required in the details of your car insurance policy. You can do this by sending us a letter along with proof to change the details in your car insurance policy. Once the company completes the verification process, you can be assured that we will carry out the required changes.
If you need to make changes in the policy regarding your address or vehicle, you will need to make a formal endorsement. You need to submit proof of the required changes. Please note that certain endorsements may require you to provide an additional premium. This is why it is advisable to check these endorsements that are stated in your car insurance policy beforehand.
It is certainly important to inform the concerned RTO regarding the theft and submit that report to the insurer to avail of a successful claim.