No Inspection. No Paper Work
Car Insurance Plans
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim
Kotak Mahindra’s customer-centric approach allows it to provide customized insurance products and services that are easily accessible online. The company also provides reimbursement and a cashless claim settlement method for car insurance. It offers a simple and painless claim settlement process, as well as a free towing service. In the event of an accident, the policyholder can file a claim for compensation.
Let’s know more about Kotak Mahindra’s car insurance claim in detail!
Cashless Car Insurance Claim Process Of Kotak Mahindra
If you wish to raise a cashless claim against your car insurance from Kotak Mahindra, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Inform The Company: The very first step is to intimidate the company about the accident or any other mishappening as soon as possible. You can easily inform the company by calling their toll-free number 1800 266 4545.
- Car Inspection: The company will send an agent to inspect your damaged car within 24 hours. If the accident is reported for a claim on a Sunday or other public holiday, the inspection will take place the next business day. Within 50 kilometers of where your car got damaged, Kotak additionally provides a towing service.
- Submit Your Documents: Once the inspection is done, submit all the necessary documents to the company as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Get Your Car Repaired: The company will transmit the repair fee straight to the workshop when the damaged car is repaired at the network garage.
Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim Process Of Kotak Mahindra
If you are unwilling or unable to repair your car at a network garage, you can file a reimbursement claim by following these steps:
- Informing The Company: Intimate Kotak Mahindra about your car accident as soon as possible. You can either submit a claim intimation form or call the company’s toll-free number 1800 266 4545.
- Surveyor’s Inspection: The company will then send a surveyor to inspect your damaged vehicle.
- Towing: You must take the damaged vehicle to a garage for repairs after the inspection. For this, you can ask the company for a towing service, which would be reimbursed up to Rs. 1,500.
- Repairment Of Car: Repair your car at any nearby garage and pay the repair bill. Gather all of your bills and submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Submit Your Documents: Submit all relevant documentation, as well as the claim form and repair bills.
- Settling The Claim: In compliance with the terms and conditions, Kotak General Insurance will refund you after considering deductibles within 7 days of receipt of all applicable papers.
List Of Documents Required During The Claim Process
Here is the following list of documents that you will need during the claim process:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Road tax receipts
- Copy of RC (Registration Certificate)
- Policy document of car insurance
- Police FIR (in case of accident or theft)
- Copy of valid driving license
- Total repair bills
Possible Reasons For The Rejection Of Car Insurance Claim
A claim for car insurance may be denied for the following reasons:
- The policy has expired.
- Incorrect data was entered into the claim form.
- The accident was not reported to Kotak General in a timely manner.
- Driving without a valid RC and driving license.
- The accident occurred as a result of the driver’s inattention or intoxication.
- Without informing the insurance, the vehicle was fixed in the self-authorization mode.