Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
After purchasing the dream car, one should not skip out on insuring it because failing to do so could welcome legal and financial difficulties. Although the Indian law mandates car owners to have third-party insurance, it is not enough to receive complete protection.
Therefore, one should choose suitable comprehensive car insurance, such as Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance, which offers coverage both for third-party and own car damage. While buying comprehensive car insurance from Liberty General is an ideal choice, it is crucial to understand its features and benefits to ensure that the claim is not rejected in the future.
Read on to learn all about the insurance!
What Is Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
The Comprehensive Car Insurance from Liberty General offers 360-degree protection against theft, damage, or any third-party liability arising out of an accident. The insurance is designed to offer complete financial protection and will be the right option in any unforeseen occurrence. A range of add-ons are also available for those who want to further protect their priceless item.
Features & Benefits Of Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
Some of the key features and benefits of Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance are as follows:
The insurance comes in the form of a package, which includes ‘Liability Only Policy’ and ‘OD (Own Damage Cover). The cover also extends to the owner’s vehicle.
While renewing his/her Comprehensive Car Insurance by Liberty General, the policyholder can avail of renewal discounts, especially for longer tenure.
5500+ Network Garages:
The insurance company has tied its knot with over 5500 network garages, where the policyholders can leverage cashless repair services. The entire repair costs will be taken care of by the insurance provider, as per some terms and conditions.
Personal Accident Covers:
A personal accident cover with 15 lakh rupees sum insured is offered for the car’s owner or driver. The cover pays the sum insured amount in accordance with the terms and conditions in the event of an accidental death or permanent total disability of the owner or driver.
Easy Insurance Migration:
The policyholders can easily migrate their existing car insurance from any provider and bring it to Liberty General Insurance for comparatively better services. This also includes the current no-claim bonus of the insurance.
Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance offers all-round accidental covers, such as follows:
- Damage to the car due to natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, storms, etc.
- Irreparable damage due to fire, explosion, lightning, and self-ignition.
- Damage due to man-made disasters, such as riots, terrorism, strikes, and so on.
- Accidental damage to the car while in transit by rail, road, waterway, or on a lift.
If the policyholder’s car is lost in burglary or housebreaking, the insurance will offer coverage for the same. This cover is to provide compensation to the policyholder for the loss of his/her car.
In the event of an accident, the comprehensive coverage also shields the car owner from third-party liability claims. As a result, the insurance will pay the third-party/beneficiary if a vehicle with this coverage is involved in an accident and a third party is injured or killed.
Early Claim Settlement:
The company’s claim settlement process is highly convenient and seamless. One can expect to settle his/her claim at the earliest by the company.
Additional Protection Availability:
While purchasing Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance, one can opt for any of the following add-on covers based on their needs.
- Depreciation Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Gap Value Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Passenger Assistance Cover
- Key Loss Cover
- Engine Safe Cover
For more details on the additional covers, kindly go through the company’s official website.
What’s Not Included Under Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance?
The Comprehensive Car Insurance from Liberty General does not include the following expenses:
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, breakage, or failure
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicating substances
- Driving without an invalid driving license
- Contractual liability
- Damage to tubes and tyres, unless it is during an accident
- Loss or damage due to civil war, mutiny, nuclear perils, and so on.
- Loss/damage to the car outside the geographical limits of India.
- Loss as a consequence of depreciation in your car’s value
Buying Process Of Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
To purchase the insurance, kindly follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the homepage of “Liberty General Insurance”.
- Under the “Motor Insurance” section, select “Car Insurance”.
- A page will be displayed on the screen having all the information about the insurance. Go through it and then press “Buy Online”.
- Enter all the details as asked on the page, such as vehicle number, full name, mobile number, and email, and then press “Next”.
- Now enter the registration city, name of the car, and model variant name, and then click “Next”.
- The next page will ask for some personal information which the insurance-seekers should enter.
- A quote will be generated based on the information entered. Make the payment online by using your credit card/debit card or any other method available.
- Once the payment is made, insurance details will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
Claim Process Of Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
The insurance company ensures to offer a hassle-free claim process. Here’s all the insurance-seekers and policyholders require to know about Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance’s claim procedure.
- Claim Registration: First, register your claim either by calling 1800 266 5844 or through the website.
- Giving Further Details: Once your claim is registered, one of the company’s representatives will get in touch with you and ask you for further details as needed.
- Inspection: The company will send a surveyor, who will inspect the car within 24 hours (if the car is inside the city) and 48 hours (if the car is outside city limits).
- Documents Submission & Verification: Now, the car can be taken to a garage. After this, you need to submit some documents to the garage for verification purposes.
- Claim Settlement: Once the documents are verified, the company will settle the claim as soon as possible.
Renewal Process Of Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
Have a look at the following steps for renewing the insurance:
- Visit the “Liberty General Insurance” homepage.
- Choose “Car Insurance” from the “Motor Insurance” section.
- A page including all the details regarding the insurance will be shown on the screen. Click “Renew LGI Policy”.
- Enter your LGI policy number, registration/engine/chassis number, mobile number, and email ID, and then click on “Next”.
- All of your insurance details will be on screen now. Just enter your date of birth, opt for additional cover if you wish to have any, and then press “Recalculate”.
- Enter the nominee details, including first name, last name, relationship with the insured, etc. Furthermore, on the same page, enter the OTP sent to your mobile number or email address, select a payment method, and then click on “Make Payment”.
- Once the payment is successful, you can download a soft copy of your Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance renewal.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need the following documents for raising a claim against the insurance:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of RC (Registration Certificate) along with the original for verification purposes
- Copy and original of valid driving license
- Police FIR (First Information Report, if applicable)
- Fire brigade report (in case of fire)
- Photos of damaged car
- Entire set of vehicle keys
- Original replacement/repair bills
- Indemnity bond
- Discharge voucher
- No trace report of the lost car from the police
- Power of attorney and subrogation in case of total loss and theft
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) in case of total loss and theft
You can do so by simply visiting the website and clicking on the “Track Your Status” at the sliding banner of the home page. Once you do so, just enter your quotation number or lead number and you will get the results.
Yes. You can visit the company’s official website and download the claim forms under the ‘Claim Assistance’ section.
When you go to the company’s website, you will find “Garage Locator” on the left sliding bar. Just select the city, state, vehicle type, and garage type, and press “Submit” to get the results.