Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance
The Mahindra KUV100 from the house of Mahindra is the latest update of the Mahindra KUV100 series. It is an entry-level SUV with 6 seats and offers an SUV-like stance within the dimensions of a hatchback, which has a 4-star crash test rating. Boosted with aggressive front rails, the Mahindra KUV100 now has a stylish look and unique stance. The vehicle is laden with features and technology to ensure that the update has the firepower to compete with the established players. KUV 100 has two engine options, the petrol mFalcon G80, and the diesel mFalcon D75. Stacked up with features and technology, it can give competition to any of the established competitors in the market. The car is available in five variants and eight color options, including two dual tone schemes.
Looking at the benefits and facilities of the car, if someone is planning to buy this car or has already purchased the car, he/she must get an insurance plan to protect the car from the potential road risks and liabilities as this is a strong and powerful car but not immune to the road threats and accidents.
Key Specifications of Mahindra KUV100
This car has come up with a bunch of advanced features that have made the car popular among buyers and offer a seamless driving experience on the road. The following table gives a glimpse of those key features. Have a look.
Displacement – 1198 cc
Max power – 82 bhp @ 5550 rpm
Max torque – 115 nm @ 3500-3600 rpm
Engine cylinders – 3
Boot space – 243 L (Expandable up to 473 L)
|Transmission type||5-speed automatic/manual|
|Drive Type||Forward wheel drive (FWD)|
|Mileage as per ARAI||18.15 kmpl|
|Emission norm compliance||BS6|
Premium Calculation of Mahindra KUV100 Insurance
There are five different KUV 100 variants and depending on these variants, the KUV 100 insurance price also varies. Apart from that, the car insurance premium price depends on several other factors such as the Insured Declared Value of the car, geographical location of the car registration, add-on cover(s), etc. Keeping in mind certain important factors, the following premium table has been prepared.
|Variant name||Fuel type||Insured Declared Value||Zero Depreciation Cover (Add-on cover)||Premium amount|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA KUV100 1.2 K6 PLUS||Petrol||Rs. 6,65,002||Rs. 3658||Rs. 12,828|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA KUV100 K2+ 6 STR||Petrol||Rs. 4,88,015||Rs. 1952||Rs. 12,564|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA KUV100 K2 D 6 STR||Diesel||Rs. 6,23,437||Rs. 2047||Rs. 13,710|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA KUV100 K4 D 6 STR||Diesel||Rs. 6,33,561||Rs. 4142||Rs. 16,469|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA KUV100 K4+ 6 STR||Petrol||Rs. 6,02,062||Rs. 1977||Rs. 13,605|
Different Add-on Covers Available For Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance
Once a policyholder buys a Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance Plan, he/she can strengthen the plan by opting for add-on cover(s) according to his/her convenience by paying a little extra premium. With Aura, one can avail of multiple additional covers. Among them, a few important ones are mentioned below.
No Claim Bonus Protection Cover:
One can stand to enjoy 20%-50% discounts on renewal premiums with his/her accumulated No Claim Bonus (NCB) by not filing a claim for a whole policy year. Depending on the claim-free years, the percentage of the NCB benefit varies. However, filing claims may hamper this discount quite significantly.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
Sometimes referred to as nil depreciation, it is an add-on for the comprehensive car insurance policy and stand-alone own damage policy that allows the insured person to claim the entire cost of replacing car parts in the event of an accident. As part of this cover, the claim amount will not be reduced by the depreciation value of the damaged parts. It lets the policyholder make the most out of his/her car insurance coverage by providing maximum reimbursement at the time of claim.
Personal Accident Cover:
As the name suggests, this cover provides the driver with a comprehensive accident cover. Thus, if the owner-driver sustains injuries or permanent disabilities from an accident, this rider covers the financial burden of the same. It offers up to Rs. 15 lakhs compensation.
Engine Protection Cover:
Engine Protection Cover is an add-on benefit on car insurance that can be part of the comprehensive motor car insurance policy. It is used to cover the insured vehicle’s engine for any damage or loss of the parts or the engine as a whole. Thus, it is an effective compensation for repairing or replacing the car engine or its parts as a car engine is extremely expensive, and therefore, repairing it incurs a lot of costs.
A standard comprehensive car insurance policy would not provide cover for the cost of consumables. With this add-on cover, one can get compensation for the cost of consumables such as engine oil, ball bearings, nuts, bolts, washers, brake oil, screws, grease, AC refrigerant, etc., in case of replacing or refiling it due to an accident.
What Are The Exclusions of Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance?
Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance policy has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. At the same time, it also has some exclusions for which it does not provide any compensation. They are as follows.
- While driving the car, if the driver is under the influence of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substance, and the car meets an accident, the insurer does not take any liability for that.
- If the driver does not have a valid license, or the car does not have any active insurance policy at the time of the accident, the insured person cannot get any benefit.
- At the time of the accident, if the insured car does not have any valid registration certificate, then also his/her claim will get rejected.
- If the insured Mahindra KUV100 suffers any loss or damage due to riots, strikes, wars, war-like situations, nuclear radiation, etc., the insurer will not pay any compensation for that.
- If the car is used for any kind of adventurous sports or it is used outside the specified geographical area, then that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- If the accident is intentional, self-inflicted injuries, suicide or suicide attempt will not be covered under this policy.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdowns are not covered if it is not purchased as an add-on cover by the insured person.
- The expenses of general wear and tear of the insured car have to be borne by the policyholder only.
Buying Process of Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance
Keeping pace with digitalization, each insurance provider has come up with an online facility for buying. But only Probus Insurance has made the process easier and smoother. Therefore, if anyone wants to buy a Mahindra KUV100 car insurance policy, he/she can easily do so by following the below steps.
- Scroll up to the top of this page or visit the homepage of Probus’s website.
- There will be the Products tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear on the screen. Choose the Car Insurance option under the Motor Insurance tab.
- On the landing page, one needs to put the registration number of the Mahindra KUV100 car in the right place.
- After that, click on the Compare Quotes option.
- In this phase, one may need to put several other details regarding the car insurance policy. Put the data carefully.
- On the basis of the given details, the website will calculate the quotes from different insurers.
- Go through the quotes and the benefits carefully.
- If satisfied, select the desired insurer, and pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification about the same will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- The buying process is completed. Save the receipt positively for future reference.
Renewal Process of Mahindra KUV100 Car Insurance
If a car insurance policy is not renewed on time, it will be of no use as it will not offer benefits and coverage. Therefore, renewing a policy on time is one of the most important aspects of an insurance plan. with Probus Insurance, one can complete this renewal for his/her Mahindra KUV100 without any hassles if the following steps are followed religiously.
- At the top of the page, there will be the Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear. Among them, choose the Motor Renewal option.
- On the landing page, there will be options for multiple insurers. Select your insurer.
- After that, you will be directed to the company’s website.
- There, one needs to put certain details such as car registration number, policy number, etc.
- Put the details in the right place. While putting the credentials, be careful because a single piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire process.
- On the basis of the given data, the renewal amount will be calculated. Check it twice.
- If no discrepancy is found, pay the amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent regarding the same to your registered mobile number and/or email ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the available discounts on this car’s insurance plan.
- NCB Protection: No claim bonus is a discount given to the policyholder for zero accidental claims in the preceding years.
- Secured Devices: Installation of additional security devices in the car to dodge theft helps to avail discount on Mahindra car insurance premium.
- AAI Member: Policyholder who owns a membership from AAI is eligible to get a discount on the Mahindra KUV100 insurance premium.
The engine’s capacity plays a role in determining car insurance, as the higher the cubic capacity, the more insurance premium you will have to pay.
The following factors are to be considered to ascertain the cost of insuring your Mahindra KUV100:
- Coverage of the insurance policy
- Model and Make of the vehicle
- Safety equipment’s
- Driver’s driving history
- Customer loyalty
- Area of registration.
You need to have the following details with you:
Previous Year Policy Number
Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
Vehicle Registration Number
No, it is impossible to pay the Mahindra car insurance premium in installments. According to Section 64VB of the Insurance Act, of 1938, Motor Insurance Companies are not permitted to undertake the risk of ensuring coverage to a policyholder without receiving a full premium payment before the start date of the car insurance policy.