Mahindra Thar Car Insurance
Mahindra Thar is a stylish 4-seater SUV that is available in 13 variants. Crafted with new-age features, Mahindra Thar makes the city rides just as exhilarating as off-road escapades. It has 1 diesel engine and 1 petrol engine with a cubic capacity of 2184 and 1997, respectively. The SUV has a length of 3985mm, a width of 1855mm, and a wheelbase of 2450mm. Mahindra Thar follows BS-IV emission norms with a fuel tank capacity of 57 liters. The company has recently launched a more affordable Thar SUV with a 1.5-liter diesel engine and 2WD in January 2023. Introduced in the country on October 2, 2020, the second-generation Thar is the most sought-after off-roader in India.
It is a strong bestial car but not immune to unforeseen incidents. For a well-designed off-road SUV, the Mahindra Thar needs robust car insurance to protect against unforeseen liabilities and the road risks that it is exposed to. Since the new launch, the car has grown to immense popularity among consumers. Naturally, the demand for insurance policies for this car has grown proportionately. On top of that, if an individual is a car owner, he/she needs to have a third party liability only policy according to the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1988. Therefore, to make things easier and more understandable, in this article, we are going to talk about every detail that one needs to know about Mahindra Thar’s car and car insurance policy.
Key Specifications of Mahindra Thar
This car has come up with a bunch of great features that have made it so popular among customers. The following table will provide a brief glimpse of those key features. Have a look.
mHawk 130 Diesel Engine
|Mahindra Thar Ground Clearance||226 mm|
|Turning Radius||5.25 meters|
Manual 6-speed + AMT 6-Speed
6-Speed Torque Converter Automatic Transmission
Premium Calculation of Mahindra Thar Insurance
The premium amount for a car insurance policy depends on various factors such as the car model, fuel type, geographical location of registration, Insured Declared Value (IDV), add-on covers, etc. Keeping in mind certain factors, the following premium table for this car has been prepared.
|Variant Name||Fuel Type||Insured Declared Value (IDV) Cover||Zero Depreciation Cover (Add-on cover)||Premium Amount|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA THAR AX 4-STR||Petrol||Rs. 11,40,000||Rs. 5130||Rs. 29,694|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA THAR AX 6-STR Soft||Diesel||Rs. 11,33,825||Rs. 5102||Rs. 29,666|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA THAR LX 4-STR Hard||Petrol||Rs. 11,40,000||Rs. 5130||Rs. 29,694|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA THAR AX (O) Hard Top||Diesel||Rs. 11,40,000||Rs. 3743||Rs. 16,254|
|MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA THAR LX 4-STR Hard Top||Petrol||Rs. 11,58,525||Rs. 5213||Rs. 29,777|
Different Add-on Covers Available for Mahindra Thar Insurance
To strengthen the car insurance policy of Mahindra Thar, an insured person can opt for different add-on cover(s) by paying a little extra premium value. This helps to provide greater protection and safety to the car. There are many additional covers available in the insurance market. Among them, a few important ones are explained below.
Zero depreciation add-on cover:
It is also known as Nil Depreciation and Bumper-to-Bumper cover, is a popular car insurance add-on cover that helps to shift the liability of bearing the depreciation of the car and its parts from the insured person to the insurance company against a nominal premium. Sometimes, even a single claim helps the policyholder to recover the entire zero depreciation cover’s premium amount. It covers all parts of the insured car at 100% except tires, tubes, and batteries, which are covered at 50%. Generally, insurers allow 2 zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure. However, there are some insurers who allow the policyholder to make an unlimited number of zero depreciation claims during the tenure of the car insurance policy.
Roadside assistance cover:
Some insurers call this cover an ‘Anywhere Assist’ cover. It promises round-the-clock services such as emergency services, towing, refueling, resolving technical issues, change of flat tires, etc. The insurer sends the concerned person to the site of the accident/ breakdown and ensures that the car is taken care of. It is a service that can be availed all year round and at any time of the day. The premium involved is very low and affordable. It will ensure prompt service, though the charges incurred will have to be paid by the policyholder.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) cover:
The insurance provider rewards the policyholder for driving well and not making any claims in a policy year. It is called a No Claim Bonus (NCB). NCB is essentially a discount on the insurance premium that one can avail of when he/she renews the car insurance policy. If an insured person does not make any claims for a few years consecutively, he/she can accumulate up to a 50% discount on premiums. NCB belongs to the car’s owner and not the car itself. So, if the insured person has earned NCB discounts on his/her existing car, and decides to buy another car, he/she can transfer the benefits to the new car. However, it is to be noted that NCB is not transferred to one person from another unless the owner of the car passes away and the car is passed on to the heir.
The consumables items list, in the case of a car, includes brake oil, engine oil, lubricants, refrigerant for AC, ball bearings, nuts, screws, bolts, and washers, among many others, which are not covered by a standard comprehensive car insurance policy. By attaching the consumables cover add-on with the base policy, one can get coverage for replacing the parts or items that get damaged due to regular wear and tear. The car constantly consumes these items and becomes unfit for further use after a specific period.
Return to Invoice (RTI) cover:
The add-on allows the insured person to receive compensation equal to the car’s invoice value, which is the car’s original value when he/she bought it. The claim applies when a car is stolen or when it is beyond repair. For instance, in unforeseen circumstances where the insured car is stolen, and the police are not able to find the car, it might push the policyholder into a difficult situation. The RTI Cover comes to the rescue. With this, one can be assured of getting the full invoice amount as compensation.
What Are The Exclusions of Mahindra Thar Car Insurance?
To know a car insurance policy comprehensively and to avoid future complications, it is important to understand the exclusions of it, too, for which it does not provide any benefit. Therefore, the key exclusions of Mahindra Thar Car Insurance are as follows.
- Driving the Mahindra Thar without a valid or permanent Driving Licence is not covered under this policy.
- If the car suffers general mechanical or electrical breakdowns, the insured person must bear the expenses.
- If the car meets an accident while the driver is driving the insured vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substances, the insurance company will not take any liability for that.
- If the losses or damages are caused outside the specified area as stated in the policy, the insurance company will not offer any compensation for that.
- General wear and tear of motor parts of the insured vehicle will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the policyholder unless the policyholder has not purchased any add-on cover related to it.
- If the car is used for any adventurous sports or in any event for which it does not have any permission, the insurance company will not bear any responsibility.
- If Mahindra Thar does not have a proper and valid registration certificate, the insurer will also not provide any coverage.
- If there is any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt, and if it is proved, that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
Buying Process of Mahindra Thar Car Insurance
Once an individual purchases this Mahindra Thar car, he/she has to buy an insurance policy for the car’s safety. With Probus Insurance, this buying process has become super easy and he/she can complete the entire process online, staying at home if the steps below are followed thoroughly.
- Scroll up to the top of the page. There will be the Products tab. Click on that and select the Car Insurance option under the Motor Insurance tab.
- On the landing page, put the registration number of Mahindra Thar in the right place.
- After that, click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Here. One needs to provide some more details related to the insurance policy. Put the credentials carefully, and click on the Submit option.
- On the basis of the given information, the website will calculate the premium amount from different insurers.
- Check the benefits and other details carefully. If satisfied, click on the particular insurer under which you want to insure the car.
- Check the premium details again, and if no discrepancy is found, pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save the receipt for future communication.
Renew Mahindra Thar Car Insurance Online
If car insurance is not renewed on time, the insured person cannot avail of the benefits and facilities of the plan. therefore, renewing a policy is pivotal to keeping the policy active. With Probus Insurance, this renewal can be done with a few clicks if the below steps are followed religiously.
- Scroll up to the top of the page or go to the homepage of Probus’s official website.
- At the top of the page, there will be Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear. Among them, select the Motor Renewal option.
- Then, select the insurer with which you have your Mahindra Thar Car Insurance policy.
- You will be directed to the official website of the insurer. After that, provide the required information, such as the car’s registration number, policy number, etc.
- Provide the other details, if necessary.
- While putting in the credential, be careful because a single piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire process.
- On the basis of the given details, the website will calculate the renewal amount.
- Check the details carefully. If no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification regarding the same will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Save the receipt. Or else, take a printout of it for better convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
The estimated cost of Mahindra Thar services and maintenance cost for five years ranges between ₹19,500 – ₹20,000. You can avail of the first two services for free after completing 10,000 km and 20,000 km, respectively. Here is the Mahindra Thar service schedule and the total expense:
Free or paid
The Mahindra Thar SUV starts at ₹12.10 lakhs and goes up to ₹14.15 lakhs for the top model. What are the available variants in Mahindra Thar? Mahindra Thar is available in 10 variants under three sections: AX, AX Opt, and LX.
Here are ways you can easily lower your Mahindra Thar car insurance premium cost
- Install Anti-Theft Devices – Opting for Automotive Research Association of India authorized anti-theft devices for your Thar can provide an additional reward on your insurance price.
- Compare Insurance Quotes – You can enjoy a lower Mahindra Thar insurance price as well as get sufficient coverage by comparing quotes online!
- Cover Inexpensive Claims – Too many claims can lead to an increase in your insurance premium. You can try to cover inexpensive repair expenses to lower your policy claims. However, we do not recommend covering high claim amounts!
- Make the Most with NCB – Earn a No Claim Bonus on your Mahindra Thar insurance renewal premium by maintaining a claim-free year throughout the policy tenor.
Here is a list of documents required to renew Mahindra Thar’s car insurance online:
- Previous Year Policy Number
- Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
- Vehicle Registration Number
Third-party Mahindra Thar insurance covers the following:
- third-party damage
- the death of the victim, bodily injuries, etc.
The inclusions of comprehensive car insurance are as follows:
- Accidental damage
- Natural calamities
- Man-made disasters
- Third-party liabilities and other such risks.
The Mahindra Thar 2020 was launched in two seating options – 6-seater and 4-seater. However, in December 2020, two months after its October 2020 launch, the Mahindra Thar 2020 6-seater models were discontinued.
Primarily, there are two types of car insurance policies – Third party liability only and Comprehensive car insurance policy. While third party policy is mandatory for a car owner according to the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1988, comprehensive policy is optional. However, it would be advisable to opt for a standard comprehensive car insurance policy as it comes up with wider coverage, including the third party benefit.