Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance
Do you own third-party car insurance and now want to maximize your coverage? If so, it’s time to upgrade your coverage with comprehensive car insurance. In the unfortunate event of a car accident, Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance ensures coverage for both third-party liabilities and damage to the policyholder’s vehicle.
The Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance (also known as Private Car Package Policy) hence provides comprehensive car insurance coverage at affordable premium rates for unplanned collisions that result in high repair and replacement costs for the damaged vehicle. With the Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance, you would be covered for any unforeseen financial obligations resulting from damage to your vehicle in natural or man-made disasters, traffic accidents, fires, civil unrest, theft, or explosions.
Read more about the Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance in detail!
Exciting Features and Benefits Of Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance
The comprehensive car insurance by Oriental Insurance comes with a multitude of add-on covers, making it a viable option for car owners. Since the range is huge, we’ve jotted down a few to make you understand it in detail!
Alternate Car Benefit:
This add-on cover will become applicable if your car is damaged to the point where repairs would cost more than 20% of the insured declared value. You would receive a daily allowance for up to 15 days at either INR 400 or INR 650, depending on the coverage. You could plan to rent a substitute car with the help of this allowance while your car is being fixed.
Loss of Personal Effects:
The add-on would provide compensation for your loss if you lost your items while they were in the car. Cash, laptops, credit cards, and mobile phones would not be covered items. The premiums can be as low as INR 400 or as high as INR 650 depending on whether the coverage limit is INR 5000 or INR 10,000.
Nil Depreciation Cover:
The add-on does not cover the car’s and its parts’ depreciation. The parts of the car may be replaced or repaired when it is damaged and sent for repairs. In that situation, the insurance provider subtracts the appropriate depreciation from the parts that have been repaired or replaced when paying a claim.
Loss on Accident OR Theft:
Depreciation and the wreck value of the parts must be subtracted from the repair or replacement costs in the event of partial damage. The Insured Declared Value (IDV) in the event of theft or total loss. All claims are subtracted from the applicable excess.
Liability to Third-Parties:
The legal responsibility resulting from such an incident to a third party is covered under liability to third parties if the insured vehicle results in Injury/Death and/or Property Damage.
24/7 Customer Support:
The major benefit of choosing Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance is that no matter what time it is, Oriental Insurance will provide round-the-clock assistance when it comes to filing a claim.
Covers Natural Disasters:
Another major feature and benefit of considering the Comprehensive car insurance from Oriental Insurance is that the customers will get coverage against a multitude of natural disasters, including fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide.
Peace of Mind:
One of the major features and benefits of considering Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance is that you will have peace of mind, ensuring that your four-wheeler is protected and all claims can be settled.
Which Coverages Are Excluded Under Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance?
The following are the things not included under the Comprehensive Car Insurance from Oriental Insurance.
- Damage brought on by a covered vehicle while its driver is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Vehicle breakdown on both a mechanical and an electronic level.
- At the time of the accident, there was no valid driver’s licence in possession.
- General wear and tear and the depreciation of the vehicle are the main causes of damage.
- Damage brought on by the risks of terrorism, war, and rebellion
- Damage to the vehicle that occurs outside of India’s borders unless it is compensated by paying an additional premium (applicable only to Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives)
- Tyre damage sustained by the insured vehicle
- When conducting speed tests, racing, or safety trials, a vehicle may sustain damage.
Interested in Buying Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance? Let’s Find Out
To buy Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance, the following are the steps to follow.
- Visit the official website of Oriental Insurance.
- Locate “Buy Online” and put your cursor over it and then under “Motor Insurance Policy”, click on “Four-Wheeler”.
- Then, you will need to select the type of insurance, Date of first registration of the vehicle, Date of purchase of a vehicle, RTO zone, State of purchase, and enter additional cover details like Start date of new insurance, Vehicle registration number, Hypothecation type, and many other details.
- Once you are done entering all the details, you will need to click on “Calculate Premium”.
- The moment you click on it, you will see the details of the premium amount that you need to pay. Then, in the next step, you will need to enter your details like name, address, email ID, vehicle details, and many more.
- After successfully entering all the details, you will need to make a payment using your debit/credit card or Net Banking.
- Congratulations – You have finally purchased the Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance and all the associated details will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number.
Met With an Accident? Here’s How to Get Your Claims Settled
Follow these steps to make a quick and hassle-free claim for your Comprehensive car insurance from Oriental Insurance.
Raise a Request for the Claim:
Call the toll-free number for Oriental Insurance right away to notify them of the accident. Utilizing the registered email address listed in the Oriental comprehensive car insurance document, you would need to send the insurer pictures of the areas of your car that are damaged.
Oriental Insurance will send a surveyor to assess the damage as soon as the request for the claim is registered. This is a requirement for filing an insurance claim.
Sending Car for Repair:
Following the inspection, the damaged vehicle can be delivered to the closest Oriental Insurance network garage for cashless repairs. In this regard, the business also provides towing services.
The vehicle will then be fixed with any replacements needed, if any. Oriental Insurance will pay the balance owed to their network garage directly.
Payment for Deductibles:
If you didn’t choose any add-on covers, you will be responsible for paying the deductible after the repairs are completed. This cost includes the depreciation accumulated on the car’s replacement parts as well as the cost of consumables. After that, you can drive your car home.
Procedure for Renewal of Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance
Here is the complete list of steps to follow to renew your comprehensive car insurance from Oriental Insurance.
- Go to the official website of Oriental Insurance.
- On the top of the page, you will see the “Renew” option. Click on it to open the page.
- When the page is open, you’ll then need to enter “existing policy number” and then click on “Renew Now”.
- The moment you click on it, your Oriental comprehensive car insurance details will be displayed on the screen.
- After that, you will need to make the payment using your credit card/debit card or via Net Banking.
- Then, finally, your Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance will be renewed and you will get the intimation on your email ID and mobile number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are the frequently asked questions related to Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance.
If you purchased Oriental comprehensive car insurance, you are eligible to receive compensation for any loss or damage to your vehicle anywhere in India.
It is not possible to transfer any type of car insurance, including comprehensive coverage, from one insured vehicle to another.
Yes, you would be responsible for paying the mandatory deductibles as well as the depreciation amount incurred on the parts replaced during the repair.
The coverage period with Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance is generally 1 year.