Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram offers a comprehensive package car insurance policy (also known as Carshield Private Car Package Policy) which fulfills your legal requirement of having a third-party liability cover as well as protects your car against accidental damage/theft/loss. With the Royal Sundaram comprehensive cover, the policyholder enjoys extensive cover, which entitles him to claim compensation not only for third-party liabilities but also for damages incurred on the insured car. With this packaged policy, the policyholder also has the option to avail of a variety of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, windshield glass cover, etc. The company also provides a number of complementary services, such as free roadside assistance during emergencies, free flat tire service, and free emergency fuel delivery during emergencies, along with its comprehensive cover.
What are the major highlights of the Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance?
The policy has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. The important mentions are as follows.
It offers protection against damages to the third party by the insured vehicle. It covers physical injuries, damages to the vehicle, damage to the property, and death.
If the car suffers damage or loss due to natural calamities such as earthquakes, typhoons, floods, cyclones, etc., the policy compensates for that.
It also offers compensation for damages incurred by others to the insured car.
Accident and Theft:
If the insured car is stolen or suffers damage or loss due to an accident, then the policy will be there as a savior.
Personal Accident Cover:
This PA cover under the comprehensive insurance policy will pay for the compensation in case of bodily injuries, death, or any permanent disability resulting from an accident. The limit of the coverage is defined as Rs. 15 lakhs by IRDA.
Free Roadside Assistance during the time of emergencies.
Apart from theft, this company covers you from several other man-made disasters. These include riots, terrorism, strikes, fire, etc.
The following additional covers are available with this policy.
- Personal accident cover for all passengers and paid drivers up to a maximum limit of Rs. 50 lakhs per person
- Legal liability to your employees who might be driving or traveling in the car (other than the paid driver.
- Legal liability for your paid driver.
- Comprehensive cover for electrical, electronic, and non-electronic fittings.
- Cover for CNG Kit and Bi-Fuel System as mentioned in the registration copy book.
Add-on covers available with Comprehensive Car Insurance from Royal Sundaram
This policy has come up with more than 10 add-on covers. A few mentions are as follows.
Voluntary Deductible Cover:
A voluntary deductible amount is a monetary sum you can choose not to claim towards the claims of a loss or damage that is covered by the insurance policy. This means you agree to take responsibility for a part of the total cost of repair or replacement, on the first occurrence only.
Zero Depreciation Cover:
This add-on cover in a comprehensive car insurance policy ensures that the insurer covers the depreciation amount on the assessed parts as per the policy document. The benefits under the add-on can be utilized up to a maximum specified number of times during the policy period. Without this cover, all insurers account for depreciation on the car’s parts and settle the claim after making the necessary deductions on account of depreciation. Having the add-on cover will ensure that there are no deductions for the depreciation of parts.
Engine Protection Cover:
Generally, a standard car insurance policy does not provide coverage for the engine of the car against its damage. With this cover, one can get compensation for the damages incurred by your car’s engine, which is the most valuable part of a car. It helps an insured person to get financial support and ensures the long life of the car.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Cover:
It is a reward provided by the insurance company to policyholders for raising no claim in a policy year. This bonus gets accumulated with every claim-free year and ranges between 20% to 50%. The accrued percentage of the benefit earned as NCB gives a discount on the premium of the next year. However, if a single claim is made in between a policy year or if the car insurance plan gets lapsed, then this bonus will become null and void.
Loss of Baggage Cover:
This add-on provides you coverage against such belongings kept in your car. While theft of a car is covered, theft of the items kept in the car is not. Personal belongings might include items such as a laptop, smartphone, camera, musical instruments, etc.
General Exclusions of Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
The following are the exclusions:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown. Any consequential loss due to depreciation.
- Normal wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Damage caused to the vehicle due to the person driving without a valid driving license or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Wear and tear of consumables like tires and tubes.
- Vehicles being used otherwise than for the purpose described in the insurance certificate.
- Not complying with the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy document.
- Any accident occurring outside the geographical area of operation.
- Engine damage caused due to oil leakage.
- If the car driver has violated the car manufacturer’s guidelines for use and suffered damages.
Buying Process of Comprehensive Car Insurance Offered by Royal Sundaram
One can buy this policy online by following the below steps.
- Go to the official website of Royal Sundaram General Insurance.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the ‘Products’ tab.
- Select the ‘Car Insurance’ option.
- Scroll down the page a bit. There will be the ‘Buy Now’ option. Click on that.
- Put the registration number of your car on the right page, and also the mobile number.
- After that, click on the ‘Get Quote’ option.
- On the basis of the given details, the premium amount for this comprehensive policy will be displayed.
- Provide other details, such as personal information and credentials related to your car. Add add-on cover(s) if needed.
- Check the details properly. If satisfied, pay the premium amount online safely.
- Upon successful payment, download the policy document for future reference.
How To Renew The Comprehensive Motor Policy of Royal Sundaram?
If you do not renew your car policy on time, you will lose the benefits. Renew the policy online by following the below steps carefully.
- Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram General Insurance.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the ‘Insta Renew’ tab. Click on that.
- Select 4-wheeler. Choose any option to renew from a registered mobile number, registered email ID, registration number, or policy number.
- Enter a valid mobile number to generate OTP. Put the OTP in the right place.
- Put your car registration number or policy number. The renewal amount will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the details carefully. If no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount and download the document for better convenience.
Claim Process of Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance
The company offers both cashless and reimbursement claim procedures. To avail of the cashless process, one has to get admitted to a network garage and for the reimbursement process. He/she can choose any garage of his/her choice. Here is the general motor claim process of the insurer.
- As soon as the accident happens, inform the insurer.
- Once you have informed about the claim with the details of your policy and the events that led to the loss or damage, the company will guide you through the claim process.
- The insurer will assist you in finding a suitable workshop to repair your vehicle on priority and to the highest quality standards so you can get back on the road as soon as possible.
- The insurer will then depute a representative to inspect the vehicle and the damage. However, you must make sure that no dismantling or repair of the damaged vehicle takes place before the vehicle is inspected.
- Additional documents may be requested by the company depending on the claim.
- If all documents are found to be in order, the claim will be processed on a cashless basis. You only need to pay the deductible amount and your contribution to the claim, and the rest of the expenses are taken care of by the policy. The vehicle can be collected after paying all due charges and signing a satisfaction voucher.
- However, for reimbursement claims, the original invoice, along with the cash receipt, will be required to process the payment. In this case, you will have to pay out of your pocket to get the car repaired, for which the company will reimburse the amount based on the documents as per policy terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is. In consideration of the insured car having been certified as a Vintage Car by the Vintage and Classic Car Club of India, a premium discount (as stated in the schedule) is allowed to the insured.
More than 5100 network garages are there under this insurer spread all over the country.
The following documents need to be submitted:
- A duly filled and signed claim form. In case the car in question is a company car, a company seal and the authorized signatory’s signature are required.
- Self-attested photocopies of the registration certificate of the vehicle and the driving license of the driver at the time of the accident.
- In cases where the accident has caused death, injury, or third-party property damage, an FIR has to be registered at the police station.
- Any other documents requested by the company.