No Inspection. No Paper Work
Car Insurance Plans
SBI Third Party Car Insurance
Today, motor insurance has become a necessity for vehicle owners in India. Even if they don’t want to invest in comprehensive insurance, people have the option to zero in on third-party car insurance to protect them from third-party liabilities. Among notable insurance providers, SBI third party car insurance (SBI Motor Act Only Private Car Insurance) is a popular choice in the market. Let’s dive into its key details and know more about it.
What Is Covered Under SBI Third Party Car Insurance?
Here are the mentions of the benefits and inclusions of this policy below.
- It offers protection for long 3 years.
- If the third party meets an accident caused by your car and gets a bodily injury, this policy offers reimbursement for that.
- In case of property damage to another person due to an accident involving the insured car, this plan takes care of the expenses incurred due to the same.
- If the third party suffers an unfortunate and untimely demise due to an accident for which the insured car is responsible, the company will pay the compensation for that.
- The company also promises to pay all costs and expenses incurred with its written consent.
- The company may, at its own option, take the responsibility of legal representation in the court of law under the third party liability claim.
- This policy also takes care of the legal liabilities for using a CNG or LPG bi-fuel kit.
- Under this policy, a Personal Accident Cover of Rs. 15 lakhs is available for the owners. The limit of this cover is Rs. 2 lakhs per person. In the following table, the scale of compensation is stated.
|Nature of injury||Scale of compensation|
|Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye||100%|
|Loss of one limb or sight of one eye||50%|
|Permanent total disablement from injuries other than named above||100%|
Additional Information About SBI Third Party Car Insurance
By paying a little extra premium for this policy, you can avail of the following benefits:
- Personal Accident Cover to the Insured or Any Named Person Other than Driver or Cleaner.
- Personal Accident Cover to Unnamed Passengers Other than the Insured and the Paid Driver or Cleaner.
- Personal Accident Cover to Paid Drivers, Cleaners, and Conductors.
- Legal Liability Cover to Paid Driver and/or Conductor and/or Cleaner Employed in Connection with the Operation of Insured Vehicle.
- Legal Liability Cover to Employees of the Insured Other than Paid Driver and/or Cleaner and/or Conductor Who may be Travelling or Driving in the Employer’s Car.
Major Exclusions Of SBI Third Party Car Insurance
As this is a simple and basic third party policy, it comes with certain exclusions. You have a comprehensive idea about the plan, and to avoid future complexities, it is important to know the limitations. So, here are the mentions of the exclusions of this policy.
- If you use your car beyond the ‘Limitations as to Use’, and any accident happens during that time, the insurer will not take any responsibility for that.
- If there is any breach of law, or if the claim is arising out of contractual liability, the company will not compensate you at any cost.
- During the accident, if the car was driven by a driver who does not have a valid license or the car is not properly registered, that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- If the accident is intentional or the accident happens during a suicide attempt or suicide, the policy will be of no help in that case.
- The policy does not provide any coverage for theft or loss arising out of war, war-like situations, invasions, mutiny, public unrest, nuclear weapon, etc.
- If you are driving the car under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substances, and during that time, the accident happens, the policy will not reimburse for the loss or damage.
- If your car is registered as a private car and you use it for commercial purposes, the company will not be liable to compensate you in case of an accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
In that case, this policy will extend to relieve the Insured of his liability to indemnify the Ministry of Defence under the respective Regulations. To avail of this facility, you need to pay a little extra premium. Usually, that is Rs. 100.
Within 30 days from the date of receipt of the last necessary documents, this insurer settles the claim amount for third party car insurance.
The insurer has more than 2613 network garages spread all over the country.
Certainly, a comprehensive car insurance policy is better as it has wider coverage, more benefits, and facilities. However, even if you do not have a comprehensive car plan, you ought to opt for a third party policy, as it is a mandatory one as per the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1988.
No, under these circumstances, this policy will not offer you protection for the third party liabilities, even if you have opted for the extension of geographical area benefit.