Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
The fact that comprehensive car insurance offers all the benefits that the policyholder requires under single insurance makes it generally a wiser choice. It not only assists the policyholder in complying with the country’s motor laws by providing coverage for third-party liabilities but also covers various damages and losses to the car and its owner/driver.
If one chooses Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance, one can ensure to receive all-round protection at affordable premium amounts. The Comprehensive Car Insurance from Shriram General is a type of car insurance that is specifically designed to offer all coverages to the policyholder, including own damage cover, third-party cover, and personal accident cover. It offers coverage for mishaps like car theft, fire damage, accidental damage, natural catastrophes, and even man-made disasters. The insurance also includes Compulsory Personal Accident (CPA) coverage of Rs. 15 lakhs at reasonable premiums.
Features & Benefits Of Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
The insurance comes with its own set of features and benefits. Let’s take a look at them:
NCB or No Claim Bonus is offered under the Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance for a claims-free insurance period. This percentage of discount can assist in decreasing the premium amount that the policyholder is supposed to pay at the time of renewal.
Since there are no middle-men platforms under the insurance, the premiums are quite affordable. This ensures that the policyholders save a great deal of money.
Hassle-Free Purchasing & Renewal Process:
With Shriram General Insurance, it is quite simple and convenient to buy and renew the Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance. Since the process is all online, it saves a lot of time and effort.
In case the insured car causes third-party property damage, Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance will provide compensation of up to Rs. 7,50,000 for private cars. Moreover, the insurance will cover whatever the court states as the car owner’s liability to the third party that has been risen due to accidental injuries or death caused by the owner’s car.
The claim settlement process of the insurer is done with minimal documentation. This ensures quick claim settlement and assistance.
Almost Zero Paperwork:
Whether an individual wishes to purchase Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance or renew it, he/she can do so with a digital-friendly system. Therefore, almost no paperwork is required for both processes.
Wide Range Of Accidental Damages Cover:
The insurance covers any type of loss or damages caused to the insured car due to the following reasons:
- Natural calamities
- Man-made calamities
- Burglary or theft
- Accidents by external means
- Damage caused while in transit by rails, roads, inland waterways, elevators, air, or lifts
Robust Customer Support:
No matter what type of car insurance needs the policyholders have, they can receive anywhere, anytime support from the customer care team of the insurance provider.
With the Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance, the CPA (Compulsory Personal Accident) cover of Rs. 15 lakhs is mandatory for the policyholders. It is a mandatory part of the insurance that offers coverage for various medical-related expenses arising due to an accident.
The Comprehensive Car Insurance by Shriram General offers the following add-on covers at an additional premium:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Motor Protection Cover
- Daily Reimbursement
- Personal Belongings
- Return To Invoice Cover
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expenses
- Key Replacement
What’s Not Included Under Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance?
The following expenses are not covered under the insurance:
- Driving under the influence of intoxicating substances, such as drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Wilful negligence
- Consequential losses
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Driving without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage due to nuclear or radioactive elements
- Policy deductibles
Buying Process Of Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
One can instantly purchase Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance via the below-mentioned simple steps:
- Visit the official website of Shriram General Insurance.
- Under the “Products” tab at the top of the page, click on “Car Insurance”.
- On the next page, enter the car registration number and mobile number, and then press “Insure Now”.
- Now enter the details of your car, including car manufacturer, model, variant, and date of registration.
- The next step is to enter your basic details, such as name, email ID, address, etc., and select comprehensive car insurance option along with suitable add-on covers if you wish to have one.
- The final step is to complete the online payment by selecting any of the preferred methods. Once the payment is completed, you can instantly get the insurance.
Claim Process Of Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
With Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance, one can settle the claim in the following 3 simple steps:
The policyholders can raise a claim through any of the following means:
- Calling at 1800-300-30000/1800-103-3009
- Through insurer’s website
- MySGI app
The next step is to submit the following documents:
- Registration certificate along with fitness certificate
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Insured’s signature ID proof
- Discharge voucher
- Bills, payment receipts, etc.
- First Information Report (FIR, if required)
- Bank details of customers with a canceled cheque
As soon as the documents are successfully verified and completed, the insurer will initiate the claim process and disburse the amount directly to the recipient.
Renewal Process Of Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
For renewing the insurance, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Pay a visit to the homepage of Shriram General Insurance.
- Select “Car Insurance” under the “Products” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “Renew Shriram Policy”.
- Enter either the policy number or vehicle number, and then press “Renew Policy”.
- Now check the given details on the page to have an estimate about the renewal premium.
- Select the new coverage that fits your requirements. You can also select any add-on to protect your car.
- Kindly make payment through any of the given payment methods and the renewal process will be completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the list of the frequently asked questions related to Shriram’s comprehensive car insurance.
Yes. A comprehensive car insurance allows for the addition of add-ons at any moment during the duration of the insurance. It could be necessary to inspect your car to add new coverage. To include add-ons, you must first initiate an endorsement. Please contact the provider by phone or email. Also, keep in mind that you might have to fork over more money if you want more coverage.
The premium cannot be paid in installments, sorry. The Insurance Act of 1938’s Section 64VB states that the entire insurance premium must be paid beforehand.
Visit the closest branch with your insurance documentation and a completed surrender form. Submit them at the counter. The insurance will then be canceled and your bank account will be instantly credited with the refund following a successful office review of the supporting documentation. You can also cancel your insurance by calling customer service as an alternative.
You need to present the following details along with supporting documents for raising a claim against the insurance:
- Details regarding accident
- Engine and chassis number
- Car inspection address
- Vehicle’s kilometers reading
The insurer’s comprehensive car insurance is calculated based on the following factors:
- No claim bonus
- IDV (Insured Declared Value)
- Make and model of variant
- Year of manufacture
- Type of insurance