Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance
Toyota Fortuner, a luxurious SUV with an impressive road presence, was launched in the Indian market by Toyota, the leading Japanese auto manufacturer. This fabulous vehicle comes with top-of-the-range features that truly define a comfortable and safe driving experience. It is built on a Hilux pick-up truck platform. Now in its latest avatar, the Fortuner is more aggressive-looking than ever. A high Fortuner ground clearance of 225 millimeters combined with a 4×4 powertrain allows the car to easily traverse deep sand pits, desert dunes, and shallow river streams. Offered in both diesel and petrol engines, the Toyota Fortuner makes massive amounts of power, making the car perfect for cruising lazily down the highways.
Key specifications of Toyota Fortuner
This car has come up with a sack full of features and facilities. The following table gives a glimpse of those characteristics of the car.
|Fuel tank capacity||80 liters|
|Turning Radius||5.8 meters|
|Boot space||296 liters|
Premium Calculation of Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance
The premium for a car insurance policy depends on various factors such as the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car, the geographical location of the registration, the model and variant number of the vehicle, add-on cover(s), etc. Keeping in mind certain parameters, the following table has been prepared for premium calculation.
|Toyota Fortuner variant (2019 registration)||Fuel Type||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover (Add-on cover)||Premium Amount|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4*2 AT||Diesel||Rs. 19,30,540||Rs. 15,916||Rs. 14,338|
|Toyota Fortuner Sigma 4 AT||Diesel||Rs. 22,31,850||Rs. 18,687||Rs. 15,043|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4*2 MT||Diesel||Rs. 19,54,748||Rs. 17,902||Rs. 14,731|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.7 4*2 MT||Petrol||Rs. 15,65,155||Rs. 16,496||Rs. 13,512|
What Are The Available Add-on Covers For Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance?
To strengthen the car insurance policy of Toyota Fortuner, an insured person can opt for different add-on cover(s) by paying a little extra premium value. This helps to provide greater protection and safety to the car. There are many additional covers available in the insurance market. Among them, a few important ones are explained below.
Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover:
It is also known as Nil Depreciation and Bumper-to-Bumper cover, is a popular car insurance add-on cover that helps to shift the liability of bearing the depreciation of the car and its parts from the insured person to the insurance company against a nominal premium. Sometimes, even a single claim helps the policyholder to recover the entire zero depreciation cover’s premium amount. It covers all parts of the insured car at 100% except tires, tubes, and batteries, which are covered at 50%. Generally, insurers allow 2 zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure. However, there are some insurers who allow the policyholder to make an unlimited number of zero depreciation claims during the tenure of the car insurance policy.
Engine Protection Cover:
It is an add-on benefit on car insurance that can be a part of the comprehensive motor car insurance policy. It is used to cover the insured vehicle’s engine for any damage or loss of the parts or the engine as a whole. Thus, it is an effective compensation for repairing or replacing the car engine or its parts as a car engine is extremely expensive, and therefore, repairing it incurs a lot of costs.
A standard comprehensive car insurance policy would not provide cover for the cost of consumables. With this add-on cover, one can get compensation for the cost of consumables such as engine oil, ball bearings, nuts, bolts, washers, brake oil, screws, grease, AC refrigerant, etc., in case of replacing or refiling it due to an accident.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Cover:
It is a reward provided by the insurance company to policyholders for raising no claim in a policy year. This bonus accumulates with every claim-free year and ranges between 20% and 50%. The accrued percentage of the benefit earned as NCB gives a discount on the next year’s premium. However, if a single claim is made between a policy year or the car insurance plan gets lapsed, this bonus will become null and void.
Return To Invoice Cover:
With this add-on cover, the policyholder can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover is also known as Invoice Protection Cover. It helps the policyholder receive a claim amount equivalent to the cost of the car mentioned in its invoice. With this car insurance add-on cover clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance plan, the policyholder can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of the car in the case of total loss.
Apart from these, a few more additional covers are:
- Key Replacement Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Personal Accident Cover for Passengers
- Outstation Emergency Cover
General exclusions of the Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance
While a Toyota Fortuner Insurance Plan can give you protection against all the potential road risks that the car is exposed to, and third party liabilities, at the same time, it also comes up with certain exclusions for which it does not provide any cover. Therefore, to avoid future complications and have a comprehensive idea of this policy, the key and general exclusions are as follows.
- Vehicle damages due to improper handling, irresponsible driving, driving outside the specific geographical area, or usage of the car outside the terms of the use will not be covered by the policy.
- Regular wear and tear will be excluded from the policy.
- If the driver drives the car under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substance and meets an accident, that expense will not be covered by the Toyota Fortuner Insurance Plan.
- Driving without a valid license and participating in an adventurous sport will be permanently excluded from the policy.
- Any loss or damage happened due to nuclear perils or radioactive phenomena will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- Intentional accidents, self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt will not be covered.
- In case of an electrical and mechanical breakdown, the insurer will not take any liability to compensate.
- If the car does not have a valid registration certificate, the insurance plan will also be of no use.
- If the car suffers any loss due to wars, war-like situations, strikes, riots, public unrest, etc., that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
What is the buying process for Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance?
Almost every insurance company has come up with an online buying facility. But with Probus Insurance, one can have a smooth and quick buying experience of this policy if he/she follows the steps below religiously.
- Scroll up or go to the homepage of Probus Insurance.
- At the top of the homepage, there will be the Products tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear on the screen. Select the car insurance option under the Motor Insurance tab.
- On the landing page, one needs to put the registration number of the car. And click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Here, one needs to put certain details related to the policy as per his/her requirements. Put the data carefully.
- On the basis of that, the website will show the quotes from different insurers for the Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance.
- Compare the quotes, and check the details.
- If satisfied, then you can proceed to buy the product. Select the desired insurer and click on the Buy Now option.
- Pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download that for future reference.
Renewal process of the Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance
If the car insurance policy is not renewed on time, the insured person cannot avail of the benefits and the facilities of the policy. Renewing a policy on time is the most vital step after purchasing a policy. With Probus Insurance, this renewal has become very easy and can be done without any hassles if the below steps are followed carefully.
- Scroll up to the top of the page of Probus Insurance.
- There will be the Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Among the multiple options, select the Motor Renewal option.
- On the landing page, there will multiple options for different insurers. Choose the insurer with whom you have your Toyota Fortuner Car Plan.
- You will be directed to the page of the insurer.
- There, one needs to provide some information, such as the registration number of the car and/or policy number.
- If any other detail is required, put those in the right place. Be careful while putting in the credentials because a single piece of wrong information can damage the entire process.
- On the basis of the given information, the renewal amount will be displayed on the screen. Check the details carefully.
- If no discrepancy is found, pay the premium amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification about the same will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save the receipt. Or else one can also take a printout of that for better convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about on Toyota car insurance
The models are as follows: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4×2 MT, Toyota Fortuner 2.5 Sportivo 4×2 MT, Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4×2 AT, Toyota Fortuner 2.5 Sportivo 4×2 AT, Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4×4 MT and Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4×4 AT.
Yes, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has made it necessary for all car owners to avail of personal accident insurance along with their car insurance plan, both comprehensive and third party. It provides compensation if, during any accident with the insured car, the car owner dies or gets disabled.
The followings are the reasons:
Covers for any damages/losses caused to the third party
Provides comprehensive car insurance coverage
Offers cashless transactions through network garages
Get end-to-end claims assistance
Here is a list of documents required to renew Toyota Fortuner car insurance online:
- Previous Year Policy Number
- Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
- Vehicle Registration Number
It is available in the following colors: Bronze Mica Metallic, Super White, Grey Metallic, Silver Metallic, White Pearl, Attitude Black, and Silky Gold Mica Metallic.