Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance (also known as Motor Private Car Package) is a dedicated insurance designed to protect you against the financial liabilities of damage incurred by your car in any road accident, theft, fire, natural/man-made calamity or any other mishap. It also offers insurance protection for any third-party liabilities (including those involving life and property) resulting from unforeseen incidents involving your insured vehicle. The comprehensive car insurance by Universal Sompo not only pays for losses or damages to the property of third parties but also for harm done to your vehicle as a result of an accident.
Now, continue reading to know more about the Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance’s features and benefits, exclusions, buying process, claim procedure, and renewal steps in detail!
Features and Benefits of Comprehensive Car Insurance by Universal Sompo
Here are the salient features and benefits of considering the Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance.
24*7 Customer Service:
The goal of Universal Sompo General Insurance is to provide its clients with excellent customer service. The customer service team at Universal Sompo offers assistance and support to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When it comes to choosing how to pay the premium, customers have many options. Depending on their preference, the customer can pay the premium using a credit card, debit card, or nett banking.
Accidental Hospitalisation Clause for Family:
reimbursement for inpatient costs if a family member needs hospital treatment as a result of an accident that occurred while the insured vehicle was on the road.
Another major feature and benefit of choosing the Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance is that it covers the expenses incurred for the change or replacement of lost keys.
The Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car insurance covers the costs associated with moving a vehicle to the closest licenced garage in the event of an emergency breakdown.
Cost of Consumables:
One of the significant features of Comprehensive Car insurance by Universal Sompo is that it covers the expenses incurred for the replacement of consumable items like engine oil, brake oil, etc.
Covers the expense of towing the damaged vehicle to the closest repair facility and returning it to the owner.
Hydrostatic Lock Cover:
Another key feature and benefit of choosing Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance is that it will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing the insured vehicle’s engine components.
The Engine Protector provides coverage for any costs associated with repairing or replacing the engine, gearbox, or differential components of the insured vehicle.
Accidental Hospitalisation for Owner-Driver:
With Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance, the owner-drivers can protect themselves from the possibility of accidental death, bodily harm, or permanent disability while operating an insured vehicle.
Additional Expense Coverage:
In the event of a car breakdown, theft, or accident, Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance will pay for the costs associated with an overnight stay at a hotel or other lodging.
Exclusions Under the Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance
The Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance excludes the losses or damages arising out of:
- Damages resulting from the vehicle’s aging or regular wear and tear
- Any unintentional harm, liability, or expense that occurs outside of the specified area
- Damage brought on by driving without a licence or with a licence that is expired.
- Damages incurred from drunken driving after consuming alcohol or drugs
- Private automobiles are used for business.
- Any unintentional loss, damage, or liability caused by a war, invasion, the act of an enemy foreign or domestic, hostilities or warlike operations (whether before or after the declaration of war), civil war, mutiny, rebellion, military or usurped power, or by any direct or indirect consequence, whether it be local or global.
- Any responsibility of any kind that is directly or indirectly brought on by contributes to, or results from ionising radiation, contamination by radioactivity from nuclear fuel, or nuclear waste from the burning of nuclear fuel. Any self-sustaining nuclear fission process shall be considered combustion for this exception.
How to Zero In On the Comprehensive Car Insurance by Universal Sompo?
Vehicle accidents are common, especially in India, given the state of the roads and reckless driving, and they occasionally result in tragedies that affect not only your vehicle but also your life. If you are injured in a car accident or become permanently disabled, comprehensive car insurance will pay you enough money to cover your medical expenses. Additionally, the peace of mind this type of insurance offers is priceless because it offers the highest level of protection for your car and keeps you financially secure in the event of an accident.
If you are interested in buying the Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance, listed below are the steps to follow.
- Go to the official website of Universal Sompo.
- Then, on the top, you will see the products section, and when you click on it, you will see “Motor Private car” under motor insurance. Simply click on it to open the page.
- The moment you click it, you will see a page along with blanks, asking you to enter your registration number, mobile number, and name. After that, you will need to click on “Get Quote”.
- Then, in the next step, you will need to select your vehicle brand, vehicle variant, state of purchase, RTO, Date of purchase, Fuel Type, and more. Then, click on the “Proceed” button.
- After that, you will need to fill in all the details regarding your previous insurance history. On the other hand, if you have recently purchased your car, select No. Otherwise, enter the details of your previous insurance. Then, click on the “Proceed” Button again.
- Then, you will see the two options, comprehensive and own damage plan. Select “Comprehensive”. Also, you will see the details of insurance on the left-hand side and at the bottom, you will see the premium amount that you will need to pay. If you are satisfied with the amount, click on the “Continue” button below.
- In the following step, you will then need to enter your email ID, DOB, ID Type, and ID Number. In the below table, you will again need to enter first name, middle name, last name, email ID, CKYC mobile number, registered address, Pincode, state, city, vehicle details, and more.
- Once you have successfully entered all the details, click on the “Continue” button below.
- After that, you will need to make the payment using your credit/debit card, net banking, or any other method to buy the Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance. Then, once you have purchased the insurance, all the associated details will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
How To File a Claim for Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance
The following is the detailed car insurance claim process of the Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance.
- Inform Universal Sompo, the insurance provider, as soon as possible about the loss by calling either of their toll-free numbers, 1800-22-4030 or 1800-200-4030. Following your notification, Universal Sompo’s claims settlement representatives will get in touch with you to assist you in the claim settlement process.
You are required to furnish the following details while registering a claim with the insurance provider:
- Contact details of the car owner
- Policy Number
- Name of the insured person
- Details of the accident
- Location of accident or loss
- The extent of the loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle
- An authorized surveyor will arrive to assess the damages once the notification process is complete.
- The car owner can tow and transfer the vehicle to the approved garage to begin the repair work after thoroughly inspecting the accident site and the damages caused to the vehicle.
- The mechanic will give you a cost estimate, which you must submit to the Universal Sompo along with other necessary paperwork like a claim form that has been properly filled out, a copy of the registration book, a copy of your driver’s license, KYC records for the vehicle’s owner, etc.
- The repair work must begin following the filing of the claim.
In the event of a cashless claim settlement, the amount will be agreed upon directly between the insurance provider and the garage, who will then resolve the claim following the court’s instructions. In contrast, to settle a claim for reimbursement, the owner of the vehicle must first pay the bills in full before requesting reimbursement from Universal Sompo and submitting the required receipts.
Renew Your Comprehensive Car Insurance by Universal Sompo? Steps to Follow
Every car insurance has a time limit. If you have comprehensive car insurance by Universal Sompo, it must be renewed regularly and will be good for a set amount of time. Before the expiration of your current insurance, it’s crucial to renew your car insurance. If you own a car, you may have noticed that your insurance provider sends you reminders to renew your Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance. However, if you don’t renew your comprehensive car insurance, which causes it to expire, Universal Sompo is not obligated to pay the debts related to your car. They won’t pay for any losses or harm caused by your car, even during the grace period.
Listed below are the steps to follow to renew your Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- Visit the official website of the Universal Sompo.
- On the top, you will see the “Renew” button in red colour.
- After that, you will need to select “Motor” and then click on “Renew Now” under Motor Private Car.
- The moment you click on it, you will need to enter your “Policy Number” and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Then, you will see the details of your comprehensive car insurance by Universal Sompo. After that, you will need to make the payment to renew it and then all the associated details will be sent to your registered email ID and phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the list of the frequently asked questions related to the Unversal Sompo comprehensive car insurance.
No, Universal Sompo General Insurance does not offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
Unfortunately, in this situation, you are not eligible for personal accident coverage. Your car must be registered in your name to take advantage of the personal accident protection offered by your car insurance. However, for an additional fee, other occupants’ accident coverage is available.
The following elements are taken into consideration when calculating the own damage premium for Comprehensive car Insurance by Universal Sompo:
- Insured Declared Value or IDV Cubic Capacity (cc) of the car.
- RTO of registration Age of the car.
- Voluntary deductible, (if opted) NCB.