Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance
Universal Sompo third party car insurance refers to the insurance in which the company is liable to pay compensation for injury/death of a third party and third-party property damage up to Rs. 15 lakhs in aggregate. And most importantly, it has now become mandatory for every car owner to have this third-party policy according to the Indian Motor Tariff. The Universal Sompo third-party car insurance coverage satisfies the legal requirement for carrying insurance and protects you from third-party liabilities that may emerge as a result of a road accident or mishap affecting your vehicle.
What Does Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance Policy Cover?
Here are the things included in the Universal Sompo third-party policy.
Personal Accident Cover
The Company agrees to pay compensation in accordance with the following scale for bodily injury or death sustained by the vehicle’s owner-driver in direct connection with the vehicle insured, or while driving or mounting into/dismounting from the vehicle insured, or while traveling in it as a co-driver, caused by violent accidental external and visible means that occur within six calendar months of the injury, regardless of any other cause.
You will have 100% Coverage in:
|Damage to the Third-Party Property||It also includes coverage for third-party property damage resulting from an accident involving the vehicle, as mandated by the Motor Vehicle Act.|
What Are The Conditions To Be Met To Get the Full Coverage Of Policy?
If you want to get full coverage, you may then need to ensure that you are under the following conditions.
(a). This policy’s named insured is the owner-driver.
(b). At the time of the accident, the owner-driver has an active driver’s license in line with Rule 3 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
(c). During any one period of insurance, the insurer’s total liability shall not exceed Rs. 15 lakhs in aggregate.
Exclusions Of Universal Sompo Third-Party Car Insurance Policy
The Company shall not be liable under this Policy in respect of;
- Any loss, damage, or liability received or incurred as a result of an accident occurring outside of the geographical area;
- Any claim stemming from a contractual obligation;
- Any loss, damage, or liability experienced or incurred while the vehicle insured herein is in use- being used in a manner inconsistent with the ‘Limitations as to Use’ or is being driven by him/her or is being driven by him/her in the charge of someone who is not a Driver as defined in the Driver’s Clause.
- Any loss or expense originating from or arising from any unintentional loss or damage to any property, as well as any subsequent loss. Or, any liability of any kind caused, contributed to, or emerging from ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste resulting from the combustion of nuclear fuel, whether directly or indirectly. For this exception, combustion refers to any self-sustaining nuclear fission process.
- Any accidental loss, damage, or liability caused, contributed to, or derived from nuclear weapons material, whether directly or indirectly.
- Any accidental loss, damage, or liability caused directly or indirectly, proximally or remotely, by or in connection with war, invasion, the act of foreign enemies, hostilities, or warlike operations, civil war, mutiny rebellion, military or usurped power, or any direct or indirect consequence of any of the aforementioned occurrences.
In the event of a claim under this policy, the insured must show that the accidental loss, damage, and/or liability arose independently of, and was not caused by, contributed to by, or traceable to any of the foregoing occurrences or any of their consequences, and if the insured fails to do so, the Company will not be liable to pay any amount in respect of such a claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the list of the frequently asked questions related to the Unversal Sompo third-party car insurance.
To receive coverage for the legal obligations of a paid driver’s death or physical injury, you must pay an additional premium for a paid driver add-on insurance.
Yes, Universal Sompo will appoint a representative to represent you in court if a third party dies.
You will have a 15-day free look period during which you can cancel the policy and have the premium deposited into your bank account. To cancel your coverage, you can send an email or phone them.