ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance
When you are out there on the road with your car, you have to be more cautious as along with you and your passengers, you need to take care of the other people on the road so that they do not get hurt by your car. As roads are very unpredictable, and a third party can get hurt by your car at any moment, ICICI Lombard has come up with their Third Party Liability only Car Insurance policy, which is also a mandatory policy for a car owner as per the Motor Vehicle Act of India. This policy helps you to get away with legal liabilities arising out of third party bodily injury and property damage and compensates for the same. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following details.
What Are Inclusions of ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance?
This policy offers the following benefits and facilities.
- If the third party gets a bodily injury from an accident involving the insured vehicle, this policy will take care of the medical expenses arising out of that.
- If the insured car meets an accident and, in that accident, a third party suffers from an unfortunate and untimely demise, this policy promises to compensate for that.
- If any damage occurs to the property of the third party due to an accident that involves the insured car, this policy will reimburse the amount up to a certain limit as mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Any driver who is driving the car on the insured’s order or with the insured’s permission will be compensated by ICICI Lombard if he/she faces the same situation. This benefit is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- This policy under its own option may take the financial responsibilities for the legal liabilities arising out of an accident causing property damage or bodily injury to the third party.
- This policy has also come up with personal accident cover for the owner-driver up to a certain limit as stated below-
|Nature of injury||Scale of compensation|
|Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye||100%|
|Loss of one limb or sight of one eye||50%|
|Permanent total disablement from injuries other than named above.||100%|
Discounts Available Under ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance
The plan has presented various discounts on the premium amount under certain conditions. To know more about the discounts, follow the below details.
- Discount for vintage cars – This facility is applicable only to vintage private cars. The car has to be certified as a Vintage Car by the Vintage and Classic Car Club of India.
- Installation of the anti-theft device – If you install any Anti-Theft device approved by the Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI) in your car, you are eligible to avail of discounts on a certain percentage on the premium amount. This facility is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Discount for members of recognized automobile associations – If you are a registered member of any recognized automobile association and it qualifies the terms and conditions of the company and Motor Vehicle Act, you are eligible to enjoy discounts up to a certain limit.
- Discount for specially designed cars – If your car is specially designed or modified for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons, you may have scope to avail of a discount of 50% on the Own Damage premium.
Exclusions of ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance
You need to understand that this third party liability policy is just a basic cover for your car; it is not a comprehensive or package policy. Therefore, it has certain exclusions. To have an overall idea about the policy, have a look at its exclusions of it below.
- If the car is used beyond the “Limitations as to Use”, and any hazards occur to the third party during that, the company is not liable for that.
- If the driver is not licensed, or the car is not registered, the insurer will not take any responsibility for the occurrence.
- If the accident is intentional or the accident happens during the suicide or suicide attempt, the policy will not compensate in that case.
- If the accident happens while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substance, the policy will not reimburse any amount.
- The company will not be liable in respect of any claim arising out of any contractual liability.
- If the death or bodily injury does not qualify the terms and conditions of the Motor Vehicles Act, no compensation will be provided.
- If the third party gets affected due to civil war, war, war-like situations, nuclear weapons, man-made hazards, etc., involving the insured car, the company will not take any responsibility for that.
Frequently Asked Questions
In that case, the legal heir of the insured person can transfer the policy or can obtain a new policy. For that, he/she has to produce the following documents.
- Death Certificate in respect of the insured
- Proof of title to the vehicle
- Original Policy
There are more than 4800 cashless garages of the insurer spread all over the country.
Here are a few mentions of the additional covers that come with this policy by paying a little extra premium:
- Personal Accident Cover to Unnamed Passengers Other than Insured and the Paid Driver and Cleaner.
- Personal Accident Cover to the Insured or Any Named Person Other Than Paid Driver and Cleaner.
- Personal Accident Cover to Paid Drivers, Cleaners, and Conductors.
- Personal Accident Cover to Unnamed Hirer and Unnamed Pillion Passengers.
- Legal Liability Cover to Paid Driver and/or Conductor and/or Cleaner Employed in Connection with the Operation of Insured Vehicle.
- Accidents to Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen Employed as Drivers.
Mainly, there are three types of car insurance policies – Private car package policy, Stand-alone own-damage car insurance, and Third party car insurance. Among these, only Third Party Car Insurance is the mandatory one.
No, under this circumstance, it will exclude sea voyage and air passage for the purpose of ferrying the insured vehicle to the extended geographical area.