Liberty Third Party Car Insurance Policy
Owning a car brings lots of responsibility, especially when you are out there in a crowded place with your car as it increases the possibility of an accident. An accident can invite legal troubles for you if the third party is injured or suffered loss because of your car. To help you in this situation, Liberty General Insurance has come up with Third Party Car Insurance, which covers loss or damage suffered by a third party in case of an accident by your insured vehicle.
What All Is Covered in Liberty Third Party Car Insurance?
Liberty Third Party Car Insurance is a budget-friendly basic car insurance plan that has come up with the following benefits and facilities.
- If in an accident your car is involved, and the third party receives bodily injuries, the cost associated with that will be compensated by the policy.
- If in an accident, the third party needs hospitalization and other medical treatments, the company will reimburse the expenses associated with it, only if your car is directly involved with the accident.
- If the third party suffers an untimely demise due to an accident, involving your car, the policy will compensate for that as well.
- If the property or belongings of the third party gets damaged under the same circumstance, the policy will take care of the expenses.
- Costs associated with compensating the owner or driver of the insured car if an accident leads to disability or death will be reimbursed by the insurer.
- This Policy permits you to drive all over the country, legally.
- It reduces your financial and legal liabilities and protects you against unexpected expenses.
General Exclusions of Liberty Third Party Car Insurance
As third party car insurance is a basic cover, it does not give you protection against certain situations, which are important to know, otherwise you may face problems in the future. So, the general exclusions of Liberty Third Party Car Insurance are as follows.
- If in the accident, the insured person’s car gets damaged, a third party policy will not take care of that.
- If the belongings in the car get damaged or lost in the vent of the accident, that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- The costs associated with losses incurred in case your vehicle is subjected to natural calamities, human-made incidents, or nuclear disasters will not be covered by the policy.
- If the accident is self-inflicted, and it is proven, the policy will not take care of any expenses related to it.
- If there is any breach of law or the owner-driver is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substances, there will be no reimbursement.
Factors That Can Affect Liberty Third Party Car Insurance Premiums?
The premium amount for your third party car insurance is not primarily determined by your insurance provider, rather it depends on certain factors that are determined by IRDAI. A few of those are as follows:
Age of your car – Premiums for brand new cars are typically lower as the older cars are more prone to accidents and different difficulties.
The type of car – The premium amount is generally higher for luxury cars or SUV/MUV cars. On the other hand, the cubic capacity (CC) or your car’s engine is also considered while calculating third party insurance premiums.
Limits – For third party car insurance, Motor Accident Claims Tribunal and IRDAI determine the limit of the coverage, in most cases. That also puts an impact on the premium amount that you have to pay for the plan.
Third party cover premium calculator – Third-party insurance premiums are determined by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI). The body regulates the premium amounts annually. The premiums are determined on the basis of the aforesaid factors.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is mandatory to have a third party car insurance plan in India. It is a statutory requirement as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
If you want to buy a third party car insurance policy from this insurer, you can purchase it online. Even, you can also renew it online.
Under Liberty General Insurance, there are more than 5500 partner garages spread all over the country.
A comprehensive car insurance policy is always beneficial as along with the third party liability cover, it comes up with a lot more benefits and facilities for the insured person. But, a third party car insurance plan is the mandatory one. So, even if you do not have a comprehensive car policy, you need to have a third party liability plan.
If you want to buy a third party liability policy under this company, you need to have the following documents:
- Your vehicle registration number, as mentioned on the RC book
- The car’s engine number
- The chassis number
- The make and model of your car, including the manufacturing date
- The date of car purchase and the city in which you purchased it
- Your personal details, such as your name, address, contact number, and email ID
- Details of your previous car insurance policy number (if any)