New India Car Insurance Claim
A policyholder of New India Car Insurance is entitled to a claim as reimbursement for losses caused in an accident. A ‘claim’ is a formal request by a policyholder to the insurer to pay the claim amount in accordance with the policy. There are two ways to begin the claim settlement procedure with New India Car Insurance: cashless claim settlement and reimbursement claim.
In this post, we will look at some of the ways for filing a claim against New India Car Insurance, cashless claim, reimbursement claim, and what are the general reasons for which your New India Car Insurance claim might be rejected.
Ways For Filing A Claim Against New India Car Insurance
The following are the ways through which you can file a claim against your New India Car Insurance:
- Branch Visit: You can pay a visit to the nearby branch office of New India and request the employees for intimating your claim.
- Phone: You can call the company’s toll-free number 1800-209-1415. The customer care executive will assist you in initiating your claim process.
- Website: You can also file a claim with the help of the company’s website. Just visit the official website of the company, click on “Motor Insurance”, then press “Claim Intimation”, and follow the required procedures.
- Bima Bot: New India Insurance offers “Bima Bot”, which is a chatbot service for the customers. This chatbot provides the option for claim intimation, through which you can start your claim process.
How To Make Cashless Claim Against New India Car Insurance?
New India General Insurance has devised a simplified procedure for resolving policyholder claims:
- Inform The Company: The very first step is to inform the company about the accident or theft of your car as soon as possible. You can call the company’s toll-free number or use the company’s website to intimating a claim.
- Claim Registration: Customer service will contact the policyholder and present them with their claim reference number as well as other important information and instructions.
- Car Inspection: New India Assurance will send a surveyor to analyze the damage and loss caused by the accident after the claim has been successfully registered.
- Submitting Documents: Policyholders will be asked to provide all essential papers after the surveyor assesses the damages caused by the accident.
- Car Repair & Claim Settlement: Policyholders can use cashless claim services at preferred workshops for a simple and convenient experience. After the appropriate documents are received, the company will immediately initiate the claim, paying the repair expenses straight to the garage and allowing the policyholder to pick up the repaired car after paying the required deductibles.
How To Make Reimbursement Claim Against New India Car Insurance?
In case you are unwilling or unable to make a cashless claim, you can also opt for a reimbursement claim against your New India Car Insurance. You need to adhere to the following steps:
- Inform The Company: You must first notify the company as quickly as possible about the accident or theft of your vehicle. You can file a claim by calling the company’s toll-free number or visiting their website.
- Claim Registration: You will be given a claim reference number, and a representative from New India Assurance will contact you for additional information and instructions.
- Inspection & Submission Of Documents: A surveyor will be assigned to assess the accident’s damage and loss. Send the company the completed and signed claim form, FIR, and all other applicable papers for verification.
- Towing & Repairing Your Car: New India Assurance offers free towing up to Rs.1,500. The policyholder can choose any garage they choose, but to receive compensation, they must provide all payment receipts and bills to the company.
- Reimbursement: The company will immediately start the claim after the surveyor submits his report and all documentation is completed. The company will quickly repay the insurer for the sum paid to the garage.
Documents Required During The Claim Process Of New India Car Insurance
When settling a car insurance claim for New India General Insurance, the following documents are required:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Valid driving license
- Copy of claim intimation
- Valid RC (Registration Certificate) of your car
- FIR/Police Panchanama (if required)
- Copy of premium receipt
- Bills and cash memos of repairs
Exclusions Of New India Car Insurance Claim Process
In the following situations, the New India Assurance car insurance claim process will not be applicable:
- The vehicle’s normal wear and tear
- Vehicle failure due to electrical or mechanical malfunction
- If the driver was under the age of 18 or without a valid driver’s license
- If the driver was inebriated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Loss/damage as a result of wars, mutiny, or nuclear danger
- In the event that a personal car is utilized for commercial purposes and vice versa.