KIA Carens Car Insurance
Kia Carens is a stylish and robustly built car with extensive safety features. It is one of the most popular and tech-savvy MPVs whose presence on the road has come to be known as youthful, exuberant, and wonderfully sleek. Built with striking interiors, an assortment of premium features, and powertrain options, the car is ideal for those who do not want to compromise on space, performance, and comfort. It is a Multi-Purpose Vehicle that is fitted with a 1497cc engine. The Kia Carens is priced between Rs. 9.6 lakh and Rs. 17.7 lakhs and has a 4-star Global NCAP certification. A superb car like this has to be protected with suitable Kia Carens insurance so that the owner of the car remains financially compensated during any unfavorable conditions like accidents or other catastrophes, as no car is immune to road risks, no matter how robust the car is.
Comprehensive car insurance covers the insured person and his car against financial liabilities in the event of an unfortunate occurrence while providing reimbursements for stolen parts or repairs incurred due to accidents, theft, natural calamities, man-made disasters, and so on.
The following table will give a brief idea about this car. Have a look.
|ARAI Mileage||15.7 to 21.3 kmpl|
|Engine Displacement||1497 cc|
|Max torque||250 nm @1500-2750 rpm|
|Max power||113.42 bhp @4000 rpm|
|Transmission||Automatic and manual|
|Fuel type||Petrol and diesel|
|Other important traits|
Premium calculation of KIA Carens Car Insurance
The premium amount for a car insurance policy depends on various factors such as the car model, fuel type, geographical location of registration, Insured Declared Value (IDV), add-on covers, etc. Keeping in mind certain factors, the following premium table for this car has been prepared.
|KIA Carens Car Variants (2018 registration)||Ex-showroom price||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover (Add-on Cover)||Comprehensive car insurance premium|
|Premium petrol||Rs. 9,59,900||Rs. 4,04,550||Rs. 5057||Rs. 4512|
|Prestige petrol||Rs. 10,69,900||Rs. 4,49,550||Rs. 5619||Rs. 4634|
|Prestige Plus Petrol||Rs. 13,89,900||Rs. 6,56,550||Rs. 8207||Rs. 5194|
|Luxury Petrol||Rs. 15,29,900||Rs. 6,74,550||Rs. 8432||Rs. 5234|
|Luxury Plus Petrol||Rs. 16,59,900||Rs. 7,64,550||Rs. 9557||Rs. 5487|
Different Add-on Covers Available With KIA Carens Car Insurance
Once a policyholder buys a KIA Carens Car Insurance Plan, he/she can strengthen the plan by opting for add-on cover(s) according to his/her convenience by paying a little extra premium. With Carens, one can avail of multiple additional covers. Among them, a few important ones are mentioned below.
Zero depreciation add-on cover:
It is also known as Nil Depreciation and Bumper-to-Bumper cover, is a popular car insurance add-on cover that helps to shift the liability of bearing the depreciation of the car and its parts from the insured person to the insurance company against a nominal premium. Sometimes, even a single claim helps the policyholder to recover the entire zero depreciation cover’s premium amount. It covers all parts of the insured car at 100% except tires, tubes, and batteries, which are covered at 50%. Generally, insurers allow 2 zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure. However, some insurers allow the policyholder to make an unlimited number of zero depreciation claims during the tenure of the car insurance policy.
Engine protection cover is an add-on benefit on car insurance that can be part of the comprehensive motor car insurance policy. It is used to cover the insured vehicle’s engine for any damage or loss of the parts or the engine as a whole. Thus, it is an effective compensation for repairing or replacing the car engine or its parts as a car engine is extremely expensive, and therefore, repairing it incurs a lot of costs.
Though car accessories improve the appearance of the car and give comfort to passengers, many people fail to understand that it comes with a cost of maintenance as well, which is not provided by a standard car insurance plan. Accessories Add-on in car insurance provides financial coverage for the accessories like stereo system, reverse camera, LCD TV, etc. of the car in case of mishap or accident. If the policyholder is passionate about enhancing the car, then it would be smart to protect those high-end accessories by paying an extra premium to the car insurance company.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) cover:
The insurance provider rewards the policyholder for driving well and not making any claims in a policy year. It is called a No Claim Bonus (NCB). NCB is essentially a discount on the insurance premium that one can avail of when he/she renews the car insurance policy. If an insured person does not make any claims for a few years consecutively, he/she can accumulate up to a 50% discount on premiums. NCB belongs to the owner of the car, and not to the car itself. So, if the insured person has earned NCB discounts on his/her existing car, and decides to buy another car, he/she can transfer the benefits to the new car. However, it is to be noted that NCB is not transferred to one person from another unless the owner of the car passes away and the car is passed on to the heir.
Personal Accident Cover:
As the name suggests, this cover provides the driver with a comprehensive accident cover. Thus, if the owner-driver sustains injuries or permanent disabilities from an accident, this rider covers the financial burden of the same. It offers up to Rs. 15 lakhs compensation.
Return to invoice cover:
It covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of the insured car, along with the registration and other applicable taxes. RTI helps in fetching the car’s purchase value (on-road price) in case of theft or total loss. When the cost of repair cost is over 75% of the IDV, it is considered a total loss. However, it is applicable if the car is extremely damaged and becomes unusable, but this cover is not applicable for small damages.
What are the key exclusions of KIA Carens Car Insurance?
KIA Carens Car Insurance policy has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. At the same time, it also has some exclusions for which it does not provide any compensation. To have a comprehensive idea of an insurance policy and to avoid future complications, it is important to go through the exclusions of it thoroughly. Therefore, the general exclusions of this policy are as follows.
- While driving the car, if the driver is under the influence of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substance, and the car meets an accident, the insurer does not take any liability for that.
- If the driver does not have a valid license or the car does not have any active insurance policy at the time of the accident, the insured person cannot get any benefit.
- At the time of the accident, if the insured car does not have any valid registration certificate, then also his/her claim will get rejected.
- If the insured KIA Carens suffers any loss or damage due to riots, strikes, wars, war-like situations, nuclear radiation, etc., the insurer will not pay any compensation for that.
- If the car is used for any kind of adventurous sports or it is used outside the specified geographical area, then that will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- If the accident is intentional, self-inflicted injuries, suicide or suicide attempt will not be covered under this policy.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdowns are not covered if it is not purchased as an add-on cover by the insured person.
- The general wear and tear expenses of the insured car must be borne by the policyholder only.
Buying process of KIA Carens Car Insurance
One can easily buy KIA Carens Car Insurance with the help of Probus Insurance. For that, the following steps are to be followed.
- Scroll up, or else, go to the homepage page of Probus Insurance.
- At the top of the page, there will be the Car Insurance tab. Click on that.
- On the landing page, one needs to provide a few pieces of information, such as the registration number of his/her car in the right place, and then click on the Compare Quotes option.
- Probus Insurance will calculate the quotes from the different car insurance companies for your KIA Carens.
- It will be displayed on the screen. Here, one needs to put some details related to his/her requirements. Based on that, the final quotes will be shown.
- Check the details. If satisfied, one can buy the policy from there by clicking on the insurer.
- If any further information is required, put them as instructed. After that, pay the premium amount by choosing one of the most convenient methods of payment.
- Upon successful payment, a notification will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save it for future reference.
What is the Renewal process of KIA Carens Car Insurance?
If a car insurance policy is not renewed on time, it will be of no use as it will not offer the benefits and coverage. Therefore, renewing a policy on time is one of the most important aspects of an insurance plan. With Probus Insurance, one can complete this renewal for his/her KIA Carens without any hassles if the following steps are followed religiously.
- Scroll up to the top of the page of Probus Insurance or go to the homepage of the company’s official website.
- At the top of the page, there will be Renew Your Policy tab. Click on that.
- Multiple options will appear. Among them, select the Motor Renewal option.
- Then, select the insurer with which you have your KIA Carens Car Insurance policy.
- You will be directed to the official website of the insurer. After that, provide the required information, such as the car’s registration number, policy number, etc.
- Provide the other details, if necessary.
- While putting in the credential, be careful because a single piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire process.
- Based on the given details, the website will calculate the renewal amount.
- Check the details carefully. If no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount by choosing the most convenient method of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, a notification regarding the same will be sent to the registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Save the receipt. Or else, take a printout of it for better convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about on KIA car insurance
The minimum tenor of a Kia Carens insurance policy is one year.
The following are the available discounts on this car’s insurance plan.
- NCB protection: No claim bonus is a discount given to the policyholder for zero accidental claims in the preceding years.
- Secured devices: Installation of additional security devices in the car to dodge theft helps to avail discount on KIA car insurance premium.
- AAI Member: A policyholder who owns a membership from AAI can get a discount on the KIA Carens insurance premium.
The total loss of a car happens when it gets extremely damaged. Such a car cannot be repaired or the cost of repairs is more than its actual price.
Here is a list of documents required to renew KIA Carens’ car insurance online:
- Previous Year Policy Number
- Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
- Vehicle Registration Number
Primarily, there are two types of car insurance policies – Third party liability only and Comprehensive car insurance policy. While third-party policy is mandatory for a car owner according to the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1988, comprehensive policy is optional. However, it would be advisable to opt for a standard comprehensive car insurance policy as it comes up with wider coverage, including the third-party benefit.
No, considering the nature of the damage, which is wear and tear, the peeling off your Carens’ paint will not be covered by the car’s insurance policy.
The followings are the unique features of this car:
- Star Map LED DRLs with Crown Jewel LED Headlamps.
- BOSE premium 8-speaker surround sound system.
- Generous 10.25-inch touchscreen smart infotainment system.
- Sky Light Sunroof.
The Kia Carens has a fuel tank capacity of 45 litres.